It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venice, Italy Mayor: Shoot Anyone Who Yells This Phrase

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think the planet should adopt this policy. Nip it in the bud, I say. You want to play the terrorism game, then you will immediately pay the price.

Venice's right-wing mayor has ordered cops to shoot ANYONE who shouts 'Allahu Akbar' - rather than risk a terror attack .

The phrase in Arabic for 'God is greatest' has been shouted in multiple terrorist incidents across the continent, but is more commonly harmlessly used by Muslims during prayers as a reminder of God's significance in their lives.

The Times reports that mayor of Venice Luigi Brugnaro has reportedly decided its an unacceptable phrase to be shouted in the city's St Marks Square.

More at the link:

www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 8/24/2017 by Lurker1 because: REVISED THREAD TITLE.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This mayor just went..................

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is that like yelling fire in a theater?! I'm sure this is taken way out of context, or the mayor should be taken out of office.

+1 more 
link   
Sounds good to me...better safe than sorry...

edit on 24-8-2017 by RustyNailer because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
I think the planet should adopt this policy. Nip it in the bud, I say. You want to play the terrorism game, then you will immediately pay the price.

Venice's right-wing mayor has ordered cops to shoot ANYONE who shouts 'Allahu Akbar' - rather than risk a terror attack .

The phrase in Arabic for 'God is greatest' has been shouted in multiple terrorist incidents across the continent, but is more commonly harmlessly used by Muslims during prayers as a reminder of God's significance in their lives.

The Times reports that mayor of Venice Luigi Brugnaro has reportedly decided its an unacceptable phrase to be shouted in the city's St Marks Square.

More at the link:

www.mirror.co.uk...

I must admit that if someone utters that phrase in a public place, I will probably be ducking for cover....
But I can't say that I agree with shooting someone for saying it if they don't present some evidence of being a threat.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RustyNailer

Better safe than sorry can be used against both the radical right and left... in fact it is, that's why America is getting so damn politically violent. It's ignorance expanded to violence.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's time for extreme measures. I've had enough of the outrageous bullsh*t from extremists.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Better safe than sorry can be used against both the radical right and left... in fact it is, that's why America is getting so damn politically violent. It's ignorance expanded to violence.

This isn't about American politics. There are plenty of appropriate threads for that.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I was being sarcastic...I wish the internet had a sarcasm font.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Erm, we are talking about Venice, Italy here.

Warmest

Lags

originally posted by: Antipathy17

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am not a linguistic expert, but based upon observation I must assume that phrase means "YOU DIE NOW!!!"

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If I heard that phrase yelled, I would be long gone before the exclamation mark.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Venice's right-wing mayor has ordered cops to shoot ANYONE who shouts 'Allahu Akbar' - rather than risk a terror attack .

And this boys and girls is an object lesson of what never to do.

Over react.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

I was using politics to show you an example of a failure. I wasn't making this political. Attacking people just in case is some bull#.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

More at the link:

www.mirror.co.uk...

I must admit that if someone utters that phrase in a public place, I will probably be ducking for cover....
But I can't say that I agree with shooting someone for saying it if they don't present some evidence of being a threat.

Living in France and after having witnessed the carnage that has been dealt by these brainwashed extremist savages over the years, I can tell you that no sane person would "shout" that phrase in public.

If an idiot chooses or thinks it funny to do so then he will probably get his/her head seriously kicked in by the general public before being handed over to the police for another belting (erm accident...) and then hauled off to do some time with Bubba and Co.

Warmest

Lags

edit on 24-8-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Whoops double post... sorry
edit on 24-8-2017 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
I am not a linguistic expert, but based upon observation I must assume that phrase means "YOU DIE NOW!!!"

That is the "new literal" translation:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: butcherguy

More at the link:

www.mirror.co.uk...

Living in France and after having witnessed the carnage that has been dealt by these brainwashed extremist over the years, I can tell you that no sane person would "shout" that phrase in public.

If an idiot chooses or thinks it funny to do so then he will probably get his/her head seriously kicked in by the general public before being handed over to the police for another belting (erm accident...) and then hauled off to do some time with Bubba and Co.

Warmest

Lags

I really have to agree. In this age, yelling that in a public place, even as a joke, you must accept the consequences.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Then you would be incorrect in your assumption. It actually translates as "Allah is Greater" or "Allah is [the] greatest".

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Then you would be incorrect in your assumption. It actually translates as "Allah is Greater" or "Allah is [the] greatest".

And then people die.

What's your point?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join