posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:02 AM
In the famous Hill abduction case, apparently the reason is that the aliens are investigating other systems with yellow stars similar to their own.
This was illustrated to Betty via a projected starmap, with the yellow stars indicated, etc.
The really interesting thing about this, is that the starmap drawn by Betty under hypnosis:
1. shows constellations not visible in Betty's native hemisphere
2. indicates not only the stars' positions, but also color (some of which weren't even known at the time, and only confirmed later)
3. indicates stars that astronomers of the time didn't even know existed (and were only confirmed later)
4. showed a fairly plausible travel path (based on distances, etc.) between the yellow star systems.
5. shows the aliens' home system as what we call the Zeti-Reticuli system, which jives with some alleged earlier documentation, and some latter
accounts by witnesses.
I'm not so sure it's a "friendly" visit though. After all, we are talking about beings who abducted them (and others) against their will, and
then manipulated their memories. The Hills, like many others, only knew they had missing time they couldn't explain. They weren't looking for
aliens, and it was a relatively new phenomenon at the time (abductions) when they got regressed. They just wanted answers.
Whatever their motives...keep this in mind. They abduct people against their will, experiment on them, alter their memories. They invade our
airspace, under cover of secrecy. They do not initiate contact with us. They've shown quite an interest in our defense installations, and have even
disabled them in the past. They've eluded our air defenses, not responded to any form of hails, etc. to our knowledge.
Whatever their motive, it doesn't look warm and fuzzy people.....