It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the reason for visiting earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
just want to hear peoples opinions on why we are being visited by aliens if we even are?? what does earth have that would make them travel billions of light years to visit us
just a thought

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
For the same reason any parent wants to visit their kids. Besides, we have the best pizza in the galaxy!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well I think there are thousands of reasons why we are visited by ET life forms but here are a few I have heard over the years. The possibilities are endless. As to why they are really here well...who knows. Good questions though.

Aliens are interested in:

Certain natural resources: minerals, magnetic field

Genetic Research

Constructing a hybrid race

Human interactions

Rich Ecosystems

Array of biological life forms

Saving the planet from mankind’s destruction

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
pizza is the future

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In the famous Hill abduction case, apparently the reason is that the aliens are investigating other systems with yellow stars similar to their own. This was illustrated to Betty via a projected starmap, with the yellow stars indicated, etc.

The really interesting thing about this, is that the starmap drawn by Betty under hypnosis:

1. shows constellations not visible in Betty's native hemisphere
2. indicates not only the stars' positions, but also color (some of which weren't even known at the time, and only confirmed later)
3. indicates stars that astronomers of the time didn't even know existed (and were only confirmed later)
4. showed a fairly plausible travel path (based on distances, etc.) between the yellow star systems.
5. shows the aliens' home system as what we call the Zeti-Reticuli system, which jives with some alleged earlier documentation, and some latter accounts by witnesses.

I'm not so sure it's a "friendly" visit though. After all, we are talking about beings who abducted them (and others) against their will, and then manipulated their memories. The Hills, like many others, only knew they had missing time they couldn't explain. They weren't looking for aliens, and it was a relatively new phenomenon at the time (abductions) when they got regressed. They just wanted answers.

Whatever their motives...keep this in mind. They abduct people against their will, experiment on them, alter their memories. They invade our airspace, under cover of secrecy. They do not initiate contact with us. They've shown quite an interest in our defense installations, and have even disabled them in the past. They've eluded our air defenses, not responded to any form of hails, etc. to our knowledge.

Whatever their motive, it doesn't look warm and fuzzy people.....

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
We all could have tons of fun with this topic and it is an interesting one at that. I think that perhaps we are being visited because of several things. After hours of research and studying this peculiar phenom., I would say the following: They may be visiting us in hope of trying to prolong their race(s).
Also, they may be having problems where they live that may be threating or leading to the end of their planet. I mean their planet may be dying or running out of what they need in order to survive. One more twist on this may be that they are coming to earth in order to give guidence to our nation(s) leaders in order to keep us from self-destruction. What has me puzzled is that of all reported cases of sightings and abductions, 85% have been within 65 miles from some type of military installation of sorts. I think their abductions are to implant some type of genetic marker knowing that if their race(s) are going downhill fast, they would have a rich gene pool that whould be ready for harvest on a moments notice. Their sightings especially around the military installations could be that they are probing to test us in a technologic form. Meaning, they may only want us to get to a certain point. Anyway I look at it they have nothing to lose by dropping in from time to time making sure their gene pool that has been incubating here for years is coming along to their exacting standards.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Many ETs who visit Earth are actual tourists. While we take holidays in other countries, more advanced beings visit other worlds. "Compared to most planets Earth is almost unique with its vast diversity of nature, culture and inhabitants. As primitive planets go we are a popular attraction."

www.timetravelinstitute.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
genetic research
resources
slave race
the planet

To study us
Help evolution

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The problem is we don't know why they're here. Their motives may be dark or they may just have different customs. Yes I know cattle mutilation is a strange custom, but imagine how all native cultures felt when greeted the first time by explorers.

I doubt that when the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock they instantly went to greet the Native Americans. They probably saw them from a distance, tried to gather more info about them, and then approached them.

The norm seems to be however, when a new culture comes in, it tries to destroy the existing culture.

new topics

top topics

join