It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think many of us who are not partisan fanatics are very concerned by ANTIFA and the KKK types and view them as equal threats.

I don't view them as equal threats because I think we can agree that being anti-fascist is ok. In fact, I doubt you could find one person here that would say fascism is a good thing.

The KKK types, not ok. I would hope that you would not find one person here that would say they are "good people".

So I can understand where ANTIFA-type of people are coming from. We may not like that they are willing to band together with the Black Bloc folks and get violent, but their goal is at least understandable.

KKK, not so much.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The opposite is the case, actually. I'm happy to have you guys forming this awesome canvas of mine. And yeah... thanks for having me, too!

#MOAR

So you support Antifa and MOAR? Thats an oxymoron.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thousand year riech...
Nazi scumbag apologists you are right if a Muslim kills people with a car they want Islam banned but when a nazi scumbag does it it is a false flag/ setup. Still some here are attempting to say anything but a nazi terrorist did it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: neo96

You mean those who aren't drawing Social Security?

Prove it.

Prove what ?

That 6 percent a person pays in payroll taxes pays for the benefits received over a persons lifetime doesn't even come close to ever to balancing the books.

It dam well doesn't.

The employer is matching the contribution(someone else).

Printing money out of thin air doesn't balance the books.

Borrowing from China doesn't balance the books

Creating new taxes doesn't balance the books.

I don't have to prove a GD thing.

The 20 trillion dollar debt does.

Because the GD left has them champagne delusions on a walmart paycheck.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So, yada yada ... I'd like to hear you say that you defend the First Amendment rights of known terrorists.

Stand behind your convictions and just say it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Do you equate violence with free speech? Vandalism with free speech? Showing up at protest with things like bottles and bricks to throw with free speech? Wearing masks to hide their identity free speech? The Constitution actually uses the word "peaceful" for a reason.

Personally I think both both groups, ANTIFA and White Nationalists (KKK, Skinheads and the like) are disgusting people. Question is why do people keep trying to lump all members of the Right or Left in with them. Both sides are behaving rather badly don't you think?

Personally, I'm a Moderate, Independent who leans Right on some things and Left on some social issues as do many if not most people these days. I think many of us who are not partisan fanatics are very concerned by ANTIFA and the KKK types and view them as equal threats.

Double standard? Yeah in some cases you might be right, but to imply everyone who is concerned about free speech being taken away during this madness and it is madness, is very wrong.

The true instigators in all of this are our elected leaders who have been pushing hate for votes for the last decade. This is happening as a direct result of their venom and partisan garbage. I don't trust them and I have no doubt either side could use this eventually to try and silence speech or censor the Internet. I think it's fair to be concerned about that.

I'm in total agreement with you. Articulated far better than I could but my feeling exactly. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Antifa are scum. I hope they come to my town, I need new sparring partners.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Most examples people throw around to show how "crazy" liberals are, are the product of online trolls like this. Selective editing, lack of context, and outright lies are just a few of the tactics they use. It was worse before the election than it is now, but it's still bad.

Thing is, this type of propaganda sticks because of a persons pride. No one wants to admit they were misled or lied to. People like to think they came up with the ideas they have on their own, so they take it personal when you raise the idea that maybe they didn't, which further leads them to close themselves off even more.

It's really insidious how it works, when you get into the mechanics of this style of propaganda.

You have a valid point in how people hate to be proven wrong and will go to great lengths to avoid believing evidence to the contrary. It;s not exclusive to either side either. That is a core issue when you think about it; if one side cannot convince the other this mess will only continue to grow. Our egos are out of control when truth is rejected in favor of prior beliefs, how did we get to the point where evidence, facts, arguments and debate became meaningless? Maybe that is the biggest problem of all lurking inside this giant turd ball of public animosity.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: PlasticWizard

It's not okay to initiate violence for any reason, least of all political control.

However, when so called right-wing terrorists decide to invade a town to intimidate, assault and murder the residents, opposing those cretins with violence was welcomed, at least by the residents of Charlottesville.

Did they really go to Charlottesville too do all that? The violence was the result of the powder keg the police and "protester" / antifa caused. The first night was pretty calm. The city welcomed the rally by approving their permit.

I don't recall the event organizers saying any of that stuff about violence.

Funny thing is, you said the residents welcomed the violence.. I highly doubt the residents wanted that lady to die.

Back on topic, by antifas logic, it's OK to hit women if they are nazis or WS. Got it.
edit on 24-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Just stop already.

That red herring is an epic FAIL.

Terrorists=NAZIS NOW?

What's next ?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Right, left, select, start, A, B, A, B.

The puppet masters have really notched the division and anxiety up to level 10.

It's kinda getting old watching people learn politics and lose good friends.

You gotta kick back and enjoy the ride.

Decompress dudes

Added...Please bring back samsquanch and xfiles
edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Do you equate violence with free speech? Vandalism with free speech? Showing up at protest with things like bottles and bricks to throw with free speech? Wearing masks to hide their identity free speech? The Constitution actually uses the word "peaceful" for a reason.

Personally I think both both groups, ANTIFA and White Nationalists (KKK, Skinheads and the like) are disgusting people. Question is why do people keep trying to lump all members of the Right or Left in with them. Both sides are behaving rather badly don't you think?

Personally, I'm a Moderate, Independent who leans Right on some things and Left on some social issues as do many if not most people these days. I think many of us who are not partisan fanatics are very concerned by ANTIFA and the KKK types and view them as equal threats.

Double standard? Yeah in some cases you might be right, but to imply everyone who is concerned about free speech being taken away during this madness and it is madness, is very wrong.

The true instigators in all of this are our elected leaders who have been pushing hate for votes for the last decade. This is happening as a direct result of their venom and partisan garbage. I don't trust them and I have no doubt either side could use this eventually to try and silence speech or censor the Internet. I think it's fair to be concerned about that.

Have I ever stated that I equate violence or vandalism with free speech? No? Then answer your own rhetorical question.

Nope. Throwing rocks and bottles is not free speech. I'm surprised I have to explain this.

Wearing masks is illegal in public in many areas. So, no, that's not free speech either. (Yet, I bet a lot of those folks at the UTR rally who are being identified as Nazis and weeping on Youtube wish they had covered their faces, amirite?)

I think violence and the promise of violence is what we need to focus on. We know, both by their words and actions now and in the past that Nazis, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, are willing to do violence ... and that's not throwing bottles of pee, that's RAMMING CARS INTO CROWDS OF PEOPLE.

It's false equivalency at the highest level to say "both sides are the same" when they patently, realistically, historically, ideologically and actually ARE NOT.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Just stop already.

That red herring is an epic FAIL.

Terrorists=NAZIS NOW?

What's next ?

So you won't answer. You won't stand up for what you have stated here for years, that you stand against terrorists.

But now, you want to talk about their First Amendment rights.

You are surprised that Nazis are terrorists????

Wow.

I guess that says it all right there.

Thanks for your honesty.

link   
Looks like antifa scum are not getting paid, so somebody is choking off the money from Soro's (I wonder who?) .... as soon as the money dries up so will the antifa scum.

link   

Russia!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

The statements of the UTR organizers and planners say otherwise.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Let's be open and honest here, the #1 concern after the violence and destruction issue swirling around ANTIFAP is that their definition of "fascism" isn't something many Americans agree with in any way. True fascism is bad and is absolutely something Americans should be opposed to... and we've collectively done a wonderful job of it, in my opinion, because fascism is NOT currently present in America's leadership in great doses. Arguably, censorship is present in the form of "if you say XYZ, we'll destroy you" among the so-called "anti-fascists" and they are attempting to forcibly introduce those censorships into the official system, including demands for legal penalties against people who say things they disagree with... in other words, the more vocal self proclaimed "anti-fascists" in this country, including ANTIFAP, are the fascists we collectively need to cleanse our nation of.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Like I said before we now know what the neo stands for it has been obvious for years tbh.
edit on 24-8-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Looks like antifa scum are not getting paid, so somebody is choking off the money from Soro's (I wonder who?) .... as soon as the money dries up so will the antifa scum.

Do you feel relieved now that you've pulled that out of your rear?

Must be.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So you won't answer.

Didn't you just do the same exact thing to Blaine?

Lol, give it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join