It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ohhh nooo, What ever will antifa do?

I know, probably do something violent.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No doubt as to the lack of intelligence among some at the TP rallies, either. Don't think I'd ever disagree with that...
. The first TP protests/gatherings were a real cross section of American politics, but now (is the TP even a thing, anymore?) it's been so corrupted that it's virtually unrecognizable.

Oh, the violent thugs were there, I saw 'em, live and in person. Didn't interact with 'em, at all. Spray painting their stupid anarchy tags, breaking windows of coffee shops, and other small business'es, and taking swipes at assorted folks who got in their way.

When they made their appearance is when the Seattle cops decided the fun and games were over. If these, for lack of a better name, anti-FA groups--since there seems to be multiple groups under the same aegis--are anything like those, and many seem to be, they need to be slapped down, and slapped down hard.

...and, yes, I'll say the same thing about their opponents, too. The fringes on both left and right need a dose of reality check--court time and jail time, with fines on top of that. Their way is not conducive to finding solutions.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes speaking to "the left" is as absurd as any other generalization
Kind of like "right wing" fundamentalism is ...got it .

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
At least between these unite-the-white rallies and the accompanying counter-protesters, we can be reasonably assured that nobody's missing work.

But there are a lot of mothers that finally have time to clean that pigsty basement

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Exactly. So now if you recognize that ... why would you keep doing it?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I used to be worse than them. Its a way of life to many. To them its just a freaking hobby.

You can have an opinion of people, but calling them a NAZI is more than that.

Its a complicated issue. Dont be a fool.

As far removed from it as I am, I still am what I was.

edit on 8 25 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: eNumbra

I used to be worse than them. Its a way of life to many. To them its just a freaking hobby.

You can have an opinion of people, but calling them a NAZI is more than that.

Its a complicated issue. Dont be a fool.

As far removed from it as I am, I still am what I was.

The post was tongue-in-cheek; due to the rampant nature of violence against speech is wrong posts when it's actual neonazis being punched in the face.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

We have a long standing tradition of de-escalation tactics during protests

Yes, I´ve seen that when you (as in antifa) set cars on fire FOR NOTHING 12 years ago in my town.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Never heard about any smear campaign against Antifa.

Unless your talking about the ones Antifa provides on video, every time they show up somewhere.

The do a good enough job proving they are complete morons.

Have you ever actually spoken to a member of Antifa?

Or are you basing your judgement on what the right-wing bloggers and brietbart say about them?

I suggest finding some and talking to them. THey are interesting people, and not at all what the media paints them as.

Have you ever spoken to a NeoNazi or KKK member?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ItsNotIronic

I have no issue with opposition to Antifa. Have not said that anywhere at any time. In the specific case of Charlottesville the folks who were presenting as "ANTIFA" helped and protected the residents of the town.. This is on the record testimony.

What I am calling Nazi sympathy are those who bend over backwards to excuse the actions of the UTR Nazis and White Supremacists and those who equate the two groups. Critique "Antifa" all you like .. you'll either be telling the truth or lying ...but don't claim that all the Nazis wanted was a chance to exercise free speech and don't pretend that the folks who stood up to them are just the same.

Pre-emptive self protection then? They just knew there would be violence and even more people would have died if Antifa hadn't stepped in?

I think there was enough police there to control the situation and no one would have died if the riot was prevented.

I see plenty of trouble makers walking around, and I know for a fact some of them have committed crimes. Am I justified to protect the community by attacking them since the police don't have evidence to arrest them? I mean, if the community says it's okay right?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What you think is irrelevant unless you are a Charlottesville resident. They are on the record; they were determined to stand up against the UTR Nazis ... but they knew they would be outnumbered. Yes, they feared violence, and it is blatantly obvious that they were correct to do so.

UTR wanted this event to be their putsch ... their "coming out party" ... a time for them to unify and take the helm of what they see as the American Right Wing under their hero Donald Trump.

However, they failed in this as they have vastly underestimated the American will to stand up to their terrorism.

Your generic arguments about what you see are just MORE false equivalence. If these people have threatened you and marched into your yard at midnight with torches and swastikas?

Yeah, you have a right to defend yourself.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'm about as far from right wing as you can get. Show me where I was a hypocrite.

I genuinely believe you have a reading comprehension problem...clearly along with a whole lot more. But let's just stick to your inability to understand what you are reading for the time being.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

What I said to you was clear. I'm not interested in this trivial tit-for-tat.

I can't make it any simpler: American Conservatives for the last eight years at one point or another did EVERY SINGLE THING you're trying to hang on "ANTIFA" ... that's the point, the beginning and end of what I said.

I'm sure, since you are "not" right-wing, that you're on record crying about that for the last eight years too, right?

Actually, who cares.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

UTR wanted this event to be their putsch ... their "coming out party" ... a time for them to unify and take the helm of what they see as the American Right Wing under their hero Donald Trump.

Holy crap, I've sat through page after page of your hysterical rantings but this here takes the cake. You can't possibly believe the bs you write. "Take the helm of the right wing"? Newsflash: the right wing can't stand these pricks either. NOBODY WANTS THEM. They have ZERO support from anyone except their own fringe bedfellows. Everyone knows this. If you really think the right wing is just waiting for them to "come out" so to welcome them with open arms, you are deluded AF.
If the stupid BS "resistance" would have stayed home nothing would have happened and no one outside of Charlottesvile would have known about these a-holes marching around like idiots. But the MSM and the Dems wanted conflict to push their imaginary "The Nazis are Taking Over!" narrative. They urgently need to point their finger at something since their "The Russians are Taking Over!" narrative went up in smoke. It's so desperate and transparent. I can't wait to see who will be taking over next. The left (avoiding saying "you", because you love to point out that you take no side lol) are running out of bogeymen.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

We've had right-wingers on ATS crying for days about the UTR terrorist's "freedom of speech" rights and defending their terrorist acts ... where have you been?

The rest of your spew is just garden-variety media BS ... from your preferred outlets of course.

You sound triggered. Do you need a right-wing safe space?

edit on 25-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Like I said in the Valerie Plame thread, I just come here for my daily dose of comedy. Your "spew" always delivers!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Like I said in the Valerie Plame thread, I just come here for my daily dose of comedy. Your "spew" always delivers!

Always glad to hear from a fan!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The most interesting thing about ANTIFA is that, until Trump and his cult basically made the ideas of a bunch of genocidal, violent maniacs mainstream and more acceptable, I had never even heard of these clowns. And I'm not exactly living under a rock, either. I live in the Seattle Metropolitan area, a place traditionally a hotbed of far left groups and protests. So while ANTIFA itself has been around, they were no different than any of the other small bands of rag tag anarchists and #-stirrers who show up on May Day every year, breaking a few windows, and getting hauled off to Sand Point or some place else for detaining and prosecution. They were just another loose, disorganized group amongst others, with no common purpose or any real, agreed upon goal.

Now during this time, it is interesting to note that their sworn enemies, that Nazis/Fascists/Racists, during the past, were also mostly rag tag bands of losers. Mostly white guys with major prison records for violent felonies, covered in tattoos and swastikas, living in a trailer somewhere jerking off to his signed copy of Mein Kampf. Basically, another marginalized dirtbag who is likely to end up back in jail.

Flash-forward to now. The guys I saw with their tiki torches screaming Jews out and calling for race war weren't a bunch of marginalized, criminal skinhead deadbeats. In those white supremecist crowds, we saw guys who looked like your average joe, had no criminal records, and held regular jobs in their communities. If you showed me a picture of these guys at Charlottesville with their torches, and I didn't know what was going on, I would have said that picture looked like a bunch of normal white guys on their way to a college reunion party at the beach. Frat boys. These guys at that march could have been your banker, your grocer, your kid's little league coach, ect. Thus, what was once a belief limited to a few social outcasts has now infected and corrupted mainstream, normal people, who are now joining their degenerate cause. White supremacy is becoming as much a social norm as say, people going organic or gluten free.

And it is around this time is when suddenly, Antifa went from being some fringe group of nobodies that most of us never even heard of, to a household name. The two are not unrelated by any means.

Think of Antifa and other violent protest groups like flies and cockroaches. Flies and cockroaches subsist primarily on a diet of feces and excrement, waste, putrefied and rotting corpses of plant and animal alike. Which is how I see Nazis and other white supremacist groups. I see them as rotting, stinking piles of ideological feces and rotting corpses of human decency that attract flies and spread social disease. You can spray your house with all the insecticides you want, use all the roach traps you want, call in the exterminators. But until you remove the turds and piles of rotting garbage that are attracting and feeding the flies in the first place, your fly and roach problem will continue to grow and expand.

So if you want the Antifa flies and roaches out of your house, clean up the # that makes them want to come there in the first place. The Nazi #.

Clean that up, and suddenly, the swarms of antifa go back to being the occasional annoying fly or roach that someone let in, one that is easily crushed with a stroke of a fly swatter. In otherwords, drive these white supremecists out, antifa goes with them.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

It's laughable you would even attempt to defend ANTIFA. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. It helps the butt hurt.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You clearly are incapable of fashioning an argument as you know you do not have one. You really do lack in reading comprehension. Maybe you are one that simply has to have the last word. I will allow that.

I will allow you to respond to this post and I won't respond.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join