It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

That difference really depends on who is defining "equality," doesn't it? What's being pushed as "equality" today is far, far from it. We could have equality... a country where everyone can succeed or fail, entirely dependent upon the level of effort they put in.. but the introduction of artificial "special protections" and artificial penalties inflicted on anyone not bearing one of the special marks is, in all reality, a huge monument to the fact that these group are seeking anything but equality. Calling it "equality" is Orwellian, in fact. No different than calling slavery freedom or war peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Anti-fascism. I think we can all agree with that. Right?

We really need anti-fascism out of the blue? KKK/Nazis etc were a joke until this group put illegitimacy to them recently with counter protests...

Still just a angle to push anarchists views

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This is a reasonable progression that starts in non-violence.

And it starts before picking up phones or writing letters. In education, science and entertainment.

But years of austerity have pretty much drained public budgets to fight everything noteworthy (including fascism) on a civilian level beyond law enforcement, and now we have this uptic of big corp consorship and fact checks for fake news. As if people wouldn't have blazed throught all that like a hot knife through butter already, in case they've piped up.
Leaders is what we're ought to buy, kinda sad to see them always coming up with the usual crap of bullsh!t "solutions" in order to control the narrative. Quite the worrisome trend of a condescending Nanny State on a corporate level.

You're criticising the War on Terror too much, all the time? Well. I see hate for war and issues of national security coming up, time for more censorship! That's probably in the making as we speak, which is why this whole hate speech thing is heading in the wrong direction, quite possibly to sell us more of those wrong "solutions".

And then this faux outrage with Antifa. Oh boy... comfortly numb taking censorship on facebook and youtube, having google algos messing up their search results and ads providing a personalised experience of ... capitalism.

*Crickets*

edit on 24-8-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

when you try to derail threads?

...said the idiot coming up with his "rigging the election" angle to "somehow" bring the point across, that the baddies were attacked. I'm sure you found a decent sauce to swallow that garbage, have something to visualise my attitude on that:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Gryphon66

And it starts before picking up phones or writing letters. In education, science and entertainment.

*Crickets*

Indeed. I don't disagree with anything you said. However, you will note that many of the proponents of "Nazis and White Supremacists are just exercising their free speech" apologies are also dead set against education and science.

The system they inhabit persists on blind belief. The idea of rational observation and real understanding are anathema.

Great post;

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Is the far left smear campaign against evil whitey finally over ?

Or it's a intermission to bring us a message from our corporate sponsors?
edit on 24-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Is the far left smear campaign against evil whitey finally over ?

Or it's a intermission to bring us a message from our corporate sponsors?

They'll be back after .........

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hey! You just missed a lot to actually agree upon... in case you're not the bringer of said message from our corporate sponsors. I'm always up for new patrons though. What's "your" message?

*More crickets*

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What's "your" message?

Who is John Galt?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There's a lot of vile groups out there. They all have a right to assemble and the local government should protect that right.

We have police and FBI to investigate these people and take them down for any transgression of the law.

This vigilante B.S. is entirely unnecessary, and has never been acceptable.

Feel free to bring a camera to KKK rallies, don't bring a weapon.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Hefficide

That difference really depends on who is defining "equality," doesn't it? What's being pushed as "equality" today is far, far from it. We could have equality... a country where everyone can succeed or fail, entirely dependent upon the level of effort they put in.. but the introduction of artificial "special protections" and artificial penalties inflicted on anyone not bearing one of the special marks is, in all reality, a huge monument to the fact that these group are seeking anything but equality. Calling it "equality" is Orwellian, in fact. No different than calling slavery freedom or war peace.

Equality such as you describe might be possible, if everyone came into the world on equal footing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What's "your" message?

Who is John Galt?

I wouldn't take anything seriously from an author that espoused the evils of wealth redistribution, and yet collected social security in their old age.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

... like many of our friends here ....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

... like many of our friends here ....

The comissar has spoken!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Life is not fair, nobody is equal. I think the point burd was making is that no matter where or what you come from, there is no excuse. If there's a will, there's a way and you can only blame yourself for failure.

I'm living proof of that.

edit on 24-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ItsNotIronic

I don't think people know what ANTIFA is. Its not a singular group. Its not a singular cause. Its not Pro Trump or ANTI Trump.

It is really only against a minority that advocate for fascism or any divisions in society based on class or race, excessive interference in people's lives, and outright violence to accomplish these ends.

In that, there are those who take over anything and pervert it. Those that twist an ideology that is spartan already and filled with rage and just use it as muscle against political opposition.

I once saw a guy I was hanging out with pull out one of those mini bats and crack a total stranger's head open. They were sitting next to each other and something was said that was mildly offensive about Asians. Like "they are good at math" or something like that. Really nothing more than that and not directed to us. Certainly not racist in nature.

The victim was an average guy, not part of any scene, not out to hurt or kill anyone. The dick with a bat was a member of an ANTIFA affiliated group.

That's not what ANTIFA is supposed to be about. Real ANTIFA wouldn't waste its time with average people who think differently. They are only supposed to go after declared racial /fascist militants and nazi skinheads.

Its about bringing people together who are otherwise different and by your combined strength offering resistance to oppression if needed.

A working class Trump supporter IS EXACTLY who ANTIFA should represent. They don't know their own roots. They don't know because they were sold to the culture as muscle. An army usurping the role just like the national front did in the past.

Anyone who picks up a weapon and hurts another person just because they don't agree with them is not ANTIFA. Anyone who picks up a weapon at all ISN'T ANTIFA. You are supposed to use your fists and your boots. Your body and boom boots. That's it. That's the risk, that's the strength. You only get weapons if the other guys did and then its not sticks. You get WEAPONS.

Trump supporters should be GUARDED by ANTIFA. These are the working class people getting beaten and spat upon. What do "ANTIFA" groups do? Beat them up along with the bussed in NAZIS. Then they get on their own busses and leave.

They aren't ANTIFA. They are a new generation of national front type goons that usurped yet more of the working class warrior ethos and twisted it into a repressive arm of private militant authority. They are not officially sanctioned to beat and intimidate people into submission for a political agenda, though that's exactly what they do at the request of agenda driven individuals in service to politicians.

Its all BS.

edit on 8 24 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, even far-right folks don't like being called fascists...so I guess they're technical antifa themselves?

I find it telling that before the 2016 election cycle if you searched on ATS for "antifa" you wouldn't find anything. Strange, since apparently this super-duper dangerous terrorist network has been around for over 30+ years worldwide...

That possibly can't be because the far-right needs a bogyman to distract people from their own violent people? Didn't we just see a thread here on ATS about how the neo-nazi's planned in chatroom's for violence?

I don't think you can equate people self-professing to be nazi's in the same league as a handful of anarchists that are going to do what they've always done -- run around and destroy stuff and start fights.

You know, it's funny. These same banana-wearing anarchists have been around in America for a long, long time ... but it wasn't until the rise of white nationalism with neo-nazi's and the KKK has this name "antifa" has been waved around.

They were called anti-globalists at the Seattle WTO riots. Wait...I thought a bunch of you far-right folks are anti-globalists?

These same people showed up at OWS events and started trouble, but no one ever heard the name "antifa" back then, did they? No ... they just blamed the entire OWS movement as stupid violent hippies (which is kind of an oxymoron in and of itself).

And outside of the people freaking out about them -- they don't seem to have much concrete presence. There's certainly not as many as say -- belong to the KKK and various neo-nazi groups.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Life is not fair, nobody is equal. I think the point burd was making is that no matter where or what you come from, there is no excuse for failure. If there's a will, there's a way and you can only blame yourself for failure.

I'm living proof of that.

It's basically alluding to "Social Darwinism" ...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The amount of times you have admitted being a nazi facist apologist in this thread lol.
True colours....

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Greven
One of them ran down people with a car.

One of them did, yes. And no, I don't denounce the Alt-Right.

Oh okay, so you're comfortable in your echo chamber, then.

Just like you accused the other member. Perhaps you simply do not understand what's going on or the terminology being used... Alt-Right is synonymous with White Nationalist.

The worst domestic terrorist in American history was one White Nationalist named Timothy McVeigh.

As a lifelong OKC-area resident, Alt-Right equates to terrorist.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join