It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There is a new book out (August 22, 2017) called Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook by historian Mark Bray.

Here's a review from The New Yorker.

I wanted to share a bit from the review, as it seems to speak directly to our discussion here:

According to Bray, though, antifa activists believe that Fascists forfeit their rights to speak and assemble when they deny those same rights to others through violence and intimidation. For instance, last week, the North Dakota newspaper The Forum published a letter from Pearce Tefft in which he recalled a chilling exchange about free speech with his son, Peter, shortly before Peter headed to the rally in Charlottesville. “The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech,” the younger Tefft reportedly said to his father. “You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.”

Emphasis mine.

Interestingly, the SCOTUS decision in Virginia v. Black tends to agree with "ANTIFA" here.

Antifa member "Murray" made this statement to the author:

You fight them by writing letters and making phone calls so you don’t have to fight them with fists.

You fight them with fists so you don’t have to fight them with knives.

You fight them with knives so you don’t have to fight them with guns.

You fight them with guns so you don’t have to fight them with tanks.

This is a reasonable progression that starts in non-violence.

The article continues:

There is a moral logic to this notion of anticipatory self-defense, but the progression, from writing letters to fighting with guns, is worrisome nonetheless. Right-wing militiamen in Charlottesville made a point of displaying force, and this was reportedly “unnerving to law enforcement officials on the scene.” Should anti-Fascists start toting AR-15s, like the right-wing Oathkeepers? The idea can seem naïve in an American context, where, practically speaking, only white people can carry guns openly without fear of police interference.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I hear you. Anything taken to extremes is dangerous. "The dose makes the poison", etc.

I guess I think of it as an extreme version of one of my basic philosophies in the past ... "I am intolerant of intolerance; I am bigoted against bigots."

I guess it's fair to say that some ANTIFA would add "We will be violent against those who use violence."

Slippery Slope?

Sure.

The history of these groups in Europe, however, suggest that after the threat has been diminished, they tend to go away.

If your reason to be is to OPPOSE something, and that something goes away ... it makes sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

You and the others believed a troll campaign could be real? Holy # all hope is truly lost. I guess using braincells is now also forbidden. Pol is not even Alt-Right. They make fun of them all the time. They pretend to be going full 14/88 as well. This is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Fascists forfeit their rights to speak and assemble when they deny those same rights to others through violence and intimidation.

Our rights DO NOT come from each other.

You have no right to deny,disparage,INFRINGE the rights of other people.

You are literally justifying FASCIST behavior.

Authoritarian control over someone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So does EVERY antifa and BLM website.

Examples?

You just said EVERY website ... give us the list.

Give us even one example of each that argues for racial purity.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Interesting observations on a Far-right botnet.
imgur.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You have no right to deny,disparage,INFRINGE the rights of other people.

ANTIFA agrees with you. They want to stop those, like the Nazis and KKK who desire to deny, disparage, infringe on the rights of others.

BINGO ... you got it!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To sum up from the book I referenced:

Bray, for his part, believes that one can practice “everyday anti-fascism” by confronting bigots in nonviolent ways, “from calling them out, to boycotting their business, to shaming them for their oppressive beliefs, to ending a friendship unless someone shapes up.” The point, as he sees it, is to shut down Fascists not just in the street but in every interaction. “An anti-fascist outlook has no tolerance for ‘intolerance.’ ” he writes. “It will not ‘agree to disagree.’ ”

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Communists do not agree with me.

I believe in individual rights.

I believe in inalienable RIGHTS.

I believe in Capitalism.

I believe in personal and NATIONAL soverignty.

Not the snip straight out the communist manifesto and ALTER globalism.

Had to look What alt globalism was.

What an EFFING joke.

Alter-globalization (also known as alternative globalization, alter-mundialization—from the French "alter-mondialisation"—or the global justice movement) is the name of a social movement whose proponents support global cooperation and interaction, but oppose what they describe as the negative effects of economic globalization, considering that it often works to the detriment of, or does not adequately promote, human values such as environmental and climate protection, economic justice, labor protection, protection of indigenous cultures, peace, and civil liberties.

en.wikipedia.org...

Antifa is a left to far-left[2][3] political movement of autonomous, self-styled anti-fascist groups, including in the United States.[4][5][6] The distinctive feature of self-described antifa groups is to oppose Fascism in direct action, including willingness to use violence.[3] Activists in antifa groups tend to be anti-government and anti-capitalist, and often anarchist.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

From your own definition of Fascism the use violence IS FASCISM.

edit on 24-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Bray, for his part, believes that one can practice “everyday anti-fascism” by confronting bigots in nonviolent ways, “from calling them out, to boycotting their business, to shaming them for their oppressive beliefs, to ending a friendship unless someone shapes up.” The point, as he sees it, is to shut down Fascists not just in the street but in every interaction. “An anti-fascist outlook has no tolerance for ‘intolerance.’ ” he writes. “It will not ‘agree to disagree.’ ”

That describes you to a FREAKIN T!!!!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
Friedrich Nietzsche
edit on 24-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Alter-globalization (also known as alternative globalization, alter-mundialization—from the French "alter-mondialisation"—or the global justice movement) is the name of a social movement whose proponents support global cooperation and interaction, but oppose what they describe as the negative effects of economic globalization, considering that it often works to the detriment of, or does not adequately promote, human values such as environmental and climate protection, economic justice, labor protection, protection of indigenous cultures, peace, and civil liberties.

That right there was a knee slapper.

Considering antifa thinks they are christopher columbus and white nationalists are the indians.

We all know how THAT turned out.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I actually answered that if you don't take it out of context by excluding a line in that paragraph.

This nonsense of trying to label all Republicans as fascists or Nazi's is just another chorus of hate speech by yet another group of bigots. Those who are trying to equate all Democrats with ANTIFA are also wrong and hateful.

Just assume I mean all radical groups if you wish. I have nothing against peaceful groups protesting for anything or any cause. I have nothing against Democrats or Republicans since nearly all of them are rational people who disagree in part on some issues. I am militantly against the idea of either side having single party control.

BLM has good and bad. It's a shame they let the radicals have the floor and the microphone. They need to separate themselves from that fully if they want to accomplish meaningful things.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'd liken them to the Weathermen of my time

Yeah. And then bombs went off in your head.

Newsflash: they aint the RAF either.

*shakeshead*

You don't seem to be familiar with their history and how they started by injecting themselves into the Peace Movement, with the goal being to turn it into and anarchists movement. Anarchists are never what they pretend to be. I personally walked away from protesting for peace when they started getting involved. It took them some time to form and they used peace loving people dishonestly and ruined the message. ANTIFA is heading that way.

Peace, Love, Dove Y'all.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Friedrich Nietzsche

You managed to screw up the quote ... here it is:

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. Always good to hear from a fan.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And what's wrong with a good ol' smear campaign?

Are they running for office or something?

How bad can you smear a violent hate group anyway?

The truth is the ultimate smear.

We need more truth schmear in this world.

edit on 8 24 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks. Always good to hear from a fan.

Yep!

Another one of your childish responses. Like so many others in this thread.

I know you won't do it, but challenge yourself and go and read our governments Continuity of Government Plans. You idiots who are on the extreme left and right are pushing for something due to your narcissism which you are too clueless to even under stand the consequences. Sure this tit for tat political bullsnip is all a game until someone get hurt, killed OR UNTIL IT BRINGS YOU COUNTRY TO IT'S KNEES.

Here is the link for you wise guy! Read up on what is already on the books for US if we don't get our snip together!

COG

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You believe in individual rights ... except for those you disagree with.

You believe in inalienable rights ... until those rights are contrary to your own beliefs.

You believe in Capitalism ... until someone uses market forces against someone you agree with.

You believe in personal and national sovereignty ... until the individual's rights interfere with your nationalist narrative.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Friedrich Nietzsche

Yep!

I know you won't do it, but challenge yourself and go and read our governments Continuity of Government Plans. You idiots who are on the extreme left and right are pushing for something due to your narcissism which you are too clueless to even under stand the consequences. Sure this tit for tat political bullsnip is all a game until someone get hurt, killed OR UNTIL IT BRINGS YOU COUNTRY TO IT'S KNEES.

Here is the link for you wise guy! Read up on what is already on the books for US if we don't get our snip together!

COG

And now you want to talk about me. As usual. Yet, you don't want to actually deal with me on terms of who I actually am, but only as some caricature of your own projections and prejudices that serves your narrative.

You're a very poor armchair psychiatrist; stick to your day job.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Friedrich Nietzsche

Yep!

COG

And now you want to talk about me. As usual. Yet, you don't want to actually deal with me on terms of who I actually am, but only as some caricature of your own projections and prejudices that serves your narrative.

You're a very poor armchair psychiatrist; stick to your day job.

I knew you wouldn't read it.

People who play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Burn that into your thick skull!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You believe in individual rights ... except for those you disagree with.

Says the nazi haters. They have no rights according to some.

You believe in inalienable rights ... until those rights are contrary to your own beliefs.

Says the nazi haters. They have no rights according to some.

You believe in Capitalism ... until someone uses market forces against someone you agree with.

Come again?

That doesn't even make sense.

You believe in personal and national sovereignty ... until the individual's rights interfere with your nationalist narrative.

Clearly the all the Brad pits dont believe in anyones rights but their own to push that COMMUNIST narrative.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join