It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
There was a RECENT thread about "Antifa Twitter accounts" that many here suspected of being fake. It turns out??? That is probably true.

The online campaign is using fake Antifa (an umbrella term for anti-fascist protestors) Twitter accounts to claim anti-fascists promote physically abusing women who support US President Donald Trump or white supremacy.

Researcher Eliot Higgins of website Bellingcat found evidence that the campaign is being orchestrated on internet messageboard 4Chan by far-right sympathisers.

FAKE pictures and memes are being intentionally created and spread as part of a DISINFO campaign...

Eliot Higgins, who traced evidence of chemical weapons use in Syria, found evidence the anti-Antifa campaign was organised on 4Chan, which has a reputation for acting as a meeting place for alt-right groups, and runs a "politically incorrect" board with extreme racist and homophobic comments.

Mr Higgins posted a screenshot of a call to action on the message board, which encouraged far-right sympathisers to search online for images of domestic violence, add their own slogan such as "She deserves it for being a Nazi," then post them on social media using pre-determined hashtags.

Source

Don't believe EVERYTHING you see on social media, just because it supports what you want to believe...

That's right, I've seen the pictures, and the very auto-responses, so it is correct as far those twitter accounts go.
What we do need to hear more about is the investigation that CNN was/is doing into some of the ANTIFA groups.
What's needed on those protest rallies is a ban on masks for anyone taking part, and the organisers making sure of that...they did chase some people at one of the last protests.
Anybody wearing a mask should be considered as a para-military.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Antifa, like BLM and Alt-right, is nothing more than a hashtag, a makeshift banner, that social media addicts can pretend to fight beneath. Their causes are as specious as their social lives.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Many US municipalities have laws against wearing masks in public except during holidays and festivals, such as Halloween.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There was a RECENT thread about "Antifa Twitter accounts" that many here suspected of being fake. It turns out??? That is probably true.

Probably ?

Which means not definitely.

NEXT !

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The density...

Obviously I'm referring to the monumental amount of butthurt and manufactured angst over Trump not falling all over himself enough to appease the poor little nothings that said he didn't denounce the alleged "Alt-Right" harshly enough. The only standard I hold anyone on ATS to is the very basic and simple site T&C policy... I've found anything beyond that usually leads to disappointment. I honestly could care less how many people decide to placate and kiss ANTIFAP's ass... it speaks far more about the sycophant than it does about the real nature of the group they're so enamored with. It also serves to further repulse moderate middle America away from their cause, as very few of those folks want anything to do with ideologies that defend those whiny, violent, childish ruiners of family photos.

link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Noooeeees! But... but... but ALL Antifa people love to use Fakebook, Google, Twitter Big Corp asshats cuz ... we love crony capitalism sooooo much, didn't you know? Wait. We don't? Oh...

Is that Captain Obvious screaming "No sh!t, Sherlock!"?

Anyway. Maybe our member-painting Moronicans will learn a thing or two from this...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just a few articles for thought:

The right falling for its own fake Antifa accounts
gizmodo.com...

The Public Face of Antifa
Daryle Jenkins has stepped up to explain the shadowy group’s violent tactics to a wary world. It’s not easy.
slate.com... tw_ru

It's obvious the Alt-right and the actual Left are in an information war

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

FAKE pictures and memes

Do people not understand that memes are ALL fake?

Lol some people..

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Anything to avoid completely denouncing a domestic terrorist group that confirms your biases and adds to your echo chamber, ya?

Why do you say that, I'm sure you know damn rightly. One of the pictures was taken years ago, and it is of an English actress, who posed for a, 'battered woman' publicity picture.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: amazing

I think the bigger problem is that the left seems to be stuck in "must...protest...everything...gasp" mode. Seriously, is there anything on God's green Earth that doesn't have at least one liberal group whining and gnashing teeth over it?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Anything to avoid completely denouncing a domestic terrorist group that confirms your biases and adds to your echo chamber, ya?

Why do you say that.

Uh? Because it's true? Why else would I have said it?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

FAKE pictures and memes

Do people not understand that memes are ALL fake?

Lol some people..

Do people not under stand that people and politics is fake?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I think the bigger problem is that the left seems to be stuck in "must...protest...everything...gasp" mode. Seriously, is there anything on God's green Earth that doesn't have at least one liberal group whining and gnashing teeth over it?

You have a point and there are way too many protests, but some are valid, such as protesting against NAZIs.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You're not trying to justify ANTIFA's actions are you?

Oh, that's a good one.

What the hell, I'll bite, I ain't afraid of being labeled anything else by right-wingers.

I was going to say the hypocrisy in this thread is particularly thick but I don't know that one can rightly be called a hypocrite if they're ignorant.

Inciting violence? Here's one of the many differences between Antifa and the people they are fighting with in the streets — you don't see a big movement, let alone a cottage industry, to support Antifa and monetize political violence. There's no meme warriors from /pol/ and /The_Donald/ lionizing Antifa. There are dozens of popular YouTube channels for streamers and agitators who embed with Antifa and try to make heroes out of them.

When was the last time you saw "Bike Lock Guy" on the flyer for a rally? But you sure af see "Based Stickman" who regularly incites violence. In fact, if you pay attention, you can see them directly across the line from one another fighting in the same violent conflicts.

One of them is roundly described as a "domestic terrorist" because he hit people on the other side of the conflicts with a bike lock. The other, who was right there fighting too and inciting violence as well, is made a hero for hitting people with a leaded stick.

I can't imagine if the following was "Bike Lock Guy" instead of a right-wing violent ex-con (10 years for multiple robberies) who had his own street fighting division of an national Alt-Light "fraternity" headed by a Canadian alt-media celebrity:

Both sides aren't equal. One side fights alongside neo-Nazis and gets labeled "based Trump patriots" and invited to speak at "free speech rallies" that won't be criticized for what they actually are by blinder-wearing right-wingers.

Here's a wonderful thread on ATS introducing this "hero" :

Stickman vs Antifa Meme-New American Icon is Born
edit on 2017-8-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

to appease the poor little nothings that said he didn't denounce the alleged "Alt-Right" harshly enough

And you're just another moron unable to respectfully disagree with the poor little nothings. Who actually gives a flying fck what you poor little nothings ...ehm... 'think'? Cognitive dissonance is a rough horse to ride and I don't expect anyone to catch that drift anytime soon.
Great canvas for mockery though, thanks for all the inspiration. See ya around, Dick Cheney!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

How dare people protest against far right fascist scum !!!!!!?????

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: smurfy
Many US municipalities have laws against wearing masks in public except during holidays and festivals, such as Halloween.

I know that, it's the same here, yet when it suits, they are still worn. Police are not unequivocal in that regard since they can and do use masks themselves quite often, and as seen in one American case at least, a cop was caught out wearing a mask, and had a rock in his hand, so even police use cannot be trusted.
edit on 24-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

you don't see a big movement, let alone a cottage industry, to support Antifa and monetize political violence.

We don't ?

thewashingtonstandard.com...

www.afa.net...

edit on 24-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm not sure I am comfortable with calling this expanding protest state as "left". I think we are seeing a growing group that started in the Obama's years with groups like 99%ers, anti-cops, BLM etc that seemed all to be just anti-establishment of some kind. Today they have changed their agendas to ones like ANTIFAP with maybe different narratives, but the core is still anarchists against generic_01 establishment.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

And you're just another moron unable to respectfully disagree with the poor little nothings.

Lol, someone got TRIGGERED.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join