It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Brittany Caine-Conley, a minister at Sojourners United Church of Christ in Charlottesville who is part of Solidarity Cville, sent a warning message in advance of the rally. “There is an extremely high potential for physical violence and brutality directed at our community,” she wrote. “We need your help — we don’t have the numbers to stand up to this on our own.”

Organizers of the counterprotest said it was important to turn out even with the threat of violence.

“We cannot ignore them away as their numbers grow and their influence expands,” Matthew Owens of Showing Up for Racial Justice, a local group that is part of Solidarity Cville, said in a statement. “We cannot let their worldview normalize.”

NYT

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

I just wanted to add, their flags, their symbols, their uniforms, their slogans, etc. etc.

I know you like to be complete in your thought.

All that falls under superstition to me.

I don't doubt that even for a second.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is where biases and personal motivations/positions come into play. I don't agree with the stated goals of ANTIFAP or BLM, I don't believe what they call "fascism" is in any way fascism, and I don't believe in institutional racism, nor do I believe reverse racism is in any way appropriate as a response to perceived racism. Therefore, I feel like I can safely say that my thoughts on ANTIFAP and BLM run pretty congruent with my thoughts on the Aryan Nation, the Klan, and the other various (real) White Supremacy groups.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. While I do not think reverse racism is good in any form, I can agree with being Anti-fascism and I can agree that the black folks in this country have been dealt a difficult hand to play.

We would have been better to listen to them and engage them in conversation in it's early stages, but instead we dismissed them and demonized them.

This is the result of that.

Perhaps we should have listened and treated them with respect. Instead we shouted back at them "F-you...white lives matter", and wonder why they get pissed.

The KKK and such are a product of ignorant bigotry and racism. BLM is a product of lack of testicular fortitude to address serious societal issues like adults.
edit on 24-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert

If someone were to yell allah akbar in your presence, you would # yourself.

I've nearly died 3 times already.

So get the eff off it.

I wonder how many people in that crowd in C-Ville feel they nearly died a few times.

No sympathy? How about a bit of understanding?

Does it matter when they are intentionally going in to harms way ?

After all nazis R so bad.

They don't get nothing from me.

Then you get nothing from me.

I'm sure that woman chose to step in front of that car in C-Ville.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Boo hoo sniff sniff.

Pease pease pease can I have a pity party?

with suga on top?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And you berated someone a while ago for being juvenile....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Boo hoo sniff sniff.

with suga on top?

This must be the substantive part.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm sure that woman chose to step in front of that car in C-Ville.

After the last eight years of watching the left manufacture victims.

From Martin to Heyer.

It's suspect as hell.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That was the sarcastic part.

But to the main question.

Weren't you suppose to be done with nazi sympathizers ?

I mean role of the High Sparrow and trying to shame people must be a full time job.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The free communication of ideas and opinions is one of the most precious of the rights of man. Every citizen may, accordingly, speak, write, and print with freedom, but shall be responsible for such abuses of this freedom as shall be defined by law.

Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence

The protections the First Amendment affords speech and expressive conduct are not absolute. This Court has long recognized that the government may regulate certain categories of expression consistent with the Constitution.

For example, the First Amendment permits a State to ban "true threats," which encompass those statements where the speaker means to communicate a serious expression of an intent to commit an act of unlawful violence to a particular individual or group of individuals, see, e. g., ibid. The speaker need not actually intend to carry out the threat.

Rather, a prohibition on true threats protects individuals from the fear of violence and the disruption that fear engenders, as well as from the possibility that the threatened violence will occur.

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, Virginia v. Black

Brittany Caine-Conley, a minister at Sojourners United Church of Christ in Charlottesville who is part of Solidarity Cville, sent a warning message in advance of the rally. “There is an extremely high potential for physical violence and brutality directed at our community,” she wrote. “We need your help — we don’t have the numbers to stand up to this on our own.”
Ibid, New York Times.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Judging by their antics at various protests-rallies-riots I assumed negative publicity was one of their primary goals. The more the better.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That took a lot of nerve.

Quoting Jefferson after literally saying nazis don't have a right to exist.

The free communication of ideas and opinions is one of the most precious of the rights of man.

According to the antis that RIGHT is only reserve to the left.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Boo hoo sniff sniff.

with suga on top?

That's so juvenile. You already have clean panties and gummy bears.

No more suga for you.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Didn't hold a candle to what you said.

Which was straight up RUDENESS.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Wouldn't it have more impact for protesters to simply hold hands, turn their backs on the offensive groups...basically snub them? I mean...violence, hate, and yelling does nothing. Let the offensive groups dwindle in their popularity.

I know when my parents were at their most powerful was when they were silent, snubbing me, and turned away in anger. I immediately reasoned that I may be wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

That's how the folks in Dresden blocked a neo nazi march btw. Literally holding hands.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The protections the First Amendment affords speech and expressive conduct are not absolute. This Court has long recognized that the government may regulate certain categories of expression consistent with the Constitution.

So when did Antifa and Blm get elected to government ?

NEONE ?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ?

What happened to that infamous separation of church and state the left is ALWAYS going on about until they try to have it both ways.
edit on 24-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Didn't hold a candle to what you said.

Which was straight up RUDENESS.

This is where I say something about a goose, ganders and the pot disparaging the color of the kettle.

Funny you are willing to call-out my perceived rudeness, yet you say we should ignore Neo-nazis and the KKK.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

There was a RECENT thread about "Antifa Twitter accounts" that many here suspected of being fake. It turns out??? That is probably true.

Probably ?

Which means not definitely.

NEXT !

More than probably. All the accounts were only opened in the last day or so..ignoring the retweets, (amazingly taken up by seasoned never right,
new right charlatans like Watson) one tagged picture at least, is false that's for sure.
C'mon Neo, often you get the balance right, however this time time the whole setup is so stupid, there are are only a couple of choices left, [a] a false flag, and a false flag....room to play there if you want to though...really.

[Highlites not mine, a vagary of ATS BTW]
edit on 24-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join