It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There was a RECENT thread about "Antifa Twitter accounts" that many here suspected of being fake. It turns out??? That is probably true.

The online campaign is using fake Antifa (an umbrella term for anti-fascist protestors) Twitter accounts to claim anti-fascists promote physically abusing women who support US President Donald Trump or white supremacy.

Researcher Eliot Higgins of website Bellingcat found evidence that the campaign is being orchestrated on internet messageboard 4Chan by far-right sympathisers.

FAKE pictures and memes are being intentionally created and spread as part of a DISINFO campaign...

Eliot Higgins, who traced evidence of chemical weapons use in Syria, found evidence the anti-Antifa campaign was organised on 4Chan, which has a reputation for acting as a meeting place for alt-right groups, and runs a "politically incorrect" board with extreme racist and homophobic comments.

Mr Higgins posted a screenshot of a call to action on the message board, which encouraged far-right sympathisers to search online for images of domestic violence, add their own slogan such as "She deserves it for being a Nazi," then post them on social media using pre-determined hashtags.

Source

Don't believe EVERYTHING you see on social media, just because it supports what you want to believe...
edit on 24-8-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately we passed the red line on folks only reading and believing what they want a while ago.

this will enrage the left.. It will be mocked by the right... and everyone in between will throw their hands in the air and go " Could be- who knows"

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Don't believe EVERYTHING you see on social media

Thanks for the heads up......probably would have helped more before nov 8th, you know russians and all

+88 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Never heard about any smear campaign against Antifa.

Unless your talking about the ones Antifa provides on video, every time they show up somewhere.

The do a good enough job proving they are complete morons.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Don't believe EVERYTHING you see on social media, just because it supports what you want to believe...

Media, period.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Never heard about any smear campaign against Antifa.

Unless your talking about the ones Antifa provides on video, every time they show up somewhere.

The do a good enough job proving they are complete morons.

Have you ever actually spoken to a member of Antifa?

Or are you basing your judgement on what the right-wing bloggers and brietbart say about them?

I suggest finding some and talking to them. THey are interesting people, and not at all what the media paints them as.

+50 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Anything to avoid completely denouncing a domestic terrorist group that confirms your biases and adds to your echo chamber, ya?

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
For me their actions speak for them, and I'd like to shut those leftist racist up!a reply to: Painterz

+47 more 
link   
There doesn't need to be fake accounts and right wing conspiracies to see that Antifa is nothing more than a bunch of violent, angry, cry-bullies.

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The nerve! Who does the op think he/she is? POTUS?

+41 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I think the video's of ANTIFA in action are evidence enough of their intent and what kind of people make up the group.

You are right that Twitter is a bad source for anything, but ANTIFA has earned the criticism it receives. Credible people don't wear masks and incite violence.

You're not trying to justify ANTIFA's actions are you?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That was kinda my point... Your powers of intuition and deductive reasoning once again leave me in awe, Ante.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What a waste of time for a group that didnt need a smear campaign.
They are their own smear campaign.
By the way op Ive never seen the media smear them. They are usually
shown as the victim or defenders.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: theantediluvian

That was kinda my point... Your powers of intuition and deductive reasoning once again leave me in awe, Ante.

What, that Trump supporters hold Internet forum posters to higher standards than the POTUS?

+12 more 
link   
Obviously this was a cleverly planned operation by ANTIFA with advice from a PR firm.

They set it up and then had it miraculously "discovered".

They are not fooling anybody.

Except themselves as usual.

They are getting more and more desperate as their failures pile up.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The Bigger problem, from the Right is that they label everyone.

Anyone protesting trump must be Antifa, Any black person protesting anything, must be BLM. Anyone protesting anyting is a social justice warrior. And anyone with an opinion that is more left leaning must be virtue signaling. Stop labeling everyone. LOL

That's ridiculous.
edit on 24-8-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I did and he was just a tool, nothing else. It was about 12 years ago when they protested against something (whatever, don´t remember) but vandalized the town while doing it. All with masks on their faces. I was part of a group of locals who tried to talk some sense into them. Very few were responsive.

I had a short conversation with him. It came down to a point where I asked him kindly (he described himself as an anarchist, too) if it would bother him when we take his briefcase, check out his adress and take what we want. Turned out he had nothing with him (what a surprise)

Well, next thing I asked if he has family. You could see the wheels spinning through his eyes. He said he has a little son. So I asked him WHY he was then, throwing stones around and lighting up cars and flats when there could be his son sleeping in that flat!!! How he would like it if we come to his hometown and set his stuff and family on fire, because that´s what you´re asking for if you fight for your anarchy!!!

I think that was the moment where he realized that they all behave like pieces of # because I went silent, eyes went down, turned around and disapeared into a sidealley.

That´s what antifa is, a bunch of punky idiots, nothing else!
edit on 24-8-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

link   
Most examples people throw around to show how "crazy" liberals are, are the product of online trolls like this. Selective editing, lack of context, and outright lies are just a few of the tactics they use. It was worse before the election than it is now, but it's still bad.

Thing is, this type of propaganda sticks because of a persons pride. No one wants to admit they were misled or lied to. People like to think they came up with the ideas they have on their own, so they take it personal when you raise the idea that maybe they didn't, which further leads them to close themselves off even more.

It's really insidious how it works, when you get into the mechanics of this style of propaganda.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Imagine being so spooked, you defend "Fake News"
edit on 24-8-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I am under the impression there are false flaggers on both sides. Just because we caught some of them doesn't mean the group they were targeting should get victim-hood.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join