It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WHO is Going to Pay for The Wall?"...YOU are..Or Else Government Shutdown!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ask Germany how well walls work out...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
"Anyone think the US Government should be shut down unless We The People pay for his wall? "

LOL!

How much $hit have we the people already had to pay for, we didn't have any say in?

Wars we didn't want or agree with.

Bailouts to banks.

Money to foreign countries.

At least the wall serves some benefit locally.

Lost cause fallacy in there for sure.

Lolz

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Jefferton
Pointing this out is a waste of time. You won't get even one of his cult followers to admit he lied.

They just don't care. All you will get us 1000 excuses and deflections.

First it is hard to debate a person that starts their post with a Ad hominem.

I'll try... How do we say whether he lied or not when we haven't let this completely play out to the end? At that point we can determine whether or not he was telling the truth, whether or not he tried and just failed, whether or not he didn't even try in the first place.

As example when Obama said everyone will keep their doctors and 10s of million lost their doctors was that a lie or not?

Obama is no longer POTUS lol

The mindset of a child. "Barrack lied too!"

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Maybe they could divert some money for other pet GOP priorities:
- Military budget they want to increase to keep picking fights around the world
- Nuclear weapons they want to build more of so we can be sure to have the most efficient, modernized means of vaporizing innocent people

True, but once again you and others seem to be triggered over something that has not reach an end state to make a determination one way or the other. It seems so many just assume Mexico will not pay a dime into this project that at this point in time has hardly even started and I think we need to sit back eat some pop corn and watch the show play out first.

Absolutely delusional lol

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

If Trump attempts to shut down the government for his stupid pet wall then that should be the final straw and Congress should 25th Amendment his ass.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

"Believe me"...is what he says about everything. He's going down as the most clueless President in history. He has no idea how a government works with thousands of players and representatives in all states he has to work WITH/FOR.

Its not one of his I MAKE THE RULES businesses....clueless is putting it mildly. "Believe me!" " we're going to make Mexico pay for it!"

Mexico is STILL laughing...so are we.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

A border wall is something I won't really mind my tax dollars going to.

I do. It's a waste of money.

Spend it on deportation and men on the border.

The damn wall won't slow them down for five friggin' minutes.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

If the wall gets built and the nation can survive trump, it's going to be the ultimate monument to tear down.

But...But the U.S. needs an Iron Curtain to be part of the Free World.

I was going to put Rockin' In the Free World here, but dang those are some depressing lyrics!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Ask Germany how well walls work out...

That was to keep everyone in and/or out, not just to prevent illegal actions. BTW it actually worked rather well until they decided to get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We want legal immigration and legal work visa programs, that BTW a robust work visa program would pay for the wall very quickly.

I'm pretty sure that the work visa program is not a net profit generator. Would you suggest that the visa program become privatized for profit? Then let the Corporation that will profit finance the damn wall, and privatize the visa program too.

Of course profit is profit. So well funded terrorist organizations can pay for the 'gold level extra premium' no background check visas. 10 x $$. Who could pass up that deal? What could possibly go wrong?
edit on 24-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Obama is no longer POTUS lol

The mindset of a child. "Barrack lied too!"

That wasn't my point... speaking of mindsets... I asked would that be considered a lie too? My point is just because something doesn't go exact to plan doesn't make it a lie. A lie would be the person who knew up front they were not going to do anything at all with an already predetermined ending. Can we say that in either Trump's or Obama's cases?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I'm pretty sure that the work visa program is not a net profit generator. Would you suggest that the visa program become privatized for profit? Then let the Corporation that will profit finance the damn wall, and privatize the visa program too.

Of course profit is profit. So well funded terrorist organizations can pay for the 'gold level extra premium' no background check visas. 10 x $$. Who could pass up that deal? What could possibly go wrong?

It could be a net profit generator that pays for all our ICE needs, including the wall while costing those who buy a visa still cheaper than the cost they pay to come over illegally.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yet another burden for the taxpayers of this great country...and one that will be ineffective.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Can you imagine just how much money the American people will save with a wall? Astronomical amount I'm sure considering all the trafficking of drugs, humans etc that it will halt.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wait'll ya see what happens.

President Trump wants a shutdown. He's daring the RINOS to give him one. If President Trump gets a shutdown ... what if it goes 6 months? A year?

What if all those government programs are shown to be needless ... worthless. TSA? Come on!! How much trouble have they caused and how much trouble have they prevented. They're unnecessary. President Trump knows this. What if he's out to prove it by forcing Congress' hand?

How far can he take it then? The whole of the Department of Homeland Security?

If memory serves, President Trump only has to keep the Department of Defense and the Department of State afloat. I don't think there are any mandates on staffing strength.

Let's see if ol' Snarl is right again.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Yet another burden for the taxpayers of this great country...and one that will be ineffective.

It's easy to get the Mexicans to pay for the wall.

Just round up all 20 Million undocumented Mexicans in the USA, and put them to work, but pay them less than fair wages, say 1/2 the usual minimum wage.

So, say minumum wage is $10 USD/hour, pay the Mexixans $5 USD/hour. Then, that $5/hr savings results in $5 x 20 million = $100 Million/hr, which is what the Mexicans effectively pay us with their labor.

For a normal 40 hr week, that's 40 x $100 Million/hr = $4 Billion/week.

The wall is estimated to cost $30 Billion, so it'll take just 8 weeks for the Mexicans to pay the US for the entire wall.

Simple solution, eh?

Oh wait. I forgot, the undocumented Mexicans already get paid less for their labor than Americans doing the same job.

Hmmm...seems the Mexicans have already paid for that Wall, and many times over, since they've been working "under-paid" for decades.

However you do the calculation, Mexicans pay.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Asked a Mexican ex pat just now about paying for the wall, he said yes Americans should pay, then he thanked us for ceding much of the Rio Grande plus land space to Mexico, he said his cousins are looking fwd to painting Aztec themed murals on both sides..
Oh he said something about the second rise of Azltan???.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
To be quite honest after the last 8 years,it would be nice to see the tax dollars go for something,the money that was handed out unaccounted for,the wall is chump change

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
To be quite honest after the last 8 years,it would be nice to see the tax dollars go for something,the money that was handed out unaccounted for,the wall is chump change

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

So all those out of work government employee will have zero net effect on the economy then?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join