It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WHO is Going to Pay for The Wall?"...YOU are..Or Else Government Shutdown!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The Wall will help prevent slave wages in Mexico.

Now where's the Statue ?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Uh?

Money collected from Mexico would have to go through congress to be spent on the construction.

ALL money goes through congress.

DOH!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It becomes law unless he provides a veto. But that is hardly the point. I doubt Congress has the votes to override it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
We opt out of NAFTA and the cost of the wall is a mute point.

That has already paid for the wall 10 times over lol..but then people want to see a pile of money as proof.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

yup

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

correct
if he does not sign the bill in 10 days it becomes law

point being that the potus ALONE can not shut down the government

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: soberbacchus

The wall is like health care.

We the people pay for it all anyway.

But unlike health care, the wall is an unnecessary financial burden,not a well thought out campaign promise...c'mon let Mexico pay for it, I have a running bad joke with a Mexican ex pat.

link   
"WHO is Going to Pay for The Wall?"...YOU are..Or Else Government Shutdown!!

Well under that premise, one might interject an opinion. Somewhere between eleven and twelve million Illegals reside in the United States. You are supporting them ! Some work.... granted, at the cost of denying Legal residents employment. The others are living on assistance. Pay for them, or pay for a Wall.
Shut down the government..... fine. We are twenty years past way-broke-$-wise. Start with freezing Congress's pay.

Did you come to troll and insult ?

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

correct
if he does not sign the bill in 10 days it becomes law

point being that the potus ALONE can not shut down the government

Meh. Abraham Lincoln did it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks Donald! Let's make the overburdened tax payers pay billions for something to fix a problem that never really existed. LOL World class thinking there.

Donald did do one thing, he increased funding for the border patrol. Seriously, that's really all they ever needed or wanted. Some extra guys, vehichles, upgraded technology, some holding facilities etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Meh. Abraham Lincoln did it.

not exactly what was being discussed tho

if congress actually does their job this will not be an issue

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

So you call funneling billions out of this country,draining billions in tax payer monies,displacing millions of Americans from jobs,housing,education, and breaking other laws isn't a problem and never existed.

Uh ?

Illegal immigration is a massive problem in this country.

MASSIVE.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Thanks Donald! Let's make the overburdened tax payers pay billions for something to fix a problem that never really existed. LOL World class thinking there.

Donald did do one thing, he increased funding for the border patrol. Seriously, that's really all they ever needed or wanted. Some extra guys, vehichles, upgraded technology, some holding facilities etc.

Those who actually pay taxes want: less taxes, border control, less govt handouts

For the wall see item 2.

For those 45% who don't pay taxes, I really couldn't give a @#$@! what they think govt money should be spent on.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So you call funneling billions out of this country,draining billions in tax payer monies,displacing millions of Americans from jobs,housing,education, and breaking other laws isn't a problem and never existed.

Uh ?

Illegal immigration is a massive problem in this country.

MASSIVE.

Only if you listen to right wing radio. I've never been economically impacted by illegal immigration. Never been the victim of crime by an illegal immigrant. In fact, when economists and business leaders are discussing the economy, the negative impact of illegal immigration never comes up. It's a non issue or I would say a minor issue. And one that can be fixed by talking to residents in border areas and the border patrol themselves and instead of firey political rhetoric actually do something that will make a difference.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: amazing

Those who actually pay taxes want: less taxes, border control, less govt handouts

For the wall see item 2.

For those 45% who don't pay taxes, I really couldn't give a @#$@! what they think govt money should be spent on.

I pay lot's of taxes and I wouldn't mind beefing up the border patrol, but don't want my money spent on a wall. What makes your opinion any better than mine?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Good for you.

Too bad thousands/millions of other LEGAL Americans have been.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Good for you.

Too bad thousands/millions of other LEGAL Americans have been.

Who are these Americans? I don't think any of us with education and work skills have lost their jobs to illegal mexicans. I don't think crime by illegals is epidemic, it's within normal percentages of any other subset of Americans.

So do tell, who are all of these thousands and millions of Legal Americans getting ruined by illegal mexicans. LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Here's some.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Heres some more.

www.cnn.com...

Since we are not a nation of laws.

And get to pick and choose which ones to be followed.

Let the gun control free zones reign supreme.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Many idiots don't get the part that it's meant to scare and trigger the opponents and the illegals and the illegal activity.

And many more Idiots don't know that Mexico's corruption promotes the travel of Illegals from Central/South America, just google (la bestia - illegals)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Anyone think the US Government should be shut down unless We The People pay for his wall?

Isn't it OUR wall?

No.

It is Trump's campaign ploy...which is silly and stupid and he knew it, that is precisely why he loudly yelled "Mexico is gunna pay for it!" to excuse any rational cost vs. effectiveness debate.

The "Wall" is not a realistic or effective way to prevent illegal immigration...that is a reality argument, not a political one.

Whether you are fiercely opposed to illegal immigration or not is not relevant...because "The Wall" doesn't solve that.

That means we are funding his political ploy..a BS Promise that he wants to deliver on to appease members of his base voters who haven't actually researched the logistics or efficacy of a "Wall".
edit on 24-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join