It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WHO is Going to Pay for The Wall?"...YOU are..Or Else Government Shutdown!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Trying to reconcile why nobody on the right is complaining about the whiplash?

I mean Trump made it a mainstay chant of his campaign..."Who is going to pay for the wall?"...Crowd roars "Mexico!!"

"Mark my word.."
"Trust me.."

THIS IS WHAT HE PROMISED...at every debate and every rally...

Now Trump is threatening Government Shutdown and to VETO any spending bill that does not include funding for his wall??

Trump Threatens Government Shutdown Over Border Wall Funding
www.bloomberg.com...

Trump threatens government shutdown over border wall funding
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Who is going to pay for the wall?!!....YOU are...pony-up taxpayers!...Or I will shut down the government and default on our bills!

The efficacy and cost of the wall aside...

What phenomena is occurring inside the head of Trump Supporters??

It really does seem like a strange cult of short-term reality...Whatever Trump tweets or says today becomes the "new" .."alternative" past.

I get Trump is not tethered to reality...but I used to think some of his supporters had elements of reason..

Can anyone explain the logic of why they accept the massive lie?

Anyone think the US Government should be shut down unless We The People pay for his wall?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

A border wall is something I won't really mind my tax dollars going to.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
"Anyone think the US Government should be shut down unless We The People pay for his wall? "

LOL!

How much $hit have we the people already had to pay for, we didn't have any say in?

Wars we didn't want or agree with.

Bailouts to banks.

Money to foreign countries.

At least the wall serves some benefit locally.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The wall is like health care.

We the people pay for it all anyway.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Anyone think the US Government should be shut down unless We The People pay for his wall?

Isn't it OUR wall? I do believe he later said that Mexico will not just write a check, but there are many ways we can redeem the funds back from Mexico. Once again, I think people are either for controlling human trafficking or not. They are either for legal immigration or feel its OK to just come in anyway you want to. People either feel there is a lot of abuse going on with the whole illegal population, or its all just people coming to a better life.

Since this group can be controlled and manipulated by drug dealers, human trafficking, sex trade, slave labor etc while over taxing our schools, hospitals and social services I personally do not see much good in it all even though many are good people with some fake promise of a better life.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
link   
Pointing this out is a waste of time. You won't get even one of his cult followers to admit he lied.

They just don't care. All you will get us 1000 excuses and deflections.

link   
government that does not represent its people is already shutdown.

are we supposed to be threatened with shutdown of the swamp LOL.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Civics is your friend.
Why would the government be shut down?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

What phenomena is occurring inside the head of Trump Supporters??

Something akin to a "space for rent" sign, I would wager.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have changed my mind about the wall, its a horrible idea, it's easy to get over. It harms wildlife by blocking natural migration paths. I would rather see more funding going to ice and maybe a electronic detection arrays. Let's overthrow Mexicos corrupt government and make it nice so people wanna stay, because that's the true problem, Mexico sucks.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I do not want a wall any more than I want government to force me to pay for it. My mother was born in Germany. Walls keep people in just as well as they keep people out. I just want people that are not supposed to be here to leave.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Civics is your friend.
Why would the government be shut down?
Because Trump needs to sign the debt ceiling increase in order to fund the government? And if the budget does not include funds for the wall he may not do it? I'm just guessing...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We opt out of NAFTA and the cost of the wall is a mute point.

It wont solve everything but security is accomplished through layered defense and the wall is a crucial foundation in that.

It give a first level similar to a deadbolt on your front door. Does not solve all though and you still need a loaded weapon for home security.

The majority of the 99% can not afford panic rooms.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Because Trump said himself that he would shut the government down if funding wasn't approved. Or did you miss his awful speech?

link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

correct
and what happens if he does not sign a bill sent to him by congress?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok.

Need to invest in things to build up to the results you are looking for.

Cant imagine what they say about Space program budgets. At least with a border wall, you have tangible measurable returns from investing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

did you miss civics class?
can potus shut down the government?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Pointing this out is a waste of time. You won't get even one of his cult followers to admit he lied.

They just don't care. All you will get us 1000 excuses and deflections.

First it is hard to debate a person that starts their post with a Ad hominem.

I'll try... How do we say whether he lied or not when we haven't let this completely play out to the end? At that point we can determine whether or not he was telling the truth, whether or not he tried and just failed, whether or not he didn't even try in the first place.

As example when Obama said everyone will keep their doctors and 10s of million lost their doctors was that a lie or not?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Many idiots don't get the part that it's meant to scare and trigger the opponents and the illegals and the illegal activity.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: shooterbrody

Because Trump said himself that he would shut the government down if funding wasn't approved. Or did you miss his awful speech?

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join