It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. judge approves government warrant for data from anti-Trump website

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S. Justice Department will be able to get ahold of some of the "Names" of people and organizations involved in the Jan 20th Inauguration protest violence.

The courts have approved a "limited and balanced" approach to protect innocent people who took part in some online "discussions" that were politically motivated.

The IP people fought hard against any .gov intrusions into website activities.

From a "dream" to a "nightmare" !!

I bet this will uncover some of those "deep" proxy deflector shields too !!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A District of Columbia Superior Court judge on Thursday approved a government warrant seeking data from an anti-Trump website related to Inauguration Day protests, but he added protections to safeguard "innocent users."

Chief Judge Robert Morin said DreamHost, a Los Angeles-based web-hosting company, must turn over data about visitors to the website disruptj20.org, which is a home to political activists who organized protests at the time of Donald Trump's inauguration as U.S. president in January.

Morin, who will oversee review of the data, said the government must explain what protocols it will use to make sure the data of "innocent users" is not seized by prosecutors.

D.C. judge approves government warrant for data from anti-Trump website

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Law and order with an emphasis on order.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A District of Columbia Superior Court judge on Thursday approved a government warrant seeking data from an anti-Trump website related to Inauguration Day protests, but he added protections to safeguard "innocent users."

I haven't seen much innocence from the anti Trump crowd.

I think the judge just insured the guilty people will skate.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Innocents arent the ones they can confirm identity visually, too bad they were all wearing masks.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So, Trump directs the justice department to go after the users of a website that is critical of him.

How long before the justice department starts demanding user records from ATS? Or other websites that discuss politics?

Please fill me in on why it's a good thing for the president to instruct the justice department to investigate American citizens who are critical of Trump..

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
So, Trump directs the justice department to go after the users of a website that is critical of him.

How long before the justice department starts demanding user records from ATS? Or other websites that discuss politics?

Please fill me in on why it's a good thing for the president to instruct the justice department to investigate American citizens who are critical of Trump..

Hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

you just get here?
where were you in 2013?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Is it? How many users are on that website? How many people were arrested at the inauguration protests? It seems to me like there's a drastic difference in these numbers. So why does the government need information on all of these people?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah it is.

Because the simple fact ANYONE that makes threats regarding the president get investigated.

Doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So why does the government need information on all of these people?

like it doesnt already have the info....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Since when does being anti-Trump equal threatening the President? I seem to recall plenty of anti-Obama posts on this site the previous eight years. Would you have simply laid down and rolled over if the Obama administration had asked for the personal information of every user on this site?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Innocents arent the ones they can confirm identity visually, too bad they were all wearing masks.

All this will do is force more people to cover their faces.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: underwerks

Hyperbole.

How is it hyperbole? Is the president not asking for the identities of users of a website used in organizing protests against him?

This is what 3rd world hell holes ran by dictators do. I can't believe people that call themselves proud Americans are happy to let this slide as long as it isn't happening to them. Patriots my @$$.

The only allegiance here is to party. This is the beginning of a dark road that will effect everyone on every side if no one stands up against it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Butterfinger

All this will do is force more people to cover their faces.

That alone will reduce the number of ambulances and guidance counselors needed because less people will see their faces.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Prolly since they run around covering their faces wearing Guy Fawkes masks.

People like that should be investigated.

And trying to hide behind first amendment protections!

That's too rich.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
>anti trump people
>Innocent

lol

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Trump really doesn't need to.

He can get the same information with the ACA datahub.

DOH!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So you have proof that every person on this site is running around with a Guy Fawkes mask? Also, since when is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask grounds for a warrant? If that's suddenly a viable reason what's to stop the next President from claiming that wearing a MAGA hat is also a reasonable excuse?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Guess what ?

Ascertaining guilt is the reasoning behind the warrant.

DOH!.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
there was a discussion or two about this group on ATS during the election and a short time after. there were many on this site that visited this site who were just checking it out. depending on just how much information they get from the site, they might find themselves being led to ATS, even though many of the threads they are following are actually conservatives just checking it out. just saying...

I am wondering if they might not be also checking out those websites that were being used to organize the women's march also. which, was probably one of the most peaceful marches in recent history.
if they are, this to me, would be a sign that trump's problem is with those who have the audacity to speak out against him and it has nothing to do about how violent the group happens to be.

<<   2  3 >>

join