It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just joined!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm trying to refine some of my gold finds from my time spent mining here in California using the dummies guide posted on this site. I'm at the point of adding the urea to my aqua regia to neutralize the nitric acid and I'm noticing that the next page skips to the end where they're melting the gold powder. What happened to the steps in between? I can't continue without this information? Please help, thanks.

Travis.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. I haven't got a clue what you are talking about. I thought gold came from Jewelry stores.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think you need mercury?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Welcome to the site. I haven't got a clue what you are talking about. I thought gold came from Jewelry stores.
Don't be ridiculous, they come from gooses who lay golden eggs and smelt them.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tcreteau

Welcome and hell of a way to burst through the ATS door.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That thread was always a good read!

Sorry, don't remember the steps.

I know that there was rinsing, adding another chemical, more rinsing, but I believe they were getting their scraps from recycled electronics (??) so those steps were necessary. Not certain what is required for already mined gold.

Anyway, great intro! Sorry I can't help. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

That's a great thread! Here's the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
if the process steps cannot be found-out

then I would leave well enough alone, just keep collecting the gold in it's unrefined state & let the buyer Assay the gold value & weight.... It has got to be worth at least 70% of the PM spot price.... trying to eke out that extra 15% would cost you more time & trouble than the return would be worth

that middle man is not going to budge much if you bring h=the 70% pure gold to 80% pure.... it will never be close to 24 Karat pure...or else the metal might be suspected as being stolen and melted to avoid closer examination to determine the from what geology source the ore came from

beware the commencement of the ACC Crypto coins, which will have a gold component in ITs block-chain history/pedigree
your gold exploration will become just so much digital stream data & your physical metal will be returned as a ACC Crypto Coin, instantly turned into VISA credit units for universal trade

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is for introductions ONLY. Welcome. Suggest reading the Ts and Cs you agreed to and go to Board and Freshman's forums to see how to do and post, upload and create threads n all...there is a correct way and a wrong way...and a number of posts 1st after an Introduction to make threads in certain areas.

Again...welcome to ATS...Cya..........Best, MS
edit on 24-8-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join