It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

85% of Americans: freedom of speech is more important than people's feelings.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
Every generation views itself as "victimized" in some way. I don't care one iota for what the current generation thinks it is owed.

I worked my ass off to get where I am. I paid my taxes and did what the government expected of me.

I'm straight with the house.

Now it's their turn to work their asses off for their own future. That is not my responsibility.

Which is all well and good- but I'm stuck in the middle, and I see both sides of this. If you're 50, or 60 now- you did work your ass off and pay your taxes... but the system was manipulated to give back more. The generation right behind you- people who are 40 now, have been paying into the scheme that's been paying out to you.. and they won't get that same payout. They didn't have anything before the gold standard was dropped, and benefited a lot less from the last 30 years of policy.
Me, I'm behind them- closer to 30. I've been working hard and paying taxes... but I can barely get ahead. I'm doing better than anyone else I know at my age, and that's because I do work hard- but there's just too much off the top, and i'm being screwed in too many different ways. If I had fallen for the college loan scam (excessive college debt wasn't a common problem when I was going, but it was ramping up quickly) I'd be in the same boat as people who are 20 right now.

Work hard all you want- the money isn't there.
When my parents were juniors in high school they could pick up a summer job, and by the time school came back around they would have enough money to buy a brand new car.
These days, even a really well paying summer job won't net you more than about 6 grand over a summer vacation.
You can pick up a decent car that's about halfway through its lifespan for that, if you're smart about it and buy private sale.
But that's at roughly twice minimum wage, which you'd be hard pressed to get.

The point is, the monetary system is collapsing. It was designed to fleece the population and strip them of everything- and it worked brilliantly. Almost nobody owns their own property anymore. Most people with property own less than half of it- and on hard times the banks will steal it out from under their feet and sell it for a fraction of its value for a quick bonus- they already got their money back through the ridiculous interest rates... But they'll put you out on the street for a few extra bucks.

We're seeing a death rattle of the economic system that has stolen everything from everyone- and that makes all of the rich and powerful scared- they're about to lose their edge.

Those rich and powerful are manipulating the easily manipulated- we're seeing these losers riot and pull down statues because they were given the cue from the media that they should be angry at those things.
They're tired of being screwed, and they're angry- but can't see the man behind the curtain. They're being told who the enemy is and lashing out at it.

As a nation, we need to open their eyes somehow- if we were all on the same page as to who was causing all of this suffering in the first place, the problem would be sorted out relatively quickly.

Instead, divide and conquer rules the day.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

everything is getting exposed and the curtain is being pulled back.

Been hearing that for decades. Believe whatever you want but, if I live long enough, I'm sure I'll hear the same thing at least a few more times.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

its been going on for decades it just took that long to reach the populace in massive numbers. This modern movement really came about with William Cooper outing the illuminati with Behold a Pale Horse and Hour of the Time. After he was taken out Alex Jones carried it on. There are others though... Savage is a big one as well especially his books. brietbartt...hannity...lou Dobbs.... drudge. Then you have patriots like Ron and Rand paul.... snowden....assange...seth rich. These people have spent years under attack and have changed the country exposing the truth.

Most honest media right now is coming right out of infowars and its expanding.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You tell yourself whatever you need.

A bunch of people believed in 2012 and couldn't believe that others couldn't see what was so obvious. Of course, they were wrong.

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

so you want it fed to you?

try to spend some time doing some research. knowledge comes from research and work not being told what to think. You are not going to learn anything with your current mindset.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
so you want it fed to you?

Already saw it. Don't believe it. What part of that is giving you a hard time?
edit on 24-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

not falling for your attempt to have a thread shut down.

have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Why would the thread be shut down?

All I'm saying is that I don't agree with what you are saying, not because I have not seen the info before but because, in my opinion, it is not compelling.
edit on 24-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How to reach retirement successfully despite "The Man":

1. Start saving immediately and continue to save as much as you can all your life.

2. Get a job(s) as soon as you can and work, work, work.

3. Attend a college you can afford.

4. Don't buy a house you can't afford.

5. Stop buying on credit. If you can't afford to pay for it in cash that you have, don't buy it.

This is how I succeeded. It can still be done. Anyone who says it can't is making excuses.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I 100% agree # yo feelings.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
85% believe free speech to be important?
I doubt it.
Maybe the "free speech" they agree with.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Does that 85% of Americans get that statues are speech ?

It may be, but it's the interpretation of that 'speech' that matters and just like we each have our own pie holes we all have our own interpretation too.

peace
edit on 1633Friday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join