It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN racism committee issues 'warning' over US tensions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"Obama did his part to disrupt racial tensions in the US, and while I don't see Trump doing that, perhaps I'm blind to it and he really is, I don't know."

"If I had a son........

He stoked the fires often. He was elected because he was a great orator. (when using a teleprompter) I don't think most people even cared about his skin pigmentation until he made it an issue. That was a shame. "

So I am confused... did you mean erupt?
edit on 24-8-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow. They act like this is all widespread.

Thanks media.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddy2099

Travon Martin, Mike Brown, any other racial incidents that I am forgetting, were all blown way out of proportion and politicized to push an agenda. Travon Martin was killed by George Zimmerman. Travon didn't have to die and shouldn't have been shot, but he was. Tragic, and senseless. Regardless of who thought who was right. Any loss of life is senseless.

MIke Brown, if he was just an innocent kid walking home from getting bubble gum at the store and the cop lied, that was tragic and wrong. If the cop's story was true, it was completely justified. Without footage, we will never know. So there we have two of the most polarizing cases of the Obama administration and both were senseless, both should not have happened, regardless of who is at fault, but they did. The media hype is what made them what they were and Obama's comments on them fanned the flames of the media's narrative to a "T". That part isn't up for discussion, it's historical fact. How you feel about his comments is up for interpretation and discussion and likely will be for decades.

If the narrative was to bring us all closer, to empower us to realize that we are all pink on the inside, and all bleed red, and all need food, water, shelter and love to survive, the entire world would be a better place, but that silly squishy # doesn't make anyone money, so it's got to go. And you have what the OP is about.

It's my opinion, and you are free to disagree.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yes, I get that. I know of a few myself. But of all the people I know, the amount of them is less than 2%, and I am in the middle of "their" home. Yes, they exist. NO there aren't many of them.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Perhaps that word isn't the right one. I meant he stoked the fire and fanned the flames a bit. Instead of pouring cold water on it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) has called on the Government of the United States of America

This letter to the U.S. Government was sent on 8/18/2017. Decision 1 (93)

5. Recommends that the United States of America ensure that the rights to freedom of expression, association and peaceful assembly are not exercised with the aim of destroying or denying the rights and freedoms of others, especially the right to equality and non-discrimination, and that the Government of the United States of America provide the necessary guarantees so that such rights are not misused to promote racist hate speech and racist crimes.

Donald Trump has already taken all the recommendations into account as evidenced by his American Legion Convention speech in Reno yesterday. He will probably consider his speech as a sufficient response. "All righty then, took care of that! Case closed. No further action required"

As far as Recommendation 5 goes, crickets, except that he announced how he's got plans to combat the spread of ISIS ideologies on the internet. See 11:37.

Perhaps what's good for ISIS is good for the Alt-Right.

ETA

I didn't answer some of your questions. Yes, I am quite familiar with White Supremacists. I grew up in a hotbed of such stuff.

A Leader told two of his followers to kill an Ethiopian man. They did. The two followers went to prison. The leader had his criminal case dismissed because it was his constitutional free speech right to say whatever he wanted to.

Charlie Manson went to prison for telling his followers to kill in order to start a race war. Imams have been killed extra-judicially for telling followers to kill.
edit on 24-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: StonedPidgeon

I agree with you,they have no credibility.They also have no compunction about thousands of people being slaughtered,like the white ethnicity of South Africa.Our agricultural sector is in grievous danger after since 1994,the slaughter of thousands of farmers,and many more thousands of other civilians.We are in line for a Rwanda style flat out massacre of the white ethnicity here.Yet they have not provided any means of escape,evacuation or rescue.Even though we are at level 6,the final stage before full genocide.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

i've often thought about how long/what it would take to bring about martial law.
but then i wonder, if a population as large and angry and armed as ours had martial law imposed on us, are we not strong enough to make a damn good stand? provided, of course, we're angrier at TPTB than we are at each other.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend
if a population as large and angry and armed as ours had martial law imposed on us, are we not strong enough to make a damn good stand? provided, of course, we're angrier at TPTB than we are at each other.

interesting comment.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Or else what, exactly?

Trump needs to issue a warning to the UN about its Human Rights council.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yeah, I'll bet he'll want to get on that right away! He can get Putin, Erdogan and Duterte to sign his warning letter!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigdaddy2099

originally posted by: network dude

If I had a son........

He stoked the fires often. He was elected because he was a great orator. (when using a teleprompter) I don't think most people even cared about his skin pigmentation until he made it an issue. That was a shame.

How the hell does that equate to stirring racial tensions? The only thing you guys got is that he is able to relate to what it feels like to be a minority in America and for that you demonize him for that.

Was he able to relate? He wasn't raised in America, Then he was raised by his white grandparents. Went to an Ivy league school, became president.

He stirred tensions by making the Treyvon Martin case personal.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

A picture for PR proves what exactly?
edit on 24-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It proves, that Trump has already made his stance public. He's friends with the very villains that the UN committee should be also warning about human rights violations.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Ask yourself, how many KKK, White Supremacists do you know? How many have you seen in public? Other than the news, when was the last time you saw them gather and protest or march? Was there a lot of them?

Off hand, probably around 50-60, but I'm from a small town in the south where everybody knows everybody else.

How many KKK have I seen in public? Hundreds and hundreds. I've seen crosses burned in yards maybe 15-20 times and I've been beaten and shot at because I had friends of a different race.

It all started in my small Kentucky town when I was a kid over this shooting. From 1996:

The rebel battle flag was flying from a stand in the bed of Michael David Westerman's pickup truck the day he was shot to death. But the tinted windows of his pickup kept some attackers from recognizing the driver, Mr. Westerman, who was their friend.

Mr. Westerman, 19, a white graduate of a high school whose teams are nicknamed the Rebels, was killed by a gunshot to the heart. The four black youths, Freddy Morrow, Damien Darden and Tony Andrews, all 17, and Marcus Merriweather, 15, were charged with murder in juvenile court on Thursday.

The shooting has heightened racial tension in Guthrie, a town of 1,400 on the Kentucky-Tennessee border. Since the shooting, there have been four cross burnings.

www.nytimes.com...

After that, KKK and Nazis from all over the country descended on our small town holding daily rallies, passing out literature and some Nazis even threw a pipe bomb out of a van at me and some friends while we were skateboarding because some of us were black.

I was in middle school at the time, and it was crazy as well. Completely separated down the middle on race. A lot of parents actually took their kids out of school and started home schooling them because they didn't want them to be in the same class as black people. And yes, this was the late 1990's, not the 50's and 60's.

And you know what? It hasn't changed that much. There aren't any cross burnings (that I've heard of anyway) but those same attitudes still live and breathe and are being passed down to kids as we speak. I still know people that forbid their kids to date anyone from another race.

Thr race problem everyone is seeing now has always existed in this country. The only difference between then and now is that now the same people that used to burn crosses to publicly advertise their racism use the internet instead. And they feel emboldened because they imagine Trump is on their side, whether he really is or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It proves, that Trump has already made his stance public. He's friends with the very villains that the UN committee should be also warning about human rights violations.

So its "friends" now, when trying to gather up middle eastern allies against ISIS. Ok then.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have an arse that the U.N. can kiss.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"Friends" is the term President Trump prefers. You rarely hear him refer to allies, unless he's specifically referring to his NATO responsibilities.

Example: "We will work with our allies, including our friends and allies in the Muslim world, to extinguish this vile enemy from our planet." 
Trump's joint address to Congress Feb. 2017

See the distinction?

Another example is, Putin is a "friend" in Trump's mind, but not an ally to US interests.

edit on 24-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join