It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting times in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The last couple passes of the Edwards and Mojave area have proven somewhat fruitful. Nothing truly blatant, like a demonstrator flying in daylight, but some interesting catches nonetheless.

Monday morning, we were going by Edwards about 8:30 am, when two F-16s and two T-38s came back. One of the T-38s jumped out when I reviewed them later.

Then, as I reviewed the shots from Mojave, I noticed what appears to be one of the two Northrop BAC 111 testbed aircraft. I think it's been there for a couple of weeks now. Something has been parked in that area for about that long anyway.

Then down by the Scaled Composites hangar we caught these guys sitting parked.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm asking for more info as I don't have a clue why this is significant - through my own ignorance - not by anything your posting.

So - in your opinion - what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

peace

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Must be pretty cool to know what you are looking at.

That aircraft in the first pic looks to have pretty small wings, or maybe just the perspective.

I lived out in Vegas for about 2 years, my GF lived near Nellis and I would watch some big ol boats taking off... I lived way on the outskirts toward the bombing range. I would see the fast movers fly by often, I don't know what they were, F-16s F-14 or just the basic F-baddass in the sky.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

You aren't alone. I also don't understand what is interesting per say. Just blurry photographs to my untrained eye.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Doesn't look like the BAC 111 has the f35 nose like n162w?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Must be pretty cool to know what you are looking at.

That aircraft in the first pic looks to have pretty small wings, or maybe just the perspective.

I lived out in Vegas for about 2 years, my GF lived near Nellis and I would watch some big ol boats taking off... I lived way on the outskirts toward the bombing range. I would see the fast movers fly by often, I don't know what they were, F-16s F-14 or just the basic F-baddass in the sky.

T38s have pretty small wings. The Thunderbirds never looked funnier.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The official mission of the T-38 is pilot training, but it's used for Red Air, and, at Edwards, chase planes for tests. They put someone in the rear cockpit with a camera to monitor tests. In all the years that I've observed T-38s, I've seen exactly one that reflected light where that one is. It could be something simple like they replaced a panel and it's not painted, or it could indicate they've modified the aircraft to test something.

One of the two BAC 111s that Northrop had been modified with an F-35 nose on the front, and was testing F-35 radar systems. The two aircraft are used as system testbeds for many different things. Northrop has a big plant in Palmdale, right up the road that does a lot of black work, as well as the Scaled Composites rapid prototype facility at this airport.

The business jets may also be related to Northrop. Two of their jets, including a Gulfstream IV, which is similar to what's in the picture. They do various tests and observer work as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfect stranger

It might not. The only information out about them recently is there's no retirement date for them and they're still flying.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Wonder if they are testing aerolastic wings?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Interesting photos. Time to put in a call to my buddies

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

There's an interesting possibility for at least one of the business jets, but I don't know if it's been made public, so I don't want to say too much. I will point out that both Raytheon and Scaled are near where they're parked.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe the business jets are Janet Air out of Area 51?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No, they use 737s and small turboprop aircraft. If they're what I and my sources suspect they're being modified, I'm just reluctant to say into what and for whom.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Nothing to do with the JSTARS replacement competition?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

No. I thought at first, but no.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I wonder if Scaled is building a new nose for one of jets - PCA systems test?

I think PCA is much further along than anyone will admit.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Are they making a stealth business jet for Trump?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

I've heard rumors that one or two individual systems that might see use on PCA might have flown, but they aren't at integration or anything of the sort yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The official mission of the T-38 is pilot training, but it's used for Red Air, and, at Edwards, chase planes for tests. They put someone in the rear cockpit with a camera to monitor tests. In all the years that I've observed T-38s, I've seen exactly one that reflected light where that one is. It could be something simple like they replaced a panel and it's not painted, or it could indicate they've modified the aircraft to test something.

When you first saw a T-38 that had a reflection in the same area, was it testing something new? It's an interesting place to put something exterior, is it not? Just seems so close to the intakes... Unless its a panel thats protudes out?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Theres something under the fuselage or is it a trick of the light?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join