It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nation's last Confederate flag manufacturer sees sales surge after Charlottesville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Booming sales for a small manufacturing company that seems to be the last man standing making confed flags in the US. Seems all the "statue assaults" and removal are spurring sales.

Alabama Flag & Banner is located in a small strip near downtown Huntsville. Two years ago, the company began manufacturing the Confederate flag after retailers pulled it from their shelves in the wake of the mass shooting at the Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, S.C. in which nine people were killed by a white supremacist who'd been photographed holding a Confederate flag.

Of course the large corps cut and run when it comes to making this "divisive" flag. So Alabama Flag and banner is the only one left.

The country's major flag manufacturers stopped producing rebel flags. Eventually, said longtime owner Belinda Kennedy, Alabama Flag & Banner became the go-to manufacturer for hundreds of retailers across the country looking to stock American-made Confederate flags. Online orders boomed, too
www.al.com...

Alabama Flag and banner sales have gone from a handful of confederate flags annually to and average of 600-800 flags a year. SJW are good for business.

Since 2015, Alabama Flag & Banner has sold an average of 600-800 Confederate flags a year. Before that, they typically made a handful of special orders per year because they were able to order flags from a larger manufacturer.

Belinda Kennedy, the owner of Alabama Flag and Banner, is concerned about the racial divide, that I feel Obama is responsible for, is leading to the attempt of sanitizing history. Kennedy is also disappointed to see the white supremacists use the Confed flag.

"I think there is a bigger racial divide in our country than what we've had in many years," said Kennedy. "I think a lot of it is (because) we're trying to sanitize history. You've got white supremacists, but then you've got people like me who are history buffs, pushing back and saying, don't change history."

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh sure. This sort of provocation under the ruse of some sort of national purging will prompt sales and a whole new discussion on the deal.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Think I am gonna buy one.

Just maybe one of the last ones.

Historical consistency preservation.,

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
another example of political correctness killing American jobs. I wonder how many confederate flags the Chinese make and sell every year? I`m guessing a lot more than 600-800.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Remember, people buy flags as much to desecrate and burn them, too.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well you know as long as Great Britain has been around many still wipe their arse with a Union Jack.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yep. Flags are bought for a variety of purposes.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

They also frequently burn and desecrate flags, and other items, they did not personally buy and have no right to touvh, let alone damage.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well this figures.

huh huh huh huhhhh

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

True, is burning the confed flag a popular thing SJW and BLM do?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Soviet memorobia and Mao Memorobilia is now worth quite a bit,a smart person might start scouring Pawn shops for Confederate memorobilia

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I've never held any favor towards the confederate flag. I had always associated it with the south and racism.

But I almost want to buy one as they'll be gone forever soon.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have little use for one, but I imagine the SJW's and BLM are as good for flag sales as Obama was for gun sales.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I wonder if I could buy a civil war memorial bronze statue?

link   
How long until these tolerant book burners converge on this small, non corporate, legitimate business and try to torch it?

link   

I can offer you an older pair of battle flag briefs (or a "thong" as you'd likely find them to be on you) for a decent price.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

No, but wait around a memorial that was racist enough to dare to construct a confed general statue and one will be ripped and toppled for you to grab and take home.

link   

originally posted by: Mark08
How long until these tolerant book burners converge on this small, non corporate, legitimate business and try to torch it?

Just minutes before the act is declared "resistance against violent provocation" by the media because, clearly, ideologies and potential thoughts are far worse than actual physical destruction of property... as we've seen of late.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I can offer you an older pair of battle flag briefs (or a "thong" as you'd likely find them to be on you) for a decent price.

My stripper name used to be, "Battle Flag Briefs".

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Mine was Stoneballs Jackson. We likely crossed paths backstage at some point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join