It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Has anyone local heard anything about Kemah?

I know the boardwalk was flooded and many of the houses along the water had sme inundation, but some of the houses which were built up higher were ok.

What part of Kemah? I live close by and can probably find out more details for you.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

West side. In the middle of the southside of Clear Lake. Between Clear Lake & Marina Bay Drive.
So much water all around! If the concrete slab that their house is on, was undermined once before, with a record rainfall it doesn't sound good.

I'm not familiar with how much area Galveston County covers. How far are you from the Island?
Is there still only one road onto it? Have you heard if that is closed?

Having seen the documentary on 'their' hurricane, that's the first place I thought of when I saw the track of this one!

WOQ
edit on 30-8-2017 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2017 by texasgirl because: Didn't work

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Okay, I just got off work and made the drive up Marina Bay Drive Through Clear Lake Shores in to Kemah across 146 over to 518 and back home. There was no water on any of the main roads and as far as I could tell, all of the neighborhoods along those roads also had completely drained.

Galveston County pretty large, almost the same size as Harris . I'm in the northern part of the county and 25 miles away from the island. There are simply only three entries to the island from the mainland, one is I-45 the Gulf Freeway, which goes over the Causeway, the other is the Bolivar ferry, and the third is the San Luis Pass at the very very far southwest tip of the island.

From where I am, the Causeway I-45 the Gulf Freeway is essentially the only way to get there. I mean I could take the Bolivar ferry, but I would have to go all the way around Galveston Bay in order to get to it or I could also take San Luis Pass Bridge, but I would have to go down the coast a ways before I can get to that. As far as I know the causeway was never closed however I-45 the Gulf Freeway further north at 517 in Dickinson did close due to Dickinson Bayou overflowing its banks and Crossing I-45 the Gulf freeway.

I hope that helps and I hope that you hear from your friend soon. If you don't and you want a more detailed survey p.m. me with the street name and I can take a trip because it is not far out of the way at all for me.
edit on 30-8-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OMGosh! ATS people are the best!!!
Thank you so much j&c!!!

I owe you big time!
Just knowing the whole place isn't under water is a big relief! Seeing how bad Houston is, I thought for sure places closer to the Gulf would be just as bad if not worse!

I'm sure I'll hear from her as soon as things get back to normal!

Thanks again!!!
WOQ

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here in Dallas a semi headed to Houston carrying relief supplies hit a car head-on, causing a fire that killed two people and destroyed the supplies.

Geez...So much tragedy involved with Houston!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The news just keeps getting worse..Local news reporting here in Dallas that gas stations are running out of gas! With everyone heading out of town for Labor Day weekend this is really bad news.

My best friend just said she's already been to 3 gas stations and they're all out of gas. My other friend said the lines are crazy long!

I have a friend who went on a cruise this week and I've been taking care of her pets. Problem is that she lives over 30 minutes away and I'm worried about possibly not being able to get there!

edit on 31-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
North Texas starting to run out of gas:

www.wfaa.com...

I think the news stations reporting this is going to make people panic and hit the gas stations!!
edit on 31-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I live in TN now but a lot of my buddies back in TX are saying the same thing on social media - stories of people filling up their vehicles and a bunch of gas tanks and places running out of gas...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

I live in TN now but a lot of my buddies back in TX are saying the same thing on social media - stories of people filling up their vehicles and a bunch of gas tanks and places running out of gas...

It's terrible. I've been driving by gas stations and they're ALL out. There's also police cars there, maybe for security? The two stations I found have lines stretching around the block that's spilling into traffic, causing back ups and other issues.

I've never seen anything like it here in Dallas.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
More rain ahead.

20% chance of development.

We don't need anymore rain.

weather.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

woq, did you ever hear from your aunt and cousins?

To give folks an idea of how deep the water was in some places, here is a photo one of my FB friends posted:

Those are propeller marks on the roof of that van.

Imagine the look on the adjusters face when describing this damage.
edit on 1-9-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Hi!
Not yet. She's almost 90, only does snail mail,
so it might be awhile. She can't hear well enough to talk on the phone. We didn't even know my Uncle died last year, until two months later when we got a letter from her. Usually we only hear from her at Christmas & Easter unless we write to her first. She still has a brother here in town, but when I saw him at a family wedding a few weeks ago, he hadn't heard from her in ages either. He asked me if I had heard from her?! Must be hereditary! But I guess to be fair, if it wasn't for e-mail & Fb, I wouldn't keep in contact with people as much as I do either! It makes it so much easier!

The cousins aren't on Fb, so no help there. I guess they leave it all up to her to keep in contact with people back home here!

Whenever I write to her she's pretty good about answering right away though. So I figured I'd send a letter out after Labor Day & see if she gets it.
I'm hoping Kemah's mail isn't usually processed through Houston! That's the way they do it here now to supposedly save money! Our post office sends all outgoing mail two hours away to be postmarked, even local mail! It takes two or three days to get mail from a neighbor! Three or four days to go across the state! Pony Express would be faster!

Incoming mail comes from a processing center in
another town about an hour away. I don't know where it is before that. I found out that part of it, because the next door neighbor works for the post office!

So for now, I'm going to assume no news is good news! And wait & see if I get an answer to my letter!

WOQ

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

That van will be totaled as a 100% loss. I wonder if it will take MONTHS for the official damage assessment and compensation. Maybe insurance companies will simply accept a photo from people in S.E. Texas. Too much damage for even a small army of adjusters to assess in reasonable time.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

It's terrible. I've been driving by gas stations and they're ALL out. There's also police cars there, maybe for security? The two stations I found have lines stretching around the block that's spilling into traffic, causing back ups and other issues.

What a horrible situation, is there any relief in sight, will there be any way for trucks to get fuel and food in the near future?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Is it true that the water at the zoo rose so high that the alligators just swam over the top of their enclosures and disappeared into the city?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: texasgirl

What a horrible situation, is there any relief in sight, will there be any way for trucks to get fuel and food in the near future?

They interviewed a volunteer this morning and she said it was great to have an overabundance of supplies for the hurricane victims but with the gas scare no one will volunteer to drive the supplies down there. This "shortage" (which the governor says is 'all in our minds') has created a panic I have never seen. Yesterday there were still crazy-long lines and people getting hot tempered over having to wait.

It is better this morning and I was able to get gas at 4am. Found a tiny station, with a total of 6 pumps, and filled up my tank. I was joyously happy!

Here's a tool for you to track gas in the DFW area:

tracker.gasbuddy.com...

Enter zip codes: 75025 (Plano) 75034 and 75035 (Frisco)

This will give you an idea of who has gas. Notice there are some stations with power outages. Today is better, however. Yesterday there was maybe only 2 stations open so the lines were insanely long!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Seriously doubt that happened in Houston , there were minor concerns about a gator sanctuary in Beaumont but they relocated the gators and crocodiles to a secure place.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Seriously doubt that happened in Houston , there were minor concerns about a gator sanctuary in Beaumont but they relocated the gators and crocodiles to a secure place.

OK..I found a print article related to what I heard on the radio. Hopefully, the water did not rise that additional foot.

The owners of Gator Country, a local alligator attraction near Beaumont that has been inundated with flooding, are concerned that if water levels continue to rise the facility’s 350 alligators could escape into the nearby community.

"We're less than a foot from (water) going over the fences," Gary Saurage, owner of Gator Country, told local media earlier this week. "All of these are certified, high fences, but when it won't quit, it won't quit.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Yep thats the one, saw a video on Aol where they loaded all the big ones at the very least if not all of them.

www.beaumontenterprise.com... /article/Gator-Country-focused-on-containing-our-gators-12058782.php

http ://www.chron.com/news/houston-weather/hurricaneharvey/article/Gator-Country-in-Beaumont-holds-its-own-in-the-12135420.php#photo-12098885
edit on 3-9-2017 by putnam6 because: add link

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join