It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: kosmicjack

I read in a post here that they will use the Dallas convention center as a mega shelter

It's what they did after NOLA. Many were taken to Houston I believe and then sent on to other places where they could be gotten on their feet again unless they wanted to go back home.

I am guessing they will be processed at Dallas for lack of a better term and then the same thing will happen - other places in the country will take them in like last time.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I would guess so. A lot of senior communities will have a house pet, either dog or cat, these days. I can't imagine it would be left behind.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

That's the best bet right now.

Anyone who can with a boat, and they're going to have to coordinate their efforts very well to try to get to as many people as they can as quickly as they can.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
And I hate to say this, but right now, it's time to stop worrying about increasing people coming in from other places for the immediate near term. We have a large number of internal refugees who need to be taken care of.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm back...

Lost the net Sat morning, came up at 7pm today.

70 to 80 miles from landfall, 30-50 miles from where the eye wandered around for a couple of day. Tropical force winds and 12 inches of rain. The rain nearer the eye was much less then the later out bands. Glad Harvey is moving on.

Out of Family in Houston area, 2 houses got wet.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i know what to name the kid if one is conceived in this storm.
It is actually a possibility.
I might have to give them numbers.
Harvey1, Harvey2, etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I know the disaster continues but the law changes in Texas Friday so sharing this now.

Lawyers to Harvey victims: File insurance claims before law changes Sept. 1 or risk losing money

A new law, set to take effect Friday, aims to crack down on frivolous insurance lawsuits. But House Bill 1774 also reduces the penalty fees that insurance companies face for late payments if the policyholder files a lawsuit

Source

Thoughts continue for all those in harm's way. I'm so glad some of our members have been able to check in here.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Wow, now the storm has stalled.

Predicting 50 inches of rain in some area's....

National Weather Service issues ultra rare warning to Houston over flooding

Gonna need scuba gear to get home for some...

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I remember one writer in this thread reminded people to watch out for fire ants...

Here is a scary article...

Islands of fire ants!

"Island of Fire Ants" discovered in Houston flooding

You sure do not want to have an island of fire ants to drift into you!!!! Yikes!

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Good Grief.

These poor people.

Jaded hasn't posted in a while. Hope he's ok.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Impressive creatures, I hate them but they are impressive none the less...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker

I remember one writer in this thread reminded people to watch out for fire ants...

Here is a scary article...

Islands of fire ants!

"Island of Fire Ants" discovered in Houston flooding

You sure do not want to have an island of fire ants to drift into you!!!! Yikes!

Pravdaseeker

Oh my gosh..That's scary. I've been bitten many times by fire ants. They form these pimple-like pustules, burn and itch like mad!!

A lady posted some photos of alligators wading outsidea her flooded home. What a nightmare.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

THAT is exactly where my concerns are right now, as well, my friend. I haven't "bumped' into him in about 36 hours- over at TA's Stream. Anybody have a number for him? Has he checked in with anyone here?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: HollywoodFarmGirl

Jaded posted in another thread around 9:30 last night so he seems okay for now. It was the thread about Hurricane Harvey: The potential to change US history.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Addicks Reservoir has exceeded capacity of 108 feet and has started to overflow. Barker Reservoir is approaching capacity, despite controlled releases.

Levee breached at Columbia Lakes. Get out now was the emergency alert.

Source

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Out here on the western edge then sun is shining after 4 days of rain.

Sounds like Houston is getting the north wind. That was the wind here yesterday. Hopefully it means the drier air is near there.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

A Houston police officer drowned in his patrol car in Harvey floodwaters, according to three department officials.

The officer, an HPD veteran who has been with the department for more than 30 years, was in his patrol car driving to work downtown Sunday morning when he got trapped in high water at I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road.

Search and rescue crews are currently recovering his body. The department has not yet formally notified the officer's family.

"He was trying different routes, and took a wrong turn," one high-ranking official said, asking not to be identified.

After getting trapped in high water, the officer tried to get out but was unable to.

www.chron.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Harvey sets new continental U.S. rainfall record of 49 inches.
Breaking: A doom thread on ATS finally underestimates a disaster.
More rain incoming. Wow. Stay safe!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Bridge collapse over Greens Bayou.

mobile.twitter.com...

More bad news

edit on 29-8-2017 by jrod because: Cleanup link

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Looks like a real aqualypse is unfolding.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join