It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Don Lemon Self-Destructs After Trump’s Phoenix Rally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't see any "self-destruction" there. He seemed calm, rational and presented a point of view.

That's not self destructive. You may not agree with him, but he didn't do any name calling, yelling, freaking out, or show any self destructive behaviour.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It came across as unprofessional for a "journalist" though. It wasn't really balanced reporting.

I cannot think of any news outlet that has truly balanced reporting.

At this point, the hysteria about Trump by some media orgs and the "resistance" is making all of us liberals look bad.

It makes the media look bad. How they report on the issues does not reflect on to you or other liberals. At least it shouldn't. You and your fellow liberals are not responsible for what media outlets do and say.

Just as, the turning a blind eye to Antifa is by the media.

Antifa is a whole other matter altogether.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Except, CNN is rarely "reporting." They are an establishment loud speaker.

That's hyperbole. They report the news, but also provide personal commentary.

They've lost the right to be regarded as journalists

When were their 1st amendment rights revoked?

I tell my roommate all of the time that people need to stop conflating media "personalities" or talk show hosts with journalists. Most of the people working at these media empires literally aren't journalists.

There is some truth to that.

Then, there are actual journalists who are violating the oaths and principles of their practice.

Some truth in that as well.

The responsibility is on the people to sift through the garbage to find the truth. Too many people are too lazy and want to be spoon-fed news that they can agree with. So when outlets like CNN do report the truth, they are dismissed because it did not confirm the viewers biases.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It makes those liberals who buy it whole sale, and join in the frenzy of the same talking points, look bad. By transitive property, it makes liberals generally look bad to the right wing. Right now, the media and liberals in question look bad to me. a reply to: introvert

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Free speech isn't journalism brah, although it is a requirement so that the press can practice, yes. Journalism is an actual profession, with actual principles and training involved.

Secondly, it's pretty clear that CNN along with a number of mainstream media outlets absolutely shill for the establishment on all sides and are not real investigative journalistic orgs.

As someone who has worked abroad and studied international development and security at a graduate level, I've seen how warped and dishonest such outlets are when it comes to "manufacturing the consent" of the masses, selling war and global empire on false premises. That's just one example, but it's one of the clearest ones.

a reply to: introvert

edit on 23-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

link   

IF you were a young, black, gay man working for CNN, how would you feel about the racist lying pig?

link   
Why don't you Trump lovers just watch Fox news and there you'll get your Trump loyalist enough.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
It makes those liberals who buy it whole sale, and join in the frenzy of the same talking points, look bad. By transitive property, it makes liberals generally look bad to the right wing. Right now, the media and liberals in question look bad to me. a reply to: introvert

Perhaps that's the problem. We over-generalize and lump people together, without asking the individuals about their personal perspective.

I can be guilty of that as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So Don Lemon is dead then?

.... You may be thinking of Jack Lemon.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Free speech isn't journalism brah. Journalism is an actual profession, with actual principles and training involved.

You are right. Free speech is not journalism.

Journalism is freedom of the press, which is an extension of free speech.

Whether or not you agree with how they use it is up to the individual.

Secondly, it's pretty clear that CNN along with a number of mainstream media outlets absolutely shill for the establishment on all sides and are not real investigative journalistic orgs.

There is some truth to that as well, but that is still their right.

The responsibility is on you to find the truth.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Perhaps that's the problem. We over-generalize and lump people together, without asking the individuals about their personal perspective.

I can be guilty of that as well.

Absolutely. I'm not saying it's a good thing or accurate that people are seeing things as only two binary sides: right/left/white nationalist/commies. Lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That video shows self-destruction?

I think Lemon was right on a few points and possibly wrong about Trump wanting to create a new civil war, but I would not call that self-destruction.

Just his biased opinion.

What?

Again, I'm not a fan of Donald Trump -- I don't like him.

That said, Don wasn't right about a single thing he said. The Alt-Right is the KKK, they are literally the same thing. He publicly denounced David Duke, former leader of the KKK and protaganist of the Alt-Right. Trump doesn't want a civil war, Don Lemon does -- he's the one antagonizing it by ignoring the fact that trump has denounced every hate group there is over the last 20 years, and denounced David Duke back when he first popped up on the scene, and again after the VA rally.

And yo, the second Don Lemon started talking about Trump wanting a civil war he started self destructing. The second he started letting a TV judge diagnose him with early onset dementia as a joke/justification of her beliefs and then pretending that it was a legitimate "fact" and reinforcing it by throwing that bit to the panel -- he started self destructing.

None of that is real, none of that is true, none of that is news, none of that is credible, all of that is "hurt feelings" and active attempts at national grandstanding of Trump.

Real talk.

Are there things that Trump has done or is doing that are legitimately bad? Yes. Why aren't they talking about those things? Why are they focusing on this entire made up race thing if not to incite a civil war in lieu of a civil discourse?

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Dude self destructed the first time he took it in recto.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Dude self destructed the first time he took it in recto.

I posted some of the crazy statements last night from CNN. There were 2 triggered panels of experts and a Clapper...live, well into the wee hours of this morning. At 3:00am, CNN "early morning" took the reins and found even more butt-hurt insomniacs to whine and cry.

Couple of Examples: (Panel of 5 lib nutjobs against 2 conservatives)

1. Don Lemon: Trump is unhinged, calling those of us in front of the camera "the media". We're not the media! The corporation that pays us is the media!!

2. Fat African American Heiffer: If he pardons Joe Arpaio, it confirms that Trump is a RACIST! That man should serve every day of his sentence!! Conservative: But OJ Simpson did far worse and he's being let out of prison early!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is just envious that hes not going to prison.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Antifa sleeper cell rising!

#Antifalemonade

Yeah, no. I see a Don with without donmentia, that's something I'm not used to see. Where is my other Don with the attention span of a goldfish? Ya know... the funny guy with a funny navy!
I'm offended to witness someone misusing this name, where is THE REAL DON? This is fake news!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They didn't lose any right to free speech. I said they shouldn't be respected as journalists. Don't twist my words there buddy. The majority of them literally aren't professional journalists. Even if they had been, they don't get to claim the mantel of journalism or be respected as such if they do not uphold the principles and ethics of the trade. That's true for many professions.

Furthermore, journalistic professional principles state that one is not to play the role of propagandist. Their role is partly to provide quality, balanced information to the public so we can have an agentic citizenry. Moreover, they are to act as a check on government.

If you don't have a problem with such organizations, which are where a large percentage of the public their info, manipulating or not providing the real picture, then I don't what to tell you.

If you don't know that they do this, then it's naive and I suggest you do more research.

With all due respect to you, and without animosity, I find it absolutely incredible that on a site like ATS you would get that many stars for basically defending CNN of all things, and saying they are a credible news organization. Makes me really question things on here. In a reply to: introvert

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Why don't you Trump lovers just watch Fox news and there you'll get your Trump loyalist enough.

I think you said that wrong.

It should go like, "if you Trump lovers love Fox so much, why don't you marry it"

Trump just laffs at the media and then slams them.

I find it funny like most if not all supporters do when he makes their heads explode.

Lots of non supporters feel that way too, I bet.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Trump just laffs at the media and then slams them.

Unless you're Megyn Kelly. If you're Megyn Kelly he insinuates something about bleeding and you disappear from the limelight.

At least you don't die ... like you opposed a Clinton. LOL

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I no longer watch CNN, but other stations or internet sources will many times link to them.

Hannity, tonight, has a really enlightening expose on the dishonesty of leftwing media. There were multiple examples of Donald Trump disavowing the KKK and the likes of David Duke all the way back to 1991. Over and over there were clips of Trump disavowing white supremacist groups, the KKK, and hate and bigotry of all kinds!

Yet, the clips of CNN, especially Don Lemon, show an out-of-control bunch of maniacs boldface lying.

This media organization, imo, has this problem and it is obvious if you actually look at facts:

Mass Psychogenic Illness. CNN, MSNBC, and the other foaming-at-the-mouth liberal media are showing signs of serious psychosis. Is an intervention needed by the CDC?
edit on 23-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join