It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s science envoy quits in scathing letter with an embedded message: I-M-P-E-A-C-H

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Most hardcore Trumpsters will love this. Rumor has it, they don't like the science.

More generalized untrue garbage.

Everyone hates when that happens.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
What a weenie!

Here is why he really quit.

The State Department appointed Kammen, an energy professor at the University of California at Berkeley, as one of five U.S. science envoys in February 2016. At the time, Kammen said he would be working on various global energy initiatives, as well as “the wider Paris Accord.”

He used the "DT is a racist" lie being pushed by the left to shine the light on himself and disparage President Trump.
Ah, Berkeley, needn't say no more.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Trump just hires these dumbasses so he can fire them LOL.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I wonder haw many more key characters will quit once Trump pardon's Arpaio?

*Key characters 😆😆😆
edit on 23-8-2017 by Arnie123 because: oops!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So we're forgiving Clapper for committing perjury now because his current lies confirm your biases? That makes perfect sense all things considered.

DC Swamp is losing another swamp creature, I see no downside here.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What's a science guy from Berkeley doing talking about politics?

More importantly, what's a politician from butt# Iowa doing talking about science?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

It's strange because when he is on script and reading those speeches...he can be spot on. But take down the teleprompter and he's full of hate and condemnation of everything that is not "Trump." It spells narcissism to me. Not really a good trait in a leader, in my humble opinion.

I know, I'd much rather have a pretty face, with a nice message saying all the things I like to hear. Knowing what they are actually thinking scares me a bit. Oh, I just had a chill. Brr.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: windword

I wonder haw many more key characters will quit once Trump pardon's Arpaio?

*Key characters 😆😆😆

This will be some balls of steal if he does......and hes going to. As a student of american politics I speak naturally. Personally the left leading PC anything goes emigration and la de da types need this sort of kick back they are so hatefull and control freakish really. This is the only way to fight this BS is not to back down and full speed ahead.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Trump just hires these dumbasses so he can fire them LOL.

Trump didn't hire him. Or didn't you read the article?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's strange because when he is on script and reading those speeches...he can be spot on. But take down the teleprompter and he's full of hate and condemnation of everything that is not "Trump." It spells narcissism to me. Not really a good trait in a leader, in my humble opinion.

I know, I'd much rather have a pretty face, with a nice message saying all the things I like to hear. Knowing what they are actually thinking scares me a bit. Oh, I just had a chill. Brr.

I've been in a battle zone with rifles firing at me...That doesn't scare me as much as knowing how much of this mess the future generations are going to have to fix.

Trump hasn't said anything that scares me...but what he has done is reject any idea that we are responsible for our actions. (Even more so if he pardons sheriff joe.)

In fact, if you listen to his speeches, he's still campaigning. He's so obsessed with himself and the fact that he won, that he's still campaigning against Obama, Hilary, common sense, and for his own ratings. He's a narcissist and a showboat. Great qualities for a TV personality, not great qualities for someone that aspires to be the leader of the free world.
edit on 23-8-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: clarity

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So Trump appointed him in 2016? Didn't realize he was already in charge back then. You learn something new everyday.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I've been in a battle zone with rifles firing at me...That doesn't scare me as much as knowing how much of this mess the future generations are going to have to fix.

Trump hasn't said anything that scares me...but what he has done is reject any idea that we are responsible for our actions. (Even more so if he pardons sheriff joe.)

In fact, if you listen to his speeches, he's still campaigning. He's so obsessed with himself and the fact that he won, that he's still campaigning against Obama, Hilary, common sense, and for his own ratings. He's a narcissist and a showboat. Great qualities for a TV personality, not great qualities for someone that aspires to be the leader of the free world.

I agree he is all those things. But he is also the President of the US. I really don't see what 4 years of him can do to the climate change issue (which is what your OP is about). I don't think we have enough information to be making definitive statements about the climate as it stand now. We don't know how much man is responsible and we don't know that an event in the near future might make the whole climate issue mute. The hubris in thinking we can control the climate is beyond frightening.

But as for Trump, if he is allowed to try to be Trump and not hindered by the left, the right, the middle, congress, the media, and his cabinet, we might see if his ideas can work or not. We have had a lot of years of the same guy with a different name in office. It's time for a change. Even if it's bad.
edit on 24-8-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Where did I say Trump appointed him? Nowhere....go back and check.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I agree he is all those things. But he is also the President of the US. I really don't see what 4 years of him can do to the climate change issue (which is what your OP is about). I don't think we have enough information to be making definitive statements about the climate as it stand now. We don't know how much man is responsible and we don't know that an event in the near future might make the whole climate issue mute. The hubris in thinking we can control the climate is beyond frightening.

But as for Trump, if he is allowed to try to be Trump and not hindered by the left, the right, the middle, congress, the media, and his cabinet, we might see if his ideas can work or not. We have had a lot of years of the same guy with a different name in office. It's time for a change. Even if it's bad.

Trump is President and I don't think I have said anything disparaging about him in this thread.

As far as climate control...I'm not just speaking to that. I'm speaking to leaving the world a better place than we got it. If you lend me your car and I return it to you, covered in dust, leaking oil and with a hole in the exhaust, I didn't take good care of it, right? But if I return it to you with a full tank of gas, washed, and with an oil change that's better right? It's still the same car, but I took care of it. By pulling out of any sort of climate talks, and increasing coal incentives we are effectively dirtying the planet (and not taking care of it.) So 4 years of not going forward might just take us 8 or 12 years to fix...in the meantime there's still current mess to clean up.

If Trump is allowed to be Trump? Well some people like his ideas, I disagree with most of them. Isolationism has never shown to be good for any country...and the whole "America first" agenda will hurt consumers in the long and short run. But then again, I have been fascinated with the collapse of major civilizations like Rome...so maybe I'm just seeing history repeat itself...starring Trump, as Nero.

I will wait and see and take copious notes.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I really don't see what 4 years of him can do to the climate change issue (which is what your OP is about). I don't think we have enough information to be making definitive statements about the climate as it stand now. We don't know how much man is responsible and we don't know that an event in the near future might make the whole climate issue mute. The hubris in thinking we can control the climate is beyond frightening.

problem being when trump is hiring conservative talk show hosts that claim climate is a conspiracy to top science positions, how are they going to help?
until %99 of boffins come out and say climate change isn't happening rather than nutjobs on youtube also trying to convince me of some mandela effect we should err on the side of caution at least.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join