It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Solar Eclipse Images...Better late than never!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Excellent images. I watched it from Casper Wyoming, quite a spectacular event. It was over too soon! Then the traffic began.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Wow! You make me realize how bad my eclipse pictures are. Great shots!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage wow! amazing shots!!! these are the best ones I have seen so far, hands down. Cudos to you for taking such awesome pictures - even in the midst of not having everything you needed!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Very nice, thank you.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

these are fantastic, even if you wish that you could have done better.

You did better than I did...I traveled down to TN to see totality and didn't realize until 3.5 hours into my trip that I forgot my DSLR.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Thank you very much!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

these are fantastic, even if you wish that you could have done better.

You did better than I did...I traveled down to TN to see totality and didn't realize until 3.5 hours into my trip that I forgot my DSLR.

OH OUCH! Yeah luckily I didn't do that...dang did you go back or just viewed it?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Just viewed it and acted like a fool trying to capture anything that I could with an iPhone.

Honestly, thought, if I had my camera, I wouldn't have been able to actually appreciate the experience, so it was probably best, as I wouldn't have caught anything different than anyone else, but seeing totality with the naked eye was wonderful.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Just viewed it and acted like a fool trying to capture anything that I could with an iPhone.

Honestly, thought, if I had my camera, I wouldn't have been able to actually appreciate the experience, so it was probably best, as I wouldn't have caught anything different than anyone else, but seeing totality with the naked eye was wonderful.

You know that was the rub...I actually was doing more scrambling without that cable instead of just enjoying it and experiencing it...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

And we appreciate that you did

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

awsome pic's, overcast day here, so I diddn't get to see anything. thank you.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Quick!

Get over to spaceweather.com as they have some photos on their home page from the Earth to Sky Calculus group. These guys send up weather balloons into the stratosphere to take measurements... and photos.

Right now, they have the umbra of the moon across the US. They say they have a video or the shadow racing across the US that they are processing and will post soon!!

S+F (already, but have to share the cool shots on spaceweather!!)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

These are awesome!! We did drive to a place with totality, but had cloud cover, and didn't get to see the corona firsthand. Still cool, and saw some of it, but no good pics! Nice work. Will share with the family!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That gives just a hint at just how small we are in the totality that is our Universe.

The first line in a poem that I always recall, though not from where:

O God, Thy Sea Is So Great And My Boat Is So Small...

It seems appropriate, somehow.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

These are awesome!! We did drive to a place with totality, but had cloud cover, and didn't get to see the corona firsthand. Still cool, and saw some of it, but no good pics! Nice work. Will share with the family!

Thank you and yes please do!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
These are some absolutely gorgeous photos. Definitely beats the view I had out of the Cheerios box projector I scrambled to make
I also am fairly north from the path of totality, so, it's not like I saw much anyway. Thanks for sharing these with us!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Thank you and yes please do!

Have! Quite nice, and better than some "official" pics, I think, for sharing. Nice to see the corona, too, since we missed it in the cloud cover. Should have driven a little farther, I think. Ah, well! Maybe we can do that next time!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

nice pics.
a british airways pilot took a fantastic pic from up above.
google it, its bound to be knockin about on the net. i have it on whatsapp but dont have the link to it

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

nice pics.
a british airways pilot took a fantastic pic from up above.
google it, its bound to be knockin about on the net. i have it on whatsapp but dont have the link to it

Haven't seen it and googled it...

Thanks though!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Spectacular. Especially the cme...I think that's what it is. Do any photos of the eclipse ever show a vestige of the moon's surface? It has no chiaroscuro, it seems flat black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join