It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who got the facts straight - Trump or The Media: inauguration crowd size

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's apparent that many here on ATS think Trump only speaks the truth and the media only lies.

So I'll be doing a few threads to see who got the facts straight on a few topics.

For this first one, Trump's inauguration numbers.

Trumps Claim: Up to 1.5 million people attended his inauguration and that is was the largest in history. Also claims that the media was lying about the numbers.
To back up this claim, he had Sean Spicer distribute these "facts":

Spicer, Jan. 21: Secondly, photographs of the inaugural proceedings were intentionally framed in a way, in one particular tweet, to minimize the enormous support that had gathered on the National Mall. … We know that from the platform where the President was sworn in, to 4th Street, it holds about 250,000 people. From 4th Street to the media tent is about another 220,000. And from the media tent to the Washington Monument, another 250,000 people. All of this space was full when the President took the Oath of Office. We know that 420,000 people used the D.C. Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 that used it for President Obama’s last inaugural. This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the globe.

Spicer, Jan. 21: We know that 420,000 people used the D.C. Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 that used it for President Obama’s last inaugural.

Media Claim: Trump's inauguration crowd size was not record breaking and not larger than either of Obama's crowds.

The Facts:
Politifact
FactCheck
USA Today

Estimated Inauguration Crowd Size

Comparable Crowd size pictures (which Trump claims are fake)

Metro Ridership Numbers:

TV Viewership:

According to Nielsen, TV viewership for the Trump inauguration — an estimated 31 million people — was about 19 percent below the number that tuned in to watch Obama’s first inauguration in 2009. And it is far below the 41.8 million who tuned in for Ronald Reagan’s first inauguration in 1981.

I'm giving this round solidly to the Media. However, I think to this day that Trump still believes his own claim.

So, for those of you that think Trump always speaks the truth and the media always lies...what is your opinion of this subject?

edit on 23-8-2017 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2017 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Somebody already proved the pictures were from an hour after the ceremonies.

The clock proved it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The clock proved it.

Ok, show me that proof.

I bet you won't.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

If you use the search engine you will avoid crap like this....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
ATS already had the SNIP measuring contest months ago.

Geezus.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Trump lied.

The MSM lied.

Obama Lied.

Bush Lied.

Presidents and media, and people lie, have and will continue too.

That being said, the only real picture that matters, is this one.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Lol, look at how cute you are trying to trigger people over something that is a nothing.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Lol, look at how cute you are trying to trigger people over something that is a nothing.

That happened over 8 months ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Pretty desperate thread. Who the hell even believes that Trump has never lied? Or better yet, who even cares about this?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I almost feel bad for them, I wish I had a participation trophy for th....... Oh wait I found one.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I hope Trump gets his own statue.

That will really trigger them.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Pretty desperate thread. Who the hell even believes that Trump has never lied? Or better yet, who even cares about this?

Some on ATS claim that Trump only speaks the Truth.

And if you want the Truth, you should listen to Trump instead of the Press.

In fact, it is the same people in this thread saying this is an old issue, a desperate thread, or actually still claiming the pictures are false that seem to believe Trump is the Truth Giver.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well one side of this issue is lying.

Trump says it is the Media...who do you think is lying?

And if Trump is the one that is lying and still actively claims it's the Media lying on this issue...can you really ever trust him all the other times he says the Media is lying???

link   
Trump won the election and it became an "egg-nauguration" for Democrats.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The clock proved it.

That doesn't disprove the metro ridership.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

That picture also lies like Trump. He was not elected president remember he lost to Hillary by millions of votes he was given the office thanks to the electoral college.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You are really starting to act in these threads and posts kruphix like the guy who got dumped by his girlfriend and cannot get over it. There were a ton of people there. The press tried to say it was small...like his hands...but it was untrue.

To be honest, 4 people could have showed up and I would care less. I want to know what he is going to do 8 months from now not 8 months ago. I mean, does the crowd at an inauguration really have anything to do with how a president will perform? All he did was call out the press and they got busted and again, cried like babies....like the person who gets dumped.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Black_Fox

That picture also lies like Trump. He was not elected president remember he lost to Hillary by millions of votes he was given the office thanks to the electoral college.

Lol, your funny.

He is the president.
Like it, hate it, either way your dealing with it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well one side of this issue is lying.

They sure do.

Trump haters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join