It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-Weeks out from competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Not sure if this belongs here or not but I wanted to make a post about it somewhere so...

I am competing in an NPC bodybuilding competition on November 4th, 10 weeks out from this coming Monday.
I'm super excited as it's my first competition! I'll be in the bikini division because I didn't have time to bulk enough for figure... those girls are jacked up! So it might end up that I'm too muscular for bikini but not muscular enough for figure.... right in the middle. But that's ok. Once I get this show under my belt I'll do a nice long bulk and go for figure next time.

SO many moving parts to this!

Anyone here ever compete?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I never competed but have a number of friends who did. It's a long grind and many times it ends up disappointing as after all the hard work it comes down to what the judges think.

It's a process so just enjoy the ride. Most of all, best of luck to you!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Thanks! I'm a gym rat and long time health & fitness nut so I'm having a great time so far. I start my official prep (cut) this coming Monday and I'm looking forward to leaning out and letting my muscles pop! I understand that for bikini I'm being judged on the entire package... muscle / fitness / overall health / hair / make up / suit / posing / confidence. I'm super confident and competitive so... and hey, even if I don't place it's worth the work and the experience! But yeah.. the work involved... the dedication and discipline is off the charts!

And I love it!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Send some of that discipline my way! I'm just returning from vacation and spinning my wheels here. I have no problem with training (other than working around injury) but it's the diet that's killing me.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
No experience with this sort'a thing but hey, that sounds pretty Jazzy and I hope you enjoy the whole experience, the process of training, and diet, and whatever else it entails, and the experience of the competition itself no matter how you fare.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The New England Championships in "Bahstan" ? I was curious what NPC meant... I did notice "Bottoms must be a 'V' design; NO thongs.." thats where I peeled out.. hahahaha

I'd opine it would be like any competition, once the body is in line then the mind needs to line up, so when/if You get fatigued polishing up before the contest, I'd look into some "Meditation" Meditation is GREAT just sitting there but in this common passerby's opinion, the benefits are increased when done in concert w/body movement. I once lifted many weights and got quite strong, in elementary school one of My teachers claimed I had "retard strength" it was the 70's but broke My back/neck at work in 2001 and started Meditating to keep Me from going full-on crazy..

I'd do a "Manifestation Meditation" and then a 'Recovery binaural beats Meditation' during sleep..

Best of Luck..

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Haha! It's always hard to get back on track after a vacation! And you're not alone, most people struggle with the nutrition part! Just have to weigh and measure, log and track, read your labels, control your portions and avoid trigger foods... simple! haha

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

NPC is National Physique Committee and yes it's the New England show in BOSTON

and yeah... no thongs haha! They are a professional organization!

I don't know that I could get into meditation, all that sitting around meditating would drive me crazy! I do yoga now and thena and it's okay for a good stretch... I think I'l be okay... I can do anything in 10 weeks!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I only gained 2 lbs on vacation! But yeah, you're right, I have to get back to logging and tracking what I eat. What is a trigger food?

You're motivating me to get my butt back in gear! I wonder if you would share some diet ideas? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post here.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well the good news is that 2 LBs is most likely water weight and you'll drop that fairly quickly.

I am glad I can motivate you... my only wish and desire is that I can inspire or motivate just one person every day in some way. If I can do that I am a happy girl!

I am happy to share nutritional ideas with you. My first rule is I don't call it a diet because that implies an end date

Can you share some information with me first? either here or PM.. up to you...

Are you on any kind of special nutritional plan like Vegan, low carb, keto, paleo? What is your main goal... to lose weight? maintain at a certain weight? Do you have allergies or intolerance / restrictions to certain food(s)? Do you have any conditions physical or otherwise that would prevent you from shopping, cooking, food prepping, exercising? Do you get regular exercise? and if so, how many times per week? how many hours per session? Cardio? Weights? both?

and yes... I am a master licensed nutritionist and I carry insurance.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Thanks very much. I taught Group Fitness for about 20 years so I totally get the motivation thing. What I'm looking to do is something SUSTAINABLE which plays into your not calling it a diet. My goal is to drop about 10 lbs or so. I'll PM you the rest.

new topics

top topics

join