It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats criticize Trump for ‘empty promises on border wall’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It'll work out. In a few years when there is no middle class workers anymore, something will give. Most can still make the paycheck stretch to next pay day. The stock market is richer than ever, so we all feel hopeful that will be"me" one day. But,they need more, poor things keep saying on CNBC. And our kids have a future in Afghanistan.

You just can't fix stupid, so let The GOP have it. They have it all now. Why aren't you pleading with them to fix the fascist? They brag how they are the party that upholds The Constitution.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

They cannot fix the fascist, because they are part and parcel of it. There are dyed in the wool, and there are appeasers, but there are no enemies of fascism currently operating at the highest levels of governance. Pleading with them to fix fascism is like asking them if they wouldn't mind cutting off their own arms. It might be the right thing to do, but the current administration is not going to do it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You do know how Mexicans get into the US don't you?

Actually, I do.
As an American citizen I had the chance to sit on a Federal Strike Force Grand Jury that dealt with human trafficking. Every case that we handled involved crossing the Mexican/US border on foot and not at an official border crossing.
There are groups with systems in place that charge illegal immigrants to bring them into the US from Central America and Mexico. They arrange for them to get fraudulent ID cards and work once they are in the US, often times in order for the immigrant to pay off money that is owed to the human traffickers.

edit on b000000312017-08-24T08:33:58-05:0008America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 08:33:58 -0500800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

"There are consequences to elections".

I think Trump's opponents are doing what they can do within the law.

We can't force the electorate to vote a certain way.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

No you cannot. But as a citizen you have the right to associate, you also have the right to protest, you also have the right to defend yourself. You have the ability to vote for local government which will do its best to counter the worst excesses of central government. You have the ability to speak your mind, and be vocal everywhere, on the street and on the web, about what you believe and how you want your society to grow.

You have the right to fear nothing in the doing of these things, to refuse to be intimidated, to refuse to retreat, or even look away.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
TrueBrit. Have you read the threads about Nazis, and how Americans are trying very hard to"normalize" that philosophy. This same people call us Nazis for doing what you suggested.

You can't fix stupid, just wait it out.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Though my post wasn't directed at you, I did mention that it would most likely be desperate people going that route. Uneducated and poverty stricken people.

Can you confirm or deny this is the main way of entering the US?

I'm aware of human traffickers, only desperate and/or delusional people use them.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

hate to be "that guy"....but that isn't a source for anything other than gossip and rallying troops.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

"There are consequences to elections".

I think Trump's opponents are doing what they can do within the law.

We can't force the electorate to vote a certain way.

No. But lying to them seems to work.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Where did I state that no people enter the US by this method?

I never said no people enter the US on foot, tunnel, boat, camel, dragon... Non of that.

I said either desperate people or people smuggling things will most likely choose such a risky route.

DESPERATE or SMUGGLERS.

Apologies for the caps but I just wanted it to stand out what I said. In no way did I say it doesn't happen.

I mean for goodness sake... Say you want a bottle of soda, what's your first action?

Steal the Soda? Break the law?

No, you'd see if you've got the money to purchase, if you don't you'll attempt to acquire some funds. You'll exhaust all other options before thinking screw it I'll break the law.

Do you think a Mexican wakes up one day and thinks "damn, today is a good day to get involved with people and contraband smugglers and illegally enter the US" because I don't.

Only desperate people, smugglers and I'll add retarded people as well, these are the people who decide to enter the US illegally.

I don't need to spend a second on your border, I understand human instinct.

I don't know that a wall is the answer, but doing nothing is NOT the answer.

I happen to agree with you, I briefly mentioned an alternative.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join