It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats criticize Trump for ‘empty promises on border wall’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Following a week that saw the Republican president wholeheartedly tethering his brand to neo-Nazi white supremacists — resulting in near universal condemnation and tens of thousands of people taking to American streets to denounce bigotry and hatred — Democrats were in a better position than ever to capitalize on opposition momentum and present themselves as the party of integrity, racial unity, and tolerance. Instead they decided to send out an email condemning the president’s “empty promises” to build a wall along the Mexican border and make them pay for it.

Source

Just in case anyone thought I'm not critical of both major parties I present to you this little piece of news I came across. Proving that the DNC are just as out-of-touch with their voters (if not more so) as the GOP they've had a glorious week of f***-up.

After a terrible few weeks for Trump how does the DNC decide to take him to task in an email? By criticizing him for not getting the border wall built. A project that almost everyone on the Left is opposed to and they single this out as seemingly his biggest failing. Really? They have a myriad of other flaws and failings they could have brought up.

But things don't end there. On top of the email the DNC also sent out some donation requests this week. Illustrating a complete lack of common sense or even a grasp on reality the DNC decided the best way to design these requests would be to make them look like collection notices. The DNC is already having trouble with the working class. Do they really think the best way to gain their support is by tricking and/or mocking those people that are living paycheck to paycheck and having trouble with their bills?

I think it's pretty clear that at this point both parties are nothing more than corporate puppets. Maybe those anarchists actually do have the right idea.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

trump threatens government shut down, over wall funding.

finance.yahoo.com...

edit on 23-8-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So now they want the wall?

Ha. I swear to God it's a competition to see who is most out of touch with their voter base.
What a joke.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What kind of 'X'D chess is this...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So now they want the wall?

I don't think so.

They are just pointing out his lie/failure.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He's threatening to shut down government if taxpayers don't pay for it. And pay for a yuge tax cut for the rich. Is that what you want?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

"Democracy is the best political system of slavery ever invented. In a democracy, the slaves believe that they are "free" and have a "voice" in their affairs. Thus, they are willing slaves and, as such, the possibility of a revolt is much less than in an overt system of slavery." - Christopher S Hyatt, 'The Psychopath's Bible'

2 parties one coin and 300+ million slaves...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wait I thought Mexico was going to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't care if the wall is free of charge, a donation from Bill Gates or whomever. It's pointless.

Human beings can overcome walls. A literal line drawn in the sand would be as effective at keeping illegals out.

As far as the "left" giving him hell about not getting it done - of course they are, it's politics. Point out the failures of the "other side". Although there are no sides. Just a mess.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I definitely agree that both parties are ultimately just corporate-controlled stooges--the yin and yang of TPTB, if you will.
They like to keep us divided and under the illusion that one side or the other can actually win.

That said, it does crack me up that Trump is threatening to shut down the government if he doesn't get that idiotic wall funded. I thought Mexico was going to pay for it? (Scary how many of his mindless moonies actually believe that.)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

The wall will be useless seeing most illegals fly in on visitor visas...gonna have to be a high wall to stop that.
Just another false promise which the Trumpalumpas fell for.

link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Wait I thought Mexico was going to pay for it.

Go do some research on the NAFTA negotiations...

link   

I think it's pretty clear that at this point both parties are nothing more than corporate puppets.

And THAT, may be the most important truth that still has to sink into the American political mentality.
I applaud our fellow citizens who rightly demonize those in government tho thrive and get rich from government service. And how do they get rich? From pauper's donations? To a degree I am pretty sure. But mostly it is from their corporate masters, shelling out and funneling them boat loads of money to do their business instead of ours.

Yes, we need to keep an eye on government but it is only a tool. It is who is wielding the tool that matters most.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've never understood to build a physical wall. It would be ugly since no one really wants to put money on it. Why not a digital one. Posts with inferred cameras. Drones fling around like patrols. Ground radar to find the countless tunnels which if the wall is built won't stop them. Stupid. All of this. Just stupid.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

In one of Jim Marrs's books (apologies, I can't remember which one, offhand), he points out that in Nazi Germany, the state took over the corporations. In America, the corporations have taken over the state. And the result is pretty much the same.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Thanks for realizing the hippocricy of this event. He is damned if he builds it, and damned if he doesn't. It's almost like,..........they just don't like him and will find any excuse at all to smear him. I know, that sounds like the rants of a crazy person, but I never said I was sane.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
I've never understood to build a physical wall. It would be ugly since no one really wants to put money on it. Why not a digital one. Posts with inferred cameras. Drones fling around like patrols. Ground radar to find the countless tunnels which if the wall is built won't stop them. Stupid. All of this. Just stupid.

This along with armed guard towers in heavy traffic areas. I'm not saying to shoot them all, but if you try to climb into a military installation, you accept that you may get shot, post the same signs at the border. " Use of Deadly force Authorized. Enter at your own risk."

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

In one of Jim Marrs's books (apologies, I can't remember which one, offhand), he points out that in Nazi Germany, the state took over the corporations. In America, the corporations have taken over the state. And the result is pretty much the same.

Indeed. And adding to that is the often overlooked knowledge that major funders of Hitler were foreign industrialists like
Ford who wanted a bulwark between their corporate power and the tide of communism that was threatening those German corporations.

As I see it, the German state take over of German corporations was just a glitch in the overall plan of corporate domination of the world.

While we squabble over democrat and republican issues, both parties are playing right into the hands, not of American corporations, but rather what corporations have become. International corporations that owe no allegiance to the nations that birthed them. Those corporations will do whatever it takes to insure their bottom line even if that means betraying the nation that bent over backwards supporting their trickle down lies.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Democrats criticize Trump for ‘empty promises on border wall’

Hey everyone ?

Trump's bad for not building something his critics never wanted in the first place!

American politics makes a rock look smart by comparison.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You do know how Mexicans get into the US don't you?

I know a Mexican, he's a US citizen now. He has been for a while, he didn't go swimming the Rio grande or hopping border fences.

You're either desperate or smuggling something if you go that route. A work visa, a visitors visa, sponsorship or even asylum seeking are much better and safer methods of entering the US.

Building a wall is retarded, anyone who thinks it would work are lacking too.

Honestly, the world doesn't work like that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join