It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela was a racist who promoted killing of whites....Remove his statutes!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

I've heard the rumours, had a few enlightening conversations in regards to the IRA too.

Regardless, on the face of things the violence stopped for the majority. A stream of constant trade between the Irelands exist. A union exists. Albeit a one that could easily be threatened.

Recent political unions have me a tad bit worried too... But that's for another thread.

The EU has done a lot for terrorist organisations willing to change, even if they keep their manifesto in secret, they've changed. Times have changed.

The likes of ETA and the IRA can achieve much more with politics than violence. Less death is generally a good thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

First and foremost I will qualify my opinion with facts:

I am a white male, somewhat left-leaning socially but ever more right leaning given what I see as a general malaise in society re. social breakdown and a seeming willingness to drag so-called civilised societies down into uncivilized territory.

Having given my standpoint...
What the hell happened to perspective?

Nelson Mandela lived, or rather suffered, under an extremely oppressive racist regime that is pretty much recognised by any person with a pair of braincells.

Prison for years, friends tortured and killed...

I would understand the need for anger and even hatred in his case. The injustices were massive.

Now perhaps the US did it all wrong, maybe they tried to just integrate all the disaffected and make society homogeneous without a cathartic moment, who knows?

You can't just take historic figures and use them as political fodder for US arguments.

I just think the US should try to come to terms with the fact that there is a lot of anger and find a way to address that, because it will be addressed anyway. Perhaps there needs to be some kind of redress, I couldn't say, but something needs to be done.

Best of luck.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Star for u agreed !

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is for South Africans to decide. Statues of Cecil Rhodes and Andries Pretorius have been taken down as symbols of White oppression. Whites have become an increasingly smaller percentage of the population over the last 100 years as Africans poured in from all over the continent seeking a better quality of life. What was once one of the most prosperous and robust economies in the world has shrunk over the last 30 years to the point of near bankruptcy. There are more people with aids and more illegal immigrants in the country now than there are Whites. Unemployment across all races continues to rise.

According to Genocide Watch South Africa is 1 step out of 6 away from having actual genocide. Crime is out of control and White farmers are often gruesomely murdered with estimates of 70,000 just since 1994. President Zuma along with Mandela have been filmed publicly singing a song called "kill the Boer". Zuma hints that land confiscation without compensation may happen soon. Whites in South Africa are being backed in to a corner and threatened with slaughter while the rest of the world seems to take no notice, thinking somehow the "rainbow nation" is just fine since racial parity has been achieved.

The world acted collectively through trade embargoes and divestment to force South Africa to end apartheid policies. It's time the world did the same again to ensure that genocide of Whites never happens. Damn the statues, too many real people are becoming victims of violence.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What statue of Nelson Mandela is on public grounds in the US?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

"Genocide Watch" is a right-wing propaganda outfit, not a partisan group that is actually concerned with preventing genocide.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The problem is and it's more apparent now with the ease of research on the Internet.

The problem is that non of us are perfect, we all have flaws and usually the most heroic amongst us, those that risk it all to make a huge difference and lead nations and wars and movements, those are the most flawed. There are no "supermen". Yet, we expect them from our leaders.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Genocide Watch" is a right-wing propaganda outfit, not a partisan group that is actually concerned with preventing genocide.

According to who?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

better be careful you might piss someone off and get yourself a necklace.

Necklacing was used by the black community to punish its members who were perceived as collaborators with the apartheid government.[4] These included black policemen, town councilors and others, as well as their relatives and associates.The practice was often carried out in the name of the African National Congress, although the ANC executive body condemned it.[5][6] In 1986 Winnie Mandela, then-wife of the imprisoned Nelson Mandela, stated "With our boxes of matches and our necklaces we shall liberate this country" which was widely seen as an implicit endorsement of necklacing,[7] which at the time caused the ANC to distance itself from her,[8] although she later took on a number of official positions within the party.[8] The number of deaths per month in South Africa related to political unrest as a whole from 1992 through 1995 ranged from 54 to 605 and averaged 244.[9] These figures are inclusive of massacres as well as deaths not attributed to necklacing.
Neckacing

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My mistake. It's not Genocide Watch I was thinking of, it was something similarly named that tries to model itself off Genocide Watch except it's not. Sorry about that!
edit on 2017-8-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No worries, it's easy to get confused in this era of practically everything having an agenda and being accused of something.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

My mistake. It's not Genocide Watch I was thinking of, it was something similarly named that tries to model itself off Genocide Watch except it's not. Sorry about that!

If you were thinking Jihadwatch.

Would racists by any other name get ignored as much?

RACISTS! 'White' Supremacists!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Feel free to ask any White South African what is going on there. I have spoken with several and even those who voted to end apartheid are worried about things going South. Bad things are going on there and the rest of world isn't even watching.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I honestly haven't spent much time paying attention to it either. US politics has pretty much eclipsed everything for two years now. I'm going to spend some time getting abreast of the topic.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I was in south africa from 1986-1990. Mandela was a terrorist and terrorist organizer for the Marxist ANC. They killed innocents, we simply ended terrorists, in my case coming across borders with guns, sniper rifles and makeshift limpet mines (pipe bombs and their raw materials) or on the electrified fences. It was a necessary evil. Every dead terrorist represents between 1-100,000 people who will not die or be horribly injured at that hands of people with no conscience. When fw deklerk, a bought man and many consider a traitor released prisoner 46664, Mandela, in February of 1990 I made my plans to leave. I knew south africa would die quickly after general elections were held and true to form it has. I talked a long time with my CO, Magnus and officers about how rapid the decline would be, by 1996 south africa was the most dangerous country in the world, apart from active waring countries. Farm murders, a deliberate genocide continued unabated for years and it still goes on as well.

The US ran two programs in south africa, the public program denounced south africa and demanded Mandela's release at the behest of the UN and IMF. Then there was the private program, the one where the US was providing weapons, recon and logistical support to the benefit of south africa and unita in the Angola war (was there), weapon technology transfers (was there) and of course the UN weapons embargo breaking of shipping weapons to Saddam (inked at oliphants game farm, our pilot flew our side and the US's side) during a UN weapons embargo. Just so you know I admit to both sides of this nasty business.

Back to Mandela, Winnie (3 counts of rape/murder of minors and 87 counts of fraud, theft, larceny and embezzlement, if I remember right) was the vile cow who dreamt up necklacing, a practice approved and promoted by Nelson Mandela. You ever seen someone die being necklaces? I have and I've seen a lot more that I can't unsee. Things that terrorists do to people, it's just obscene.

Nelson Mandela and his ex-wife were/are monsters, pure unadulterated evil. The people who weren't there don't have a clue. They didn't live it and therefore their opinions mean nothing. If I were called to task to kill those who kill innocents again, I would if I were able, but we all get old. However you never forget how to ride that "bike". You may not be able to ride that 100 miles a day, but you can ride that single mile when you have to.

For me, it's sad that I had to do what we did, but terrorism in all its forms, whether public or private sector has to be confronted head on and ended. The false narratives of people like Mandela should be erased from history with only the truth remaining.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/23.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I think we should take all these statues and put them in a museum.

They are art if nothing else.

If people don't want them up in their towns, fine. But there is no need to smash them up. Just put them somewhere else to view them.

Seems a waste of someones hard work.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well whatever you may think of the Genocide Watch site,as a South African i can tell you it's true that tens of thousands of farmers have been slaughtered in the most demonic ways since 1994.I can also tell that it is not limited to farmers - business people,shop owners,travellers on the country's roads,people just being at home or going about their daily lives have been hijacked,robbed,raped,assaulted,beaten,tortured and murdered.Thousands.Sorry if offends your lefty liberal sensibilities but it is the truth.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

THE ANC’S VICTIMS WERE MOSTLY CIVILIANS: 1981 – 2 car bombs at Durban showrooms 1983 – Church Street Bomb (killed 19, wounded 217) 1984 – Durban car bomb (killed 5, wounded 27) 1985-1987 – At least 150 landmines on farm roads (killed 125) 1985 – Amanzimtoti Sanlam shopping centre bomb Dec 23 (killed 2 white women and 3 white children) 1986 – Magoo’s Bar bomb (killed 3, wounded 69) 1986 – Newcastle Court bomb (wounded 24) 1987 – Johannesburg Court bomb (killed 3, wounded 10) 1987 – Wits command centre car bomb (killed 1, wounded 68) 1988 – Johannesburg video arcade (killed 1 unborn baby, wounded 10) 1988 – Roodepoort bank bomb (killed 4, wounded 18) 1988 – Pretoria Police housing unit, 2 bombs (wounded 3) 1988 – Magistrate’s Court bomb (killed 3) 1988 – Benoni Wimpy Bar bomb (killed 1, wounded 56) 1988 – Witbank shopping centre bomb (killed 2, wounded 42) 1988 – Ellis Park Rugby Stadium car bomb (killed 2, wounded 37) Late 1980s – numerous Wimpy Restaurant bombs (killed many, wounded many)

sorry to point out your ineptitude and stupidity but mandela was in prison for all of those.
using a neo-nazi promoting vlogger from youtube might be your problem.
try harder.

0/10

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

Your post makes no sense at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Denying Ignorance at ATS these days means waving the confederate flag and calling non Trump supporters snowflakes. I find it sad that this place has become a trove of angry white nationalists, without a thought in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join