It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela was a racist who promoted killing of whites....Remove his statutes!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

You guys are just as ridiculous as those people that whine about the statues.

They're just pieces of rock.

Just gives both sides of the argument something to whine about that is pretty pointless, in my opinion.

Why should I care either way?
edit on 23-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You guys are just as ridiculous as those people that whine about the statues.

Their pieces of rock.

Just gives both sides of the argument something to whine about.

Why should I care either way?

Exactly why I made this post....To point out how ridiculous this whole tear down statutes of history movement is.

Glad you agree with me that the statutes should stay as a reminder of our past and to not repeat it!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

Wut? There is, as far as I know, only one statue in the U.S. to Mandela and it's outside of the South African embassy in Washington, D.C.

sweet are you offering to hook it to a truck and rip it down??? I'm all for it!!

TEAR THEM ALL DOWN!!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Dude.

The point is he renounced his ways. He worked towards peace and co-operation. In a sense, like Martin McGuinness, a person high up in the IRA turned peacemaker.

Hated by most, loved by some.

Mandela was a terrorist, so was McGuinness.

The point is that they worked hard towards stopping violence. For the most part they accomplished their goals.

Apartheid is over, blacks hold positions of power and are no longer held to account nor restricted due to skin colour.

Ireland suffers a power-sharing peace, no longer does sectarian values put into order how their nations work.

Nobody who knows a bit history thinks that Mandela or McGuinness are stand up guys, we know they were terrorists. They attempted to redeem themselves.

Did they?

We'll, they achieved things unheard of 20 years prior to the power-sharing or end of apartheid.

Nazi?

Go look up the definition of Nazi.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
the Ghandi-like man that he was portrayed to be in American mainstream media.

The original "Mandela Effect," repeat a false history and heap undeserved accolades on someone frequently enough, and people start to believe the BS, effectively altering history.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Spider879

No?? ..False equivalence, he worked with whites all his life, even in his darkest moments, it was about racist white ppl, the ANC was not the PNC one settler one bullet and thank goodness, and as for Communist???. You get your support from where ever, the west was on the side of racist who dehumanized ppl of color, and especially murderous towards Blk ppl..Sharpville??

so you support Mandela and his racist views? And it's ok to get support from communists as long as they are supporting you??

Thanks for clarifying!!!
cheers:

Support his racism??? Dude his org. That he helped founded, was one dedicated to multiracial society, his fellow inmates on Robin Island bares that out...now you may not like his politics, but the original ANC charter is still available,
Again you get help from wherever, it is a fact that Castro , Ho Chi Minh and others reached out to America first before being rebuffed by the West and sought help from the otherside They didn't start as Commies and at the end of the day post apartheid S.A did not adopt that model.

edit on 23-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Nazi?

My point exactly....all these people calling Trump a Nazi and Trump supporters Nazi's are idiots...All these people wanting to tear down historical statues because of their feelings are idiots as well....

I just figured since everyone was throwing the term around so willy nilly I would do the same....Is this not good for the gander?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Thank you for posting this.A lot of people think he was a saint which he certainly was not. As a South African,i have to say though,after the transfer of power in1994,he is credited with preventing a bloodbath and the country going up in flames.Next to Thabo Mbeki and that idiot Jacob Zuma he was the much better prez,that is a fact no one can deny.I can forgive him for his actions and also omission of actions during that era,it was a different time and my country was a different place than now.What i cannot and will not forgive is how the world turned their backs on millions of innocent white South Africans who had nothing to do with apartheid,and will sit idly by while they will be slaughtered.

We'll said lady, we'll said

The world did turn it's back on white South Africans. I know two SA citizens personally, one of Dutch descent and the other English, many of their friends and family left after 1994, their world was shook and future stability was in doubt.

It was eye opening for me to learn about your nations history. I'd stand by a South African any day. Afrikaan or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Exactly why I made this post....To point out how ridiculous this whole tear down statutes of history movement is.

And I made my post to state how ridiculous the other side is as well.

Glad you agree with me that the statutes should stay as a reminder of our past and to not repeat it!!!

I don't care if they stay or go. So I do not agree with you.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Stupid thread

Its a statue.. that reminds us of our history.
A artwork.. not a living thing.
We do not need to censur human history.. we need to remember it !

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Stupid thread

Its a statue.. that reminds us of our history.
A artwork.. not a living thing.
We do not need to censur human history.. we need to remember it !

this thread was created to point out the stupidity already being displayed with removing civil war statutes...Thanks for agreeing with me!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

My point exactly....all these people calling Trump a Nazi and Trump supporters Nazi's are idiots...All these people wanting to tear down historical statues because of their feelings are idiots as well.... 

I won't play that game, I'm a lover of history. I try to learn from it. So I don't visit the past with rose-tinted glasses.

The statues should stay. Our personal feelings shouldn't be a stain on our collective past.

I just figured since everyone was throwing the term around so willy nilly I would do the same....Is this not good for the gander? 

Personally I think those that throw the word Nazi around are dishonoring the past and our ancestors.

It's belittling.

Germans were hard done by, the world screwed them over after WWI. Nazism should stand as a stalk reminder that we should never belittle or extort a person or a group of people such as a nation.

For humans are truly destructive and once desperate, can be a scourge upon history.

We water down a truly horrific part of history when calling each other nazis.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I don't care if they stay or go.

By not caring you're condoning....AKA you agree.

Don't worry it's ok to agree with a Trump supporter or ALT RIGHT or Nationalist or whatever tag name you have created for us these days....Don't worry your lefty friends will not abandon you right away...just keep saying we don't agree and it should be ok....hopefully they don't beat you with a stick for agreeing with the right....

Oh man you're in trouble .

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

By not caring you're condoning....AKA you agree.

I think the people in the areas where the statues are have the right to choose whether the statues stay or go. So, no. I do not agree with your assertion.

Don't worry it's ok to agree with a Trump supporter or ALT RIGHT or Nationalist or whatever tag name you have created for us these days

I've not created any tag for you. Don't be ridiculous.

Don't worry your lefty friends will not abandon you right away...just keep saying we don't agree and it should be ok....hopefully they don't beat you with a stick for agreeing with the right....

Oh man you're in trouble .

Um...ok?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I think the people in the areas where the statues are have the right to choose whether the statues stay or go. So, no. I do not agree with your assertion.

Good point but the people voting and deciding on the statutes in a public forum are not happening.

sooooo...

Do you think that decision should be made by mob rule on the street? If not do you think the people responsible for damage to public property should be arrested and thrown in jail? I'm really curious on your opinion considering some of your past stances here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Thank you for posting this.A lot of people think he was a saint which he certainly was not. As a South African,i have to say though,after the transfer of power in1994,he is credited with preventing a bloodbath and the country going up in flames.Next to Thabo Mbeki and that idiot Jacob Zuma he was the much better prez,that is a fact no one can deny.I can forgive him for his actions and also omission of actions during that era,it was a different time and my country was a different place than now.What i cannot and will not forgive is how the world turned their backs on millions of innocent white South Africans who had nothing to do with apartheid,and will sit idly by while they will be slaughtered.

We'll said lady, we'll said

The world did turn it's back on white South Africans. I know two SA citizens personally, one of Dutch descent and the other English, many of their friends and family left after 1994, their world was shook and future stability was in doubt.

It was eye opening for me to learn about your nations history. I'd stand by a South African any day. Afrikaan or not.

So the vast majority of South Africa's plights mean dick to you , only the relatively small number of White South Africans found themselves among pauperized Blacks shook u??...

Exclusively White ruled South Africa had over 200yrs to get it right..multi-culti ruled S.A is what??? 30yrs if that long.
edit on 23-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The only purpose these statues are good for right now, is that they currently give the animals something to play with.
Yes animals, I've seen the way these animals act. And that includes white, black, Hispanic and maybe a martain or two..

But what people either don't know, or do know and wont admit, is eventually these animals are going to run out of statues, and then what's the new target?

How far down the list before these animals turn their attention to people?

Chanting, protesting and arguing, will give way to wide scale violence.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Dude.

The point is he renounced his ways. He worked towards peace and co-operation. In a sense, like Martin McGuinness, a person high up in the IRA turned peacemaker.

Hated by most, loved by some.

Mandela was a terrorist, so was McGuinness.

The point is that they worked hard towards stopping violence. For the most part they accomplished their goals.

Apartheid is over, blacks hold positions of power and are no longer held to account nor restricted due to skin colour.

Ireland suffers a power-sharing peace, no longer does sectarian values put into order how their nations work.

Nobody who knows a bit history thinks that Mandela or McGuinness are stand up guys, we know they were terrorists. They attempted to redeem themselves.

Did they?

We'll, they achieved things unheard of 20 years prior to the power-sharing or end of apartheid.

Nazi?

I'm from Belfast mcguinness wasn't a man of peace trust me they still exist in the shadows jus letting other groups do ther dirty work while they give approval .
Anyways on topic he was racist maul his statue idc either way ..

edit on 23 8 17 by robbeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No.

It was a cultural shock to South Africa. Trade, international diplomacy... Everything changed after Apartheid.

Exclusively White ruled South Africa had over 200yrs to get it right

Now that's a very inconsiderate comment. Considering those white people were not always a whole. Germans, Dutch and British, plus many other Europeans lived in South Africa. They fought each other too.

It's like me saying Egyptians, Namibians, Zambians and Ethiopians are all the same because of skin colour.

Ridiculous.

multi-culti ruled S.A is what??? 30yrs if that long.

Yeah? Funny, the Indians are still hard done by, I hear bunny chow is popular but not Indians as much.

South Africa still has mega shanty cities.

Anyways, my point is that white South Africans were marginalised, of which most were totally innocent. Ostracised due to skin colour.

It's wrong coming from any angle.

As said, I'd stand by South Africans any day of the week, regardless of colour. The north of South Africa is still the wild west, blacks, whites and Asians too stand together to man that front. They understand that law and order can fall, chaos cares not about your skin colour.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Good point but the people voting and deciding on the statutes in a public forum are not happening.

That is what should be happening. Not removing them due to public outrage only.

If you agree with that, you agree with me.

Do you think that decision should be made by mob rule on the street?

No.

If not do you think the people responsible for damage to public property should be arrested and thrown in jail?

Sure. I think many of those that have pulled down statues are being held accountable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join