It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Turnabout is fair play. He most certainly is not controlling the press nor is he violating their ability to publish.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Turnabout is fair play. He most certainly is not controlling the press nor is he violating their ability to publish.

He is when he knows his fanboys believe everything he says. With great power comes with great responsibility.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

However your ok with the media leading folks around by their bias? You didn't say that but I'm assuming.

The man is still an American with free speech.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

However your ok with the media leading folks around by their bias? You didn't say that but I'm assuming.

The man is still an American with free speech.

The whole media, both right and left, have biases of course. That is without saying.

Of course he still is an American with free speech.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Then where does his free speech cross over into censorship?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Then where does his free speech cross over into censorship?

Still missing my point? *Sighs*

I'll try my best to explain.
Your friend tells you that the other person is telling lies about him and asks you not to listen to him. You believe him. He has succeed in turning your attention away from that person.
That is exactly what Trump is doing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It's the exact same thing the media does. As i said, turnabout is fair play.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It's the exact same thing the media does. As i said, turnabout is fair play.

Sighs.
Well I guess you are ok with the president abusing his power and accusing others of lying about him when they may be telling truth about him and fanboys like you believe him.
I'll chose to ignore Trump's twitter rants and listen to both sides of the media and shift through biases.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Seriously? Fan boy?

Alright then, you don't like what he says and now are fully prepared to follow the MSM down their victim path. Maybe you should donate. Help them fight the establishment!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Find it ironic that Trump a proven liar, calls the news media that doesn't support him liars...

That is fascism 101 right there.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Seriously? Fan boy?

Alright then, you don't like what he says and now are fully prepared to follow the MSM down their victim path. Maybe you should donate. Help them fight the establishment!

If you are not a fanboy then I apologize. I hope you agree that Trump lying to his fanboys when he knows they will believe anything he says is abusing his power? No different from televangelists telling lies to their fanboys?

Following the MSM down their victim path? What are you talking about? I would say the same about Trump fanboys following it down their victim path as well.
And aren't we fighting the establishment?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carabao
Find it ironic that Trump a proven liar, calls the news media that doesn't support him liars...

That is fascism 101 right there.

Goebbels would be so proud.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Serious question, are you new to politics and politicians? Granted some are much better than others about how they go about obfuscating the truth. Trump, not so much. However simply because Trump has lied doesn't mean that he is always lying. Same is true with the media. They can all exist in the same reality.

I don't feel one bit bad for the media taking heat from the POTUS. Even now they continue in their endeavors.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

New to politics and politicans? Stupid question. Sorry.
Anyway I am just trying to point out that Trump is irresponsible. I would say the same for Obama and others if they do this. I am sure right-wingers here would agree with me about Obama since they usually deflect to him anyway, which actually proves my point.
He is free to criticize press all he wants. Just as I am free to criticize him all I want and call him out for lying to his fans. And I don't feel one bit bad for the POTUS taking heat from the media.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

For the record, you brought up Obama. Obama had the media in his corner. To say otherwise was to be cast into a pit with the rest of the racists and birthers and whatever other labels you wish to distance yourself from.

He is free to criticize press all he wants. Just as I am free to criticize him all I want and call him out for lying to his fans. And I don't feel one bit bad for the POTUS taking heat from the media.

I'm in complete agreement.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Anyway I am just trying to point out that Trump is irresponsible. I would say the same for Obama and others if they do this. I am sure right-wingers here would agree with me about Obama since they usually deflect to him anyway, which actually proves my point.

As you shouldn't. Likewise no one ahould bad about the media taking heat from the focus of their concern, the media's bread-basket, the POTUS.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Obama had the media in his corner. To say otherwise was to be cast into a pit with the rest of the racists and birthers and whatever other labels you wish to distance yourself from. 

See? That is him being irresponsible. Just like Trump.

And all of us always have common grounds.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

As you shouldn't. Likewise no one ahould bad about the media taking heat from the focus of their concern, the media's bread-basket, the POTUS.

I would like to see the right-wing media take the heat as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

For the record, you brought up Obama. Obama had the media in his corner. To say otherwise was to be cast into a pit with the rest of the racists and birthers and whatever other labels you wish to distance yourself from.

I'm in complete agreement.

Yes it's amazing that the most anti-media administration in decades received no attention for its repressive activities, yet one guilty of the crime of criticism is said to be against the first amendment. This proves that no actual principle concerns them. They are in it only for the sake of demonization.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

I would like to see the right-wing media take the heat as well.

Fox News and Brietbart are the most vilified outlets. They have been taking heat since they started.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join