It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

After our exchange I fail to see the point of your thread anymore...can you consicely explain what the point of this thread is?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

After our exchange I fail to see the point of your thread anymore...can you consicely explain what the point of this thread is?

I don't think I have the time or energy to get you to see the point.

You have taken about 3 different positions in this thread and have flat out mis-stated what I've said.

Can't cure willful ignorance.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So again...you are dancing a good bit there...do you think its right to perpetrate violence on those you disagree with? If not then how is defending anyone being beaten for their opinion a bad thing? I don't like their opinion but as long as all they're doing is voicing it then they have that right...the counter side had no right to bring violence into it and should be held accountable by all...not supported and fostered.

Which side killed someone again???

And where is your proof that the counter protesters "brought the violence"???

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It hasn't been for lack of trying. Need we remind you about Steve Scalise?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No my position has been the same...everyone,has a right to voice their opinion...no one,has a right to offensive violence, and trump has done nothing to prevent the media from utilizing their right to voice their,opinions as well. The whole premise of your OP was based on a bunch of BullS**t and now you're just playing word games to cover it up.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

We have seen enough videos to prove both sides engaged in offensive violence however from what I've seen it was the counter side who usually struck first...not to say both sides weren't complicit...and I'm sure there were also people in support of the removal and the keeping of that statue who wanted nothing to do with the rest of the people on their,respective sides...which seems to be something most people can't fathom around here lately.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well lets not forget the haircut guy...the stabber in that case was aiming for his head and the guy blocked with his hand...again not for lack of trying.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have watched this situation, and, frankly, those protesters are not "protesters". In almost every situations, they have proven themselves aggressive, most of the time starting the fights, and that makes them not protesters but a group of rioters sometimes and a group of vigilantes others. As for Trump attacking the Press, the honest truth is that he called out those that have been spreading garbage. I never thought in my entire life, I'd be saying that Fox is one of the few media outlets that have been giving even remotely unbiased reviews of the President and his policies; I can't even fathom a reality where I'm saying that, frankly, but it's true. We are in the twilight zone.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: TheTory

What nonsense! Trump speaking and criticizing others is an attack on the first amendment? Your brain must be in the shape of a pretzel.

jesus...go read about propaganda in Germany, and see how that worked so well, read about Goebbels turning an entire nation into self-destructive cultists. your brain is still in diapers
Beautiful job explaining liberals in general, for once we can agree, beer on me 🙃

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No. Although I hate, despise and denounce those groups they have every right to be there saying what they say and preaching what they preach. They are protected and that is what america is about. Problem is no one has listened to them for decades and not that the Russian connection is dead the left is looking for a new angle and it is that Trump supports the KKK, etc.

A ton of garbage. I ask again though....

How is Trump attacking the 1st Amendment...you still seem to not be able to answer this simple question that you stated occurs in your title of you thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
The Right has been busy defending White Nationalists "Free Speech Rights"...but they don't seem to have the problem with the current sitting President of the United States attacking the Free Press every chance he gets.

so, you do not get, or understand that what you call "the free press" has been doing nothing but posting and re-posting fake news which has contributed to the "meltdown" of sjws, and many other leftists?...

If what you call "free press" was posting actual facts, it would be different. But no, the leftwing MSM has been posting lies as the truth, meanwhile attacking conservative alternative media as the "left in genera" try to supress any news that does not spout left-wing hatred, and the left-wing rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Edumakated

Trump has not shut down any media. However, he is most certainly within in his rights to call them out as liars and manipulators. I fail to see how you can even logically connect the two...

So you don't see a problem with the head of our government trying to discredit the Free Press???

Do you think it would be better if we just got our "Facts" from the President?

Boo hoo, he calls the press names. Ow.

But the Press is totally fine calling him every name in the book.

They can dish it out but can't take it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
kruphix..why are you not here defending your OP?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Your cognitive dissonance is so unreal I honestly think you're just playing dumb on purpose to start a thread. You know in no way he said their speech should be limited, he just said their message is garbage. I swear people act like retards here just because.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Press is allowed to have their Free Speech, and Trump is allowed to have his. There is no conflict or contradiction here. The main stream media is trying to turn the country against Trump, and Trump is calling them out on it. If Trump starts using governmental power to silence the press (as Obama did, ex. James Rosen), then there will be an issue, but as of now, no problem.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You would think that a first ammendment advocate would be alarmed by the press' desire to manipulate the news to present a politically biased view. All Americans should be saying what the hell, but one group sems to believe it is a means to an end. Shameful

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

After our exchange I fail to see the point of your thread anymore...can you concisely explain what the point of this thread is?

I think it might be that the media has fallen to absolute zero credibility, and the OP is attempting to use the "nuclear option" of the media's last defense, which is to "Say we are the free press!" because no other argument will convince even the dumbest person that somehow they deserve a defense for lying to everyone so much, and all that is remaining that sounds important is that phrase: "The free press" when they haven't been free since operation mockingbird happened and is still ongoing. The only thing they and their defenders have left is just to start claiming it is "the free press" as if they shouldn't be burned to the ground like someone shouting "Shazaam" is going to make them clean again.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The problem with zealots is that they can not see their own hypocrisy. Speaking as an outsider (no US citizen) married to a Citizen.... I have noticed that a lot of the Trump supporters liked that he was not your typical politician (yeah no really?). They thus think that he's doing the right thing. I'm not going to comment on that (no matter my view). But because they have jumped on that band wagon, they are unwilling to be objective.

So the whole "fake news" claims are believed with out actually checking in on if that is a valid assessment. The Donald appears to be treating his presidency like he has treated being the CEO of his companies. He will not tolerate a view contradictory to his own. Sadly in the world of politics that is tough luck (at least in a nominally democratic nation).

At the same time, some people really do seem to abuse that first amendment. Some might even be elected officials

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So let me get this straight op. We can't have orange because potato?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you're saying that no one should ever be critical of the press.

Got it.

No he was talking about Trump. Of course he can be critical of the press. The point is he called the left-wing media the enemy and of course Trump fanboys believe that so they wouldn't listen to them. That is controlling the press. As others have pointed out Goebbels did the very same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join