It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Yes folks, calling out fake news stories means you hate the 1st amendment and want all the press put in intern camps.

Because you can't possibly be for free speech and against false malicious news stories.

Which false news stories?

Like the one that stated the fact that Trump's inauguration crowd size was much smaller than Obama's???

Because you know...Trump called that fake news.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How exactly is Trump limiting the speech of the media?

If anything, he gives them more to talk about.

He should get a royalty every time they use his name or image.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

This is the TITLE of your thread. You were just sacked.....no need to move those goalposts...care to respond to anything else in that post?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Did I said he is limiting them?

I said he is attacking them. And since he is the President, which is the head of our government, the government is attacking the media.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This is the TITLE of your thread. You were just sacked.....no need to move those goalposts...care to respond to anything else in that post?

You, as another member in this thread also did, seem to need a dictionary.

ATTACKING does not equal RESTRICTING.

Words mean things.

So yes, when my claim is that he is ATTACKING the media, and you ask for an example of him RESTRICTING the media...you are in fact moving the goalposts.

I get it, it's really the only tactic you have available in this situation.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Nice try. How is he 'attacking' the 1st Amendment then?
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-23T16:07:10-05:000410 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

And that applies to all people...no law shall stop one from voicing their opinions...last I checked trump was a person same as the antifa and kkk members are. In case you didn't know how to interpret that amendment you so kindly quoted for us...basically it is saying our government can't make it a crime to opine. This covers all people even not just citizens...so can you explain how anyone is stopping anyone with any laws? The violence we have seen in regards to shutting down the voices of those we dislike isn't covered by the first its covered by a litany of laws about violence and how the only time it is legal is in direct self defense or in defense of others being physically attacked.

Again...w hats your point?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You must not have read the OP.

Right Wing Logic: Counter Protesters are attacking the first amendment for speaking out against hate. But Trump, part of our government, actively attacks and attempts to discredit the Free Press...and they are fine with that.

You are very well known to be very very Right Wing...the question of the OP is WHY do Right Wingers like yourself think like this???

So...go ahead...enlighten us.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Also...you are free to believe I am whatever you'd like...I mean lots of people believe all kinds of other people are reptile aliens...does it make any of it true or even matter?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Did I said he is limiting them?

I said he is attacking them. And since he is the President, which is the head of our government, the government is attacking the media.

Last I checked he,was a person and had every right afforded under our constitution...including voicing his,opinions. Are you saying the president isn't allowed to voice his,opinions publicly?
edit on 23-8-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I have a hard time with your word salad.

But YOU were the one claiming counter-protesters were violating the White Supremacist 1st amendment rights...and now you are asking me to prove that the protesters are stopping someone from free speech???

This is why I like asking people simple questions...it turns them inside out and exposes themselves.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Also...you are free to believe I am whatever you'd like...I mean lots of people believe all kinds of other people are reptile aliens...does it make any of it true or even matter?

I couldn't really care less what you are.

YOU are the one that seemed it was important to notify everyone with your "HEY GUYS, LOOK AT ME...I'M NOT RIGHT OR LEFT...SO MY OPINION IS IMPORTANT".

I was simply calling you out on that lame tactic.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Its possible I may have misspoke but the point remains. Violence is,illegal and no one has violated the,rights of,the press...simple enough? Can,you comprehend that?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

You must not have read the OP.

Right Wing Logic: Counter Protesters are attacking the first amendment for speaking out against hate. But Trump, part of our government, actively attacks and attempts to discredit the Free Press...and they are fine with that.

You are very well known to be very very Right Wing...the question of the OP is WHY do Right Wingers like yourself think like this???

So...go ahead...enlighten us.

Wow. I am suprised to know I am known as 'very right wing'. You can start calling me Darth Matafuchs if you like I guess since i am so sinister. I am reading your title. That is more important then your OP because if it is different than what you are describing in your OP it is click bait and you are misleading people to what your post is about. Kind of like the HuffPo and MSNBC.

I do not think like that at all by the way and am not a far right conservative.

I do not feel that counter protesters are attacking the first amendment. I think they are acting like children. They are also not counter protesters. They are simply protesters. I hope they are protesting hate not trying to suppress free speech though but that is what it looks like. If you want to denounce someone, fine, but they have the SAME right as you, me and Donald Trump to say whatever it is they want.

You are very prejudiced in your views and you should open it up a little. Once you understand the other side it is easier to not just debate but come to solutions for all.

Discredit the press? They do that themselves and have been doing that more and more for the last 20-30 years. Gone is reporting and it has been replaced with click bait storytelling...like your OP.

Is that clear enough of an answer for you?

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-23T16:23:16-05:000416 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Its possible I may have misspoke but the point remains. Violence is,illegal and no one has violated the,rights of,the press...simple enough? Can,you comprehend that?

You clearly stated, and I quote:

the counter protest group is,saying you can't protest if you don't protest for what we agree with though...and they're willing to stop it with violence if they fail to stop it some other way...which is not exactly legal or in accordance with the 1st amendment

No one has violated the rights of White Supremacists "Free Speech" either...but you and other Right Wingers seem to think they have and have jumped to their defense of their "Free Speech".

That's the point...it's amusing that you will defend a non-violation of free speech...but are ok with our current President actively trying to discredit the media.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Pretty sure they had a right to not be beaten by the counter protesters...or should we be allowed to beat on people when they say things we don't like? That's a pretty simple question...since you like it that way...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Pretty sure they had a right to not be beaten by the counter protesters...or should we be allowed to beat on people when they say things we don't like? That's a pretty simple question...since you like it that way...

Did I ever say anything about violence going unpunished?

Even if I think the White Supremacist deserved it, which I do, I don't expect it to go unpunished. And those committing the violence probably don't expect to go unpunished either. However, sometimes doing the morally right thing means breaking a law.

They can have all the free speech they want, but they aren't immune to the consequences of what they say.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why do Trump haters attack the first amendment and have done so repeatedly over the last eight months.

Infringing the RIGHT of speech and assembly of everyone they hate the ever living hell out of.

Then try to create a 'gotcha' thread?

It's what they do with all of their evils. Every. Time. They don't wait to be called out on it. And it used to be effective. Used to be. You want to know what demons are in the DNC's closet? Look at what they fight against.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I do not feel that counter protesters are attacking the first amendment.

Great, then I expect you to see you in threads calling out those that claim they are just standing up for White Supremacists 1st amendment rights when they are defending them.

Right?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So again...you are dancing a good bit there...do you think its right to perpetrate violence on those you disagree with? If not then how is defending anyone being beaten for their opinion a bad thing? I don't like their opinion but as long as all they're doing is voicing it then they have that right...the counter side had no right to bring violence into it and should be held accountable by all...not supported and fostered.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join