It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: kruphix

In what way is the media not doing their job? Please elaborate.

And if you are supporting what Trump is doing...then yes, you are getting your facts straight from him. You did see him try to re-write history last night right??? Tried to alter a statement he gave just last week.

When the media had emails that clearly show Donald Trump Jr. jumping at the chance to get dirt on daddy's political foe from a hostile foreign nation--despite big daddy's claims that no such activities ever took place (you know, witch hunt, fake news, etc.), I felt informed.

Are we ready to talk about emails?

How about those emails from the DNC telling left wing rags exactly what to say in their articles, and them complying? Would that be okay for Trump to do?

The Trump admin and the RNC already are doing that exact same thing: they prepared a list of talking points (all completely idiotic and indefensible, IMHO) aimed at discrediting Robert Mueller and pushed them out to the usual propaganda outlets--Faux News, etc.

That particular game is played by both sides. Nothing new.

And Trump still doesn't know a fact from the hole in his plump orange rump.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: jimmyx

jesus...go read about propaganda in Germany, and see how that worked so well, read about Goebbels turning an entire nation into self-destructive cultists. your brain is still in diapers

Trump isn't the media. He doesn't control the media. He doesn't tell them what to say. Those who fill your head with what fills diapers is the propaganda. That is the media.

No, he is just trying his hardest to discredit the media...so that you can get your facts straight from HIM.

Seems like you have no problem with that.

Well maybe if the media would actually report facts instead of innuendo, opinions, and spin...

Examples?

Or do you just not like the facts they are reporting?

Why don't you just come out and say, "I am so biased, that as long as the lies confirm my bias, I consider it to be truthful!".

That's pretty much the whole premise of your OP innit?

You and others are the ones claiming the Press only reports lies...I've asked for examples many times...but nothing.

Here is one example of many.

But you already know that don't you? You have the same ability to use an internet search engine as I do. Which just proves my earlier point.

You want to have someone spoon feed you what your bias will permit, and you could give a damn about being told the truth.

edit on 23-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A) US Citizens using their freedom of speech to protest against hate groups.

B) US President trying to discredit the Free Press

It's a very simple question...and not one logical answer yet.

Nothing wrong with A or B. The problem that we have seen with A is it has become a physical confrontation. 15,000 dumb asses in Boston protesting against something they do not even know...maybe they were pro GMO... it is all fine. People in Charlotte physically trying to stop a hate group from protesting is not freedom of speech.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

Why do Trump haters attack the first amendment and have done so repeatedly over the last eight months.

Infringing the RIGHT of speech and assembly of everyone they hate the ever living hell out of.

Then try to create a 'gotcha' thread?

Inquiring minds WANT to know.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: jimmyx

jesus...go read about propaganda in Germany, and see how that worked so well, read about Goebbels turning an entire nation into self-destructive cultists. your brain is still in diapers

Trump isn't the media. He doesn't control the media. He doesn't tell them what to say. Those who fill your head with what fills diapers is the propaganda. That is the media.

No, he is just trying his hardest to discredit the media...so that you can get your facts straight from HIM.

Seems like you have no problem with that.

Well maybe if the media would actually report facts instead of innuendo, opinions, and spin...

Examples?

Or do you just not like the facts they are reporting?

Why don't you just come out and say, "I am so biased, that as long as the lies confirm my bias, I consider it to be truthful!".

That's pretty much the whole premise of your OP innit?

You and others are the ones claiming the Press only reports lies...I've asked for examples many times...but nothing.

Trump cleared all that up last night.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Gandalf77

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned in this regard, but I do expect a modicum of honesty and transparency from our president. As in, I don't care for outright lies and exaggerations. Granted, a politician is a politician, but Trump doesn't seem to know a fact from the hole in his plump orange rump. And he calls the media dishonest. Puh-lease. How many examples of this do we need to see? The media routinely uses facts to discredit his statements, and all he can do is scream "fake news" to his orange moonies. The sad part is how many people just mindlessly lick that crap up.

If by honesty and transparency you mean you would prefer speeches written days in advance and read from a teleprompter, private and public views, and social media accounts ran by marketing firms, I would argue those times are now past.

Seems to me Chumpy Cheezwiz was reading from a teleprompter just the other day when he announced his big flip-flop on Afghanistan, hmm?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what has Trump done to silence anyone?

He talked.

And the truth was known.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Where was the lie in that opinion piece?

Did they report any lies about what Trump said during the speech?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Obama had reporters arrested.

Then the crickets came.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: network dude

what has Trump done to silence anyone?

He talked.

And the truth was known.

So Trump only speaks the truth???

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

When the media published the photos taken of Trump's inauguration that clearly prove how few people actually showed up compared to what Trump claimed, I felt informed.

When the media pointed out that there is no evidence to support Trump's claims that 3 to 5 million fraudulent voters gave the popular vote to Hillary, I felt informed.

When the media had emails that clearly show Donald Trump Jr. jumping at the chance to get dirt on daddy's political foe from a hostile foreign nation--despite big daddy's claims that no such activities ever took place (you know, witch hunt, fake news, etc.), I felt informed.

Shall we go on?

Please do. Your feeling of being informed doesn't necessarily mean you are. Most of the media was hostile, so it comes as no surprise that your views and your opinions are. In fact it is telling. For example, I'm sure you know about many of his remarks, yet zero of their context. Why is that do you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Then the crickets came.

Actually, that last bit is made up; Trump hasn’t talked about the Espionage Act. Instead, the Obama administration has used the draconian 1917 law to prosecute more leakers and whistleblowers than all previous administrations combined. Under the cover of the Espionage Act and other laws, the administration has secretly obtained the emails and phone records of various reporters, and declared one of them — James Rosen of Fox News — a potential “co-conspirator” with his government source. Another reporter, James Risen of the New York Times, faced a jail sentence unless he revealed a government source (which he refused to do).

theintercept.com...

Back to the lying game.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You are one of those 50%ers that want free speech placed in the mouths you choose.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Seems to me Chumpy Cheezwiz was reading from a teleprompter just the other day when he announced his big flip-flop on Afghanistan, hmm?

Exactly like his predecessors. You're old fashioned, and into the whole honesty and transparency thing, so what do you say about Obama's transparency, which he promised to the American people?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You are one of those 50%ers that want free speech placed in the mouths you choose.

Not only does 50% have no rights to speech or assembly.

It's a 'natural' right to silence them by any means.

Even violence!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Then the crickets came.

He did???

Who was arrested???

Here is one that was arrested for asking someone from the Trump administration a question.
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

When the media published the photos taken of Trump's inauguration that clearly prove how few people actually showed up compared to what Trump claimed, I felt informed.

When the media pointed out that there is no evidence to support Trump's claims that 3 to 5 million fraudulent voters gave the popular vote to Hillary, I felt informed.

Shall we go on?

Please do. Your feeling of being informed doesn't necessarily mean you are. Most of the media was hostile, so it comes as no surprise that your views and your opinions are. In fact it is telling. For example, I'm sure you know about many of his remarks, yet zero of their context. Why is that do you think?

Don't get me wrong, I know all too well that the media is neither left nor right: it's corporate.

However, to my original point: Trump says things that are routinely proven false by the media.

-- The photos of his inauguration completely contradicted his assertions. Did I take that out of context?
-- All of the reasearch to date, including testimony from Republican officials, suggests there were NOT 3 to 5 million fraudulent votes. Did I take that out of context?
-- Trump Jr. did attend a meeting where he thought he'd be obtaining dirt on big daddy's opponent. Did I take that out of context?

Those are facts that the media did bring to light, and just because those facts contradict Trump's lies, doesn't necessarily make the media hostile.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Then the crickets came.

He did???

Who was arrested???

Here is one that was arrested for asking someone from the Trump administration a question.
www.cnbc.com...

I thought you are suppose to be a smart guy? There were at least 8 people, Google is your friend.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Exactly like his predecessors. You're old fashioned, and into the whole honesty and transparency thing, so what do you say about Obama's transparency, which he promised to the American people?

I think there were issues for sure. I didn't vote for him either time.
That said, he was a heck of a lot more honest and transparent than Trump.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Where was the lie in that opinion piece?

Did they report any lies about what Trump said during the speech?

I guess if I could put my mind frame to be scared of hearing something that just might change how I believe and base my life on emotions instead of logic, I just might be able to understand your pretzel logic.

Fortunately I am not buying the BS you are trying to sell.

I challenge my beliefs every day by trying to learn something that will challenge what I believe in.

My mind is like the ocean tides. It can change by the hour because I think with logic versus emotional BS. I guess that's something you just can't grasp is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join