It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: kruphix

What nonsense! Trump speaking and criticizing others is an attack on the first amendment? Your brain must be in the shape of a pretzel.

jesus...go read about propaganda in Germany, and see how that worked so well, read about Goebbels turning an entire nation into self-destructive cultists. your brain is still in diapers

The Nazi/Hitler stuff from you guys is always so predictable but self-destructive cultists? The only "cult" I can see self-destructing is out in the streets kicking tear gas canisters back at the cops.

Ow! My Balls!

link   
Who here can still say "free press" with a straight face?

And now a word from our sponsors......

link   

a reply to: jimmyx

jesus...go read about propaganda in Germany, and see how that worked so well, read about Goebbels turning an entire nation into self-destructive cultists. your brain is still in diapers

Trump isn't the media. He doesn't control the media. He doesn't tell them what to say. Those who fill your head with what fills diapers is the propaganda. That is the media.

No, he is just trying his hardest to discredit the media...so that you can get your facts straight from HIM.

Seems like you have no problem with that.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No, he is just trying his hardest to discredit the media...so that you can get your facts straight from HIM.

I wasn't aware it was the president's job to inform the public. In fact I would argue that If you get your facts from any president you are likely a fool.

No it is the media's job to inform the public and they are not doing their job.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I wasn't aware it was the president's job to inform the public. In fact I would argue that If you get your facts from any president you are likely a fool.

In what way is the media not doing their job? Please elaborate.

And if you are supporting what Trump is doing...then yes, you are getting your facts straight from him. You did see him try to re-write history last night right??? Tried to alter a statement he gave just last week.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Trump isn't the media. He doesn't control the media. He doesn't tell them what to say. Those who fill your head with what fills diapers is the propaganda. That is the media.

Well maybe if the media would actually report facts instead of innuendo, opinions, and spin...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Well maybe if the media would actually report facts instead of innuendo, opinions, and spin...

Examples?

Or do you just not like the facts they are reporting?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Examples?

Why don't you just come out and say, "I am so biased, that as long as the lies confirm my bias, I consider it to be truthful!".

That's pretty much the whole premise of your OP innit?

edit on 23-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Total troll. Biting because I'm bored waiting for code to compile. Obama attacked Fox in the same way. Worse even *coughJamesRosen*. Not that it would excuse Trump. However, why are you calling the outlets Trump is attacking free press?

The phrase free press implies free (and independent) press. If they are going to parrot political propaganda they are no good to us. At best. We have the internet. We don't need them.

I don't see how someone could defend the leftist controlled rags as free press. Only in the context of Trump is this done. And in doing so it reveals your blind hatred.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Examples?

Go look at the entire election coverage! Good lord man, you cannot possibly be this obtuse.

Do we really need to start bringing up example after example where a media narrative has been shown to be completely false?

Mike Brown? Trayvon Martin? Russia Scandal? Benghazi? Trumps poll numbers? Gun control issues? I mean, jeez, pick a topic and I am sure I can find some examples of the media completely misrepresenting the facts.

Look at the circle jerk the media got into over Trumps comments about Charlottesville.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned in this regard, but I do expect a modicum of honesty and transparency from our president. As in, I don't care for outright lies and exaggerations. Granted, a politician is a politician, but Trump doesn't seem to know a fact from the hole in his plump orange rump. And he calls the media dishonest. Puh-lease. How many examples of this do we need to see? The media routinely uses facts to discredit his statements, and all he can do is scream "fake news" to his orange moonies. The sad part is how many people just mindlessly lick that crap up.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

And if you are supporting what Trump is doing...then yes, you are getting your facts straight from him. You did see him try to re-write history last night right??? Tried to alter a statement he gave just last week.

Their job is to inform the public. They are not informing the public.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

BUT if what they say confirms what I believe to be the truth it must be true right?

This snip reminds me of the 17th and 18th century witch hunts to be quite honest....

Political beliefs have now become more dangerous than some religious and cult beliefs IMO.
edit on 23-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned in this regard, but I do expect a modicum of honesty and transparency from our president. As in, I don't care for outright lies and exaggerations. Granted, a politician is a politician, but Trump doesn't seem to know a fact from the hole in his plump orange rump. And he calls the media dishonest. Puh-lease. How many examples of this do we need to see? The media routinely uses facts to discredit his statements, and all he can do is scream "fake news" to his orange moonies. The sad part is how many people just mindlessly lick that crap up.

If by honesty and transparency you mean you would prefer speeches written days in advance and read from a teleprompter, private and public views, and social media accounts ran by marketing firms, I would argue those times are now past.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

It only makes sense to people that don't have an infatuation with Trump. Not in a good way.

Trump is the most transparent president ever seen. And there's a good chance we won't see one like this again. He can't hide anything and his lies, while numerous, are obvious. If a thought goes into his head it is tweeted, and the masses call out errors.

In contrast HRC defended her stance on maintaining 2 positions. One for the masses and one for the bureaucrats.

The name calling is expected. What I didn't expect is the attitude that the news' job is to fact check the president. They might silence the fact the pentagon was hit with a missile to invade Iraq, but they can tell you that convfefe is definitely not a word.
edit on 23-8-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

In another situation, we have the President of the United States openly attacking the Press and insinuating they are traitors to our nation. He has called them "sick", "crooked", "liars", and to top it off...last night he claimed that the press "doesn't like our country".

The problem is that he is probably right...

Freedom of speech is not design to give a person or group privileges to just out right lie. It is called slander, the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation. CNN coverage of Trump is 93% negative, so they do not care about the truth, they just want to make money. He also said that the media is empowering the alt-right and that is also true. Why would 15 thousand people protest in Boston over freedom of speech when that speech did not have fascist/KKK/Nazi involvement. Who push the narrative that it was? In the end there was 15 thousand protesting against Black lives "do" matter, anti GMO, and Real jobs, real education, real healthcare...lol

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Examples?

Why don't you just come out and say, "I am so biased, that as long as the lies confirm my bias, I consider it to be truthful!".

That's pretty much the whole premise of your OP innit?

You and others are the ones claiming the Press only reports lies...I've asked for examples many times...but nothing.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

When the media published the photos taken of Trump's inauguration that clearly prove how few people actually showed up compared to what Trump claimed, I felt informed.

When the media pointed out that there is no evidence to support Trump's claims that 3 to 5 million fraudulent voters gave the popular vote to Hillary, I felt informed.

When the media had emails that clearly show Donald Trump Jr. jumping at the chance to get dirt on daddy's political foe from a hostile foreign nation--despite big daddy's claims that no such activities ever took place (you know, witch hunt, fake news, etc.), I felt informed.

Shall we go on?
edit on 23-8-2017 by Gandalf77 because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

When the media had emails that clearly show Donald Trump Jr. jumping at the chance to get dirt on daddy's political foe from a hostile foreign nation--despite big daddy's claims that no such activities ever took place (you know, witch hunt, fake news, etc.), I felt informed.

Are we ready to talk about emails?

How about those emails from the DNC telling left wing rags exactly what to say in their articles, and them complying? Would that be okay for Trump to do?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

What are they not informing them about?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join