It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: kruphix

So there is no problem with the government trying to discredit the media...but there is a problem with US citizens counter protesting a hate group???

The media has discredited itself, and there is no problem with anyone, government or otherwise, to point that out. As for your comparison between the administration and thugs and rioters, again, the shape of a pretzel.

Just because you don't like the facts doesn't mean the facts are discredited.

If you are fine with our government attacking the Free Press, just come out and say it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: seeker1963

Would you stay married to a habitual liar?

You should ask Melania that question.

And you think Michaele Obama was truthful or her girlfriend? We can both be cute and sarcastic can't we, but what does it accomplish?

link   
Who the hell does this Trump guy think he is?! IMPEACH DA BAZTARD!!

link   

Does Trump give you the TRUTH???

What do you think isn't "true" from the Free Press??? I get that the facts in today's world annoy you and the right wing...but you can't change facts or pretend they are false because they don't fit your own world view.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You missed many details.

1. People are asking protestors and counter protestors to not bring weapons. If they did they intended on using them.

2. The right is not defending nazis. We are asking that if they are only marching and talking to leave them alone.

I would love to take the sticks from black hebrew isrealites when they scream at me, but I dont. Easy.

3. These counter protests are violent. That makes people want to respond in kind. This I know.

edit on 8 23 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Right Wingers...simple question, why do you hate "A" but love "B"???

A) US Citizens using their freedom of speech to protest against hate groups.

Nothing wrong here.

B) US President trying to discredit the Free Press

Does he not have the same freedom of speech under the constitution that you or I do?

It's a very simple question...and not one logical answer yet.

You have yet to identify how Trump is stopping anyone from saying anything. This thread belongs in the trash.

link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Trump has not shut down any media. However, he is most certainly within in his rights to call them out as liars and manipulators. I fail to see how you can even logically connect the two...

So you don't see a problem with the head of our government trying to discredit the Free Press???

Do you think it would be better if we just got our "Facts" from the President?

Are you saying a President can't have an opinion? Quite frankly, the media discredited themselves. Just because you are President, it doesn't mean you can't be vocal about your opinion.

The media has gone out of their way to bash Trump, why would you not expect him to respond.

As long as he is not using the power of government to shut down the media (which you have not shown that he has done anything other than bluster), then there is no issue here.

Where were you when Obama was literally trying to jail journalist?

If Donald Trump Targets Journalist, Blame Obama Article from your bible, the NYTs.

link   

...what does it accomplish?

Keeps things light hearted.

I'm sorry you have no sense of humour.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

What nonsense! Trump speaking and criticizing others is an attack on the first amendment? Your brain must be in the shape of a pretzel.

jesus...go read about propaganda in Germany, and see how that worked so well, read about Goebbels turning an entire nation into self-destructive cultists. your brain is still in diapers

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There was never a problem with either...we live in a country that allows us to do both things. It is however against the law to use violence against others regardless of how just your cause is. We have a thing called the justice system that weighs and measures wrong doing to determine guilt...even after one is found guilty of a crime (being a disgusting hateful person is not a crime...just repulsive) the sentence usually does not involve violence. In fact violence is only ok when you are defending yourself from attack or defending others being attacked.

Trump hasn't shut any media down or attacked any media violently so he hasn't done anything wrong...many of those involved in the protest you speak of used violence offensively which is illegal...that's the difference. Now I'm ready to be entertained...bring on the mental gymnasts!

link   

Does Trump give you the TRUTH???

What do you think isn't "true" from the Free Press??? I get that the facts in today's world annoy you and the right wing...but you can't change facts or pretend they are false because they don't fit your own world view.

FACTS YOU SAY?????

Like the talking points I see being spewed forth daily on ATS by those of you still plugged into the Idiot box, ie Ministry of Truth?

No thanks. I am a grown ass adult and I don't believe a whole lot of anything that is being shoved down my throat by the dishonest MSM.

But you keep drinking that Brawndo!

link   

Just because you don't like the facts doesn't mean the facts are discredited.

If you are fine with our government attacking the Free Press, just come out and say it.

If you're fine with the free press being the propaganda wing of the democratic party, just say it. I am absolutely fine with the president criticizing the media. If you're interested in government suppression of free press, look no further than the Obama administration.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Shall I get out the dictionary for you???

I said he is attacking...not silencing.

You asked me for an example of Trump "silencing".

Words mean things...if the topic is too complex for you, please see yourself out.

LOL,
we seem to have a failure to communicate.

You said this:

If anyone is attacking the 1st amendment and trying to take away rights, it is our current President by attacking the Free Press.

If you didn't say this, you have some problems, your account has been hacked. If you did say this, I asked for clarification on this exact statement.

Again, so you don't forget before you respond:

If anyone is attacking the 1st amendment and trying to take away rights, it is our current President by attacking the Free Press.

how is the President "trying to take away 1st amendment rights" ?

If you deflect again, you will only be showing everyone how incredibly ignorant you truly are.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The LEFT supported Obama attacking the Free Press. That's just the way things work.

President Trump is more open and honest about how Anti-America/Anti-American the liberal media is.

If the Liberal Media can't stand the truth, they should quit attending his in-house pep rallies. Same with ATS..don't like the poster, don't read his/her posts. Duh!

Your posts don't differentiate at all between opinions, cult beliefs and reality.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yea the media has gotten dangerously close to those levels lately haven't they...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Not a single post I have read here defended the freedom of speech for any right leaning group while saying protesters should not have any. You're fabricating things. Why lie about something easily debunked with a few clicks?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Yea the media has gotten dangerously close to those levels lately haven't they...

Isn't is grand when Cultural Marxists expose exactly the tactics they are victims of?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why do you beat your wife?

Jaden

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If the press told the truth clearly, I would not condemn them for their articles. They have been twisting everything to make it appear different than it is. The press seems to be promoting chaos and this is splitting up civility in the country. People are taking sides, that is not what we need, our country is being torn apart. There are many in our society that are promoting division, just because it benefits them to do so.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

jesus...go read about propaganda in Germany, and see how that worked so well, read about Goebbels turning an entire nation into self-destructive cultists. your brain is still in diapers

Trump isn't the media. He doesn't control the media. He doesn't tell them what to say. Those who fill your head with what fills diapers is the propaganda. That is the media.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join