It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Right support Trump attacking the 1st amendment and the Free Press???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Most countries have nationalized media. The US is one of the few countries does that not. Trump has not attacked the MSM in general. Only certain reporters who he thinks do not honestly report. It also doesn't help the US MSM has these political commentary panels that most countries don't have. Trump has consistently said Fox news is the least biased and most fair. This statement I can agree with.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphixthis free press you speak of mostly does not exist anymore. free press is supposed to deliver UNBIASED NEWS. opinions are for editorial page or segment. current news is slant to be against the sitting president because the 6 corporations that control msm have been paid to do so hence no longer free press. in a true free press your stories can not all supplied by anonymous source because that would open you up to slander and libel lawsuits.
we the people can see the press is bought and paid for remember when they tried telling us not vote in october because hillary already had enough electoral votes we now know that was a lie.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: kruphix
The Right has been busy defending White Nationalists "Free Speech Rights"...but they don't seem to have the problem with the current sitting President of the United States attacking the Free Press every chance he gets.

In one situation, we have US citizens (counter-protesters) protesting against other US citizens (White Nationalists), and for some reason people on the Right are outraged that US citizens (counter-protesters) are exercising their Free Speech to voice their opinions against another group of hateful US citizens (White Nationalists).

In another situation, we have the President of the United States openly attacking the Press and insinuating they are traitors to our nation. He has called them "sick", "crooked", "liars", and to top it off...last night he claimed that the press "doesn't like our country".

I don't get the Right Wing. One situation you have two groups of US citizens exercising their Free Speech...and they choose to defend the one side that is racists, and claim that they are "defending their 1st amendment rights".

The other situation, you have the sitting President attacking the Free Press...and they applaud him.

If anyone is attacking the 1st amendment and trying to take away rights, it is our current President by attacking the Free Press. Government influence into the Press SHOULD be a huge issue...but it seems like the Right is perfectly fine with the President attempting to discredit our Free Press.

Trump has not shut down any media. However, he is most certainly within in his rights to call them out as liars and manipulators. I fail to see how you can even logically connect the two...

Trump is a proven liar. He lies almost constantly. He's no better than the news outlets he constantly cries about.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The Right has been busy defending White Nationalists "Free Speech Rights"...but they don't seem to have the problem with the current sitting President of the United States attacking the Free Press every chance he gets.

In one situation, we have US citizens (counter-protesters) protesting against other US citizens (White Nationalists), and for some reason people on the Right are outraged that US citizens (counter-protesters) are exercising their Free Speech to voice their opinions against another group of hateful US citizens (White Nationalists).

In another situation, we have the President of the United States openly attacking the Press and insinuating they are traitors to our nation. He has called them "sick", "crooked", "liars", and to top it off...last night he claimed that the press "doesn't like our country".

I don't get the Right Wing. One situation you have two groups of US citizens exercising their Free Speech...and they choose to defend the one side that is racists, and claim that they are "defending their 1st amendment rights".

The other situation, you have the sitting President attacking the Free Press...and they applaud him.

If anyone is attacking the 1st amendment and trying to take away rights, it is our current President by attacking the Free Press. Government influence into the Press SHOULD be a huge issue...but it seems like the Right is perfectly fine with the President attempting to discredit our Free Press.

I think he's bringing attention to the fact that we do not have an impartial media anymore.

He's only saying what a lot of us have been saying for years. The media lies, they have for a long time. They have an agenda, and they have also had that for a long time.

If they don't like him calling them out for it, oh well. Stop being the Liberal mouthpiece, stop injecting opinion in everything, and simply report the news. Let Americans make up their own mind.

We don't need moral guidance, we need reliable unbiased information.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"The Right has been busy defending White Nationalists "Free Speech Rights"...but they don't seem to have the problem with the current sitting President of the United States attacking the Free Press every chance he gets."

No, I have no problem with this. I enjoy watching the "current sitting President of the United States" attack the deserving media outlets every chance he gets. Did you see Don Lemon's hissy fit after the Arizona speech? It was glorious.

The obvious fact is that cnn, washington post, etc, can no longer expect to unfairly and dishonestly report "facts" and then be treated with respect. They don't deserve it. They don't report facts they report urgent opinions and reimagined facts counter to whatever Trump's interests are.

They are not journalists they are propagandists. They've called him a racist, bigot, mentally unstable, riddled with alzheimer's etc etc.

Talk sh*t get hit.

Besides all of which he's not oppressing anyone's free speech for god's sake.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Seems to me all presidents in todays world are abusing are disobeying the constution with wars and abuse of the CIA. Not taking away free speech.....good greif..

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Right Wingers...simple question, why do you hate "A" but love "B"???

A) US Citizens using their freedom of speech to protest against hate groups.

B) US President trying to discredit the Free Press

It's a very simple question...and not one logical answer yet.

So as many have pointed out, Trump has done nothing to reneg or silence free press. What you are telling everyone in this thread is that you basically support and believe the lies of the mainstream media. They fit your agenda, so you roll with them. They should not be called out or questioned when they push lies and false narratives. Just kiss their rings and go with it.

Sorry, but I (to use a "The Matrix" reference) choose the red pill.

So whatever floats your boat, but let me remind you that we DO have libel laws in this country for a reason. In my opinion, the "free press" is getting off easy with a simple tongue-lashing from our President of the United States ...He COULD be suing the pants off of each and every one of them right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
ATS=Actually The Stormfront

Good luck to the site owners, you have been hijacked by the extreme right.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carabao

Methinks your definition of "extreme right" is a bit skewed. Probably because of how far left you are.

If wanting freedom of speech (as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights) and expecting unbiased news is "extreme right" then Well, YOU have the perception problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The 1st Amendment applies both to Trump as a citizen and to the media. Unless he attempts to use the power of his office to censor or shut down the media, which he has not, he has as much right to be critical of the media as he wants.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join