It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon Duped Public Over Climate Concerns, Harvard Research Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: lostbook

I can fully grasp Exxon or some other petrol company wanting to silence AGW. But exactly what is the alternative? Is there some new superfuel that exists and we just don't know about it? I have a car. I have to get to different places to do my job. Until you can show me another way to do that, I'm stuck using the products of Exxon and others.

Please, tell us what you put in your gas tank.

I hear you. I'm bound by the same restrictions. My point is that we're being lied to by Exxon.

so how has it affected you? What damage was done by this lie? I am not disagreeing with you, I just don't see the point.
You nor I can do anything of substance about the climate. And I believe there is a good chance that our influence is minimal at best and the Earth will have a large reset to let us know just how insignificant we really are.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Exxon lied about the dire effects of climate change in lieu of profit. They apparently were briefed on this information by their own scientists behind doors but downplayed any climactic consequences to the public.

How does that equate to profit? The shifting line is how much does humans affect all this compared to how much is just a natural climate change? We do know humans have some influences but is that 10% or 90%? I'm not sure how Exxon would make more profit in down playing climate change, it is not like they would sell any more or less oil.

edit on 23-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
How did cigarette companies lying about their product equate to profits?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

How did cigarette companies lying about their product equate to profits?

There is a difference in we need oil until other technology takes over, where we never needed cigarettes. Exxon will not sell anymore or less oil by either jumping on the global warming bandwagon or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
[Quote]lostbook
I know that the Climate changes non its own but the change should be gradual not accelerated.

How can you explain frost frozen Mammoths that have been found? That's anything but gradual.
edit on 23-8-2017 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i honestly don't care that it's getting warmer because the warmer it gets the more farmland there will be and the more plants and animals there will be and the less overcrowded cities there will be, not only that but it will open new trade routes and allow new canals to be built to expand trade.

there's another huge benefit and that would be that the rising water will force us to advance development of our waterworks to a new level not seen since rome and ancient greece, it will even surpass that to protect ourselves. it might also trigger a new marine exploration age and bring about many new marine technologies that could revolutionize the world.

so yeah i'm all about accepting struggle to advance ourselves to a higher level and with how fast a.i are developing that advancement will turn everything upside down in 25 years or less.

we need to struggle and fight to survive
edit on 23-8-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
[Quote]lostbook
I know that the Climate changes non its own but the change should be gradual not accelerated.

How can you explain frost frozen Mammoths that have been found? That's anything but gradual. That's a complete Chang in climate that even animals with a keen sense of weather patterns didn't see coming.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I would like to know what is going on?

The OP and others have been busy on this site trying to get people wired up over Exxon Mobile supposedly "lying about climate change"

In truth, Eric Sneiderman, the AG for New York tried to start a RICO investigation against Exxon for that very thing and a team of 17 AGs from around the United States was formed. Subpeona's for very expensive information request of the company were issued etc. etc.

Well, it didn't take very long for the whole thing to start falling apart. Schneiderman now stands alone. However, email information on private servers was obtained showing that the whole thing was a set up between the Ag's and certain environmental groups/lobbiests

energyindepth.org...

Obviously, this is so legally egregious that Sneigerman himself is under investigation for mis-use of legal authority

www.nytimes.com...

Today, I find for the second time, the same people putting up posts regarding exxon's 30 year old "lies". Is something about to be announced in the Schneiderman investigation and posters are being paid to make sure the public outrage against Exxon is aroused prior to the any announcement against Schneiderman???

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Anathros

I would like to know what is going on?

The OP and others have been busy on this site trying to get people wired up over Exxon Mobile supposedly "lying about climate change"

In truth, Eric Sneiderman, the AG for New York tried to start a RICO investigation against Exxon for that very thing and a team of 17 AGs from around the United States was formed. Subpeona's for very expensive information request of the company were issued etc. etc.

Well, it didn't take very long for the whole thing to start falling apart. Schneiderman now stands alone. However, email information on private servers was obtained showing that the whole thing was a set up between the Ag's and certain environmental groups/lobbiests

energyindepth.org...

Obviously, this is so legally egregious that Sneigerman himself is under investigation for mis-use of legal authority

www.nytimes.com...

Today, I find for the second time, the same people putting up posts regarding exxon's 30 year old "lies". Is something about to be announced in the Schneiderman investigation and posters are being paid to make sure the public outrage against Exxon is aroused prior to the any announcement against Schneiderman???

Wrong..............so wrong......! I simply posted the article for ATS to discuss. Why are you rushing to the defense of Exxon? Are they paying you?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Best defense is a good offense!

Except I never said anything about Exxon, now did I

LOL

I am taking this as a win. from your response, it is clear I hit close to home.

So is Schneiderman about to be removed from office???

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Best defense is a good offense!

Except I never said anything about Exxon, now did I

LOL

I am taking this as a win. from your response, it is clear I hit close to home.

So is Schneiderman about to be removed from office???

I didn't know about Schneiderman. And you did say something about Exxon...You're taking this as a win? There was never a contest and this isn't about you and me. It's about Exxon lying to us all.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
op. So they lied. welcome to the real world.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I can fully grasp Exxon or some other petrol company wanting to silence AGW. But exactly what is the alternative? Is there some new superfuel that exists and we just don't know about it? I have a car. I have to get to different places to do my job. Until you can show me another way to do that, I'm stuck using the products of Exxon and others.

Please, tell us what you put in your gas tank.

I hear you. I'm bound by the same restrictions. My point is that we're being lied to by Exxon.

so how has it affected you? What damage was done by this lie? I am not disagreeing with you, I just don't see the point.
You nor I can do anything of substance about the climate. And I believe there is a good chance that our influence is minimal at best and the Earth will have a large reset to let us know just how insignificant we really are.

But....you have a mask...........and a cape! Surely you can do something...!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join