It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical similarities?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
"

He's followed a playbook closer to Hitler and than Nazis than any President I can think of.

I don't expect diehard Trump fans to see any of that because they're caught up in a cult of personality. Something else that is reminiscent of Der Fuhrer. Anyone who isn't part of that cult, who is capable of objective thought, can't help but notice those commonalities. The pattern is quite distinct.

And don't argue with me. I consulted many statues.

Trump is nothing like Hitler.... There's no way he could write a book.
I get my coat.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The media is demonizing Trump and his supporters in the same exact way that the right has been demonizing the left and its adherents.

Why address only one side when both sides are the issue? Both sides are using propaganda and they're both aimed at demonizing each other, a good way to get the people divided.

Probably because the media is gigantic and controls the flow of information to the American people. The right has been demonizing the left basically through one television channel that most people consider a biased farce of a news station, and by talk radio, which most people never turn their radio to the AM side of the dial anyhow.

Outreach matters, and with the MSM on board with demonizing the president on down to Jethro living in Eastern Kentucky, it's really an unfair battle. THAT is why addressing one side of this issue matters, and why people don't need to address both sides in order to have a valid point.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Probably because the media is gigantic and controls the flow of information to the American people. The right has been demonizing the left basically through one television channel that most people consider a biased farce of a news station, and by talk radio, which most people never turn their radio to the AM side of the dial anyhow.

Outreach matters, and with the MSM on board with demonizing the president on down to Jethro living in Eastern Kentucky, it's really an unfair battle. THAT is why addressing one side of this issue matters, and why people don't need to address both sides in order to have a valid point.

I
t's like worrying about the rise of Bolshevik or Jewish propaganda in Nazi Germany while saying nothing of the reign of established Nazi propaganda. I hear people complacently ridicule the likes of Hannity and Fox News and their effects on their listeners, while at the same time devouring every Washington Post, New York Times and Huffpo article they come across.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i'm currently reading 'the Goebbels diaries' and the role of propaganda then was as effective as it is now. everybody propagandizes for their beliefs. what is surprising is that only a consistently small percentage of 'the people' understand, or even think about, such matters. ergo it continues unfettered.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: seeker1963

When did the government start doing those things??? Outcry from random citizens is not policing those things.. the police showing up and arresting you is..

When the government stands aside and lets it happen, that tells you what they think.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

According to a certain element out there ... sadly, yes.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DrChandra

On another ATS thread there was an individual actually making the case for violence, up to and including killing what he deemed Nazi's and White Supremacists. The scary part was the individual didn't even realize the historical correlation of advocating death to those that oppose the will of those that know what's best for society and will achieve it by any mean necessary.

you do understand in that sentence you basically state both nazis and white supremacists know what's best.
even the republican party must be part of this left you fear so much.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: DrChandra

On another ATS thread there was an individual actually making the case for violence, up to and including killing what he deemed Nazi's and White Supremacists. The scary part was the individual didn't even realize the historical correlation of advocating death to those that oppose the will of those that know what's best for society and will achieve it by any mean necessary.

you do understand in that sentence you basically state both nazis and white supremacists know what's best.
even the republican party must be part of this left you fear so much.

If you went to college?

I would demand my money back. You got snookered!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I meant exactly what I said. I don't expect you to see the similarities in Hitler's strategy and Donald Trump's because you are in fact part of the cult of personality that surrounds him and also, that the cult of personality is another similarity with Hitler.

You could argue that Obama had his own cult of personality and I would have agreed though I think the levels are different. Obama couldn't have maintained support acting the way Trump does.

Having similarities in their political strategies doesn't mean that Donald Trump and Hitler are the same or that his followers are Nazis in the making. I didn't say that and if I wanted to, I would have. You were just triggered by what was, objectively speaking, a fair comparison of similarities in strategy and decided to project some bull# on me so you could have something to say.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join