It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical similarities?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
When I was much younger I read 1984 by George Orwell. A few years later I visited Dachau, the Nazi concentration camp for Jews and others deemed unfit for the 3rd Reich society. It had been converted to a museum/learning center. At the time I could not understand how a nation of people could allow their government to imprison and kill a whole group of people. After the visit I was much more informed.

The German people were lulled into looking the other way because the Nazi preceded their atrocities with a propaganda campaign that demonized the Jews as less than human animals that needed to be dealt with to improve their utopian Aryan society. Fast forward 80 years.

The leftist power brokers and their Ministry of Truth propaganda machine (MSM) are now demonizing conservatives that support the policies of Trump. They do not debate the issues they attack the messenger and his followers. God knows the man is a piece of work but he wasn't elected to be the cool guy in charge of America he was elected for the policies he annunciated in places like Gettysburg.

On another ATS thread there was an individual actually making the case for violence, up to and including killing what he deemed Nazi's and White Supremacists. The scary part was the individual didn't even realize the historical correlation of advocating death to those that oppose the will of those that know what's best for society and will achieve it by any mean necessary.

When did we stop teaching the true meaning of the first amendment? Read the Supreme Court ruling on free speech. Free speech is he right of everyone but it ends when the speaker advocates violence! In America we resolve our difference of opinions at the ballot box. Or at least we used to. Now if your side loses it no longer means you haven't made your case to the voters, now it means the other side is a bunch of Neanderthals being led by a despicable human being that doesn't even deserve to speak.

God help us all if the left is ever in charge again.

OK, now the name calling can start....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The media is demonizing Trump and his supporters in the same exact way that the right has been demonizing the left and its adherents.

Why address only one side when both sides are the issue? Both sides are using propaganda and they're both aimed at demonizing each other, a good way to get the people divided.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The reason for the 1st amendment is to gift Americans the freedom to think, speak, write and worship as they please, not as the media or government demands.

You want historical similarities, well, Hitler, take a back seat - here is a much more accurate axiom manifesting itself, thanks to Obama and Clinton and Waters and Pelosi et al......

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.”.......“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

The bloke who said those things made Hitler, Stalin, Mao & Mussolini look like little bitches.

I'm gonna make you look it up - he killed more humans than all them put together, because 'opinions' triggered him into action.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DrChandra

Lol ..

It is the left demonizing the right... yea..

Highlighted by the fact you didn't point to a specific person who wants to do whatever..

No you chose to demonized the entire "left.."

Your right about the logical fallacy of trying to apply one idiots beliefs to a whole group of people.

It's just sad you are doing exactly that...

I don't know how someone can be that oblivious.. literally doing exactly what you are ranting against in thT same post....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
The reason for the 1st amendment is to gift Americans the freedom to think, speak, write and worship as they please, not as the media or government demands.

You want historical similarities, well, Hitler, take a back seat - here is a much more accurate axiom manifesting itself, thanks to Obama and Clinton and Waters and Pelosi et al......

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.”.......“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

The bloke who said those things made Hitler, Stalin, Mao & Mussolini look like little bitches.

I'm gonna make you look it up - he killed more humans than all them put together, because 'opinions' triggered him into action.

Had to look that one up. Wasn't familiar with it. To be honest I thought it might have been a George Soros quote......

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The op was even nice enough to do a little over generalized demonizing themselves..

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

When did the government start doing those things??? Outcry from random citizens is not policing those things.. the police showing up and arresting you is..

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: seeker1963

When did the government start doing those things??? Outcry from random citizens is not policing those things.. the police showing up and arresting you is..

My comment was to Sublimes historical quote by Genghis Khan.

I have no idea WTF you are even talking about.
edit on 23-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DrChandra

Excellent opening post !!

The fascist tendencies of all Left Wing connections is real.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

All authoritarian agendas are Marxist based.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"When I was much younger I read 1984 by George Orwell. A few years later I visited Dachau, the Nazi concentration camp for Jews..."

And stll learned nothing, as it seems!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"I read 1984"
"I went to a Nazi death camp"
"TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE NAZI-ERA JEWS!"

Meanwhile, Nazis were actually able to "lull" people because they came in riding on a tide of nationalism, traditionalism (volkisch movements, look it up) and a common angst over losing in WWI. At the time, throughout parts of Europe, politicians were asking "the Jewish question." Nazis were able to blame a minority for all the problems of "real Germans." If you read up on "Blood and Soil" (Blut und Boden, look it up), you'll understand the strategy of identifying rural Germans, living agrarian lifestyles as the lifeblood of Germany.

There parallels here, despite the OPs absurd non sequitur, are quite obvious.

What has Trump done? Trump has:

- run on a platform of extreme nationalism

- demonized minority groups: Muslims, illegal immigrants from South/Central America, legal immigrants and to a lesser extent, blacks (scapegoats)

- pushed the narrative that the GOP long has, that rural whites, particularly in the agrarian Mid-West, are the "real America." You can even see it in that creepy Miller clown's blather about "cosmopolitan bias." (blood and soil)

- Trump's whole shtick is to appeal to irrational traditionalism with golden age fallacies. (the Aryan race, greatness of the German people)

- finally, he invents a crisis (America is in shambles! SHAMBLES!) and dog whistles the white nationalist "white genocide" meme which is used to make his base feel like they're victims, under attack by all these external forces. (the great loss of prestige)

He's followed a playbook closer to Hitler and than Nazis than any President I can think of.

I don't expect diehard Trump fans to see any of that because they're caught up in a cult of personality. Something else that is reminiscent of Der Fuhrer. Anyone who isn't part of that cult, who is capable of objective thought, can't help but notice those commonalities. The pattern is quite distinct.

And don't argue with me. I consulted many statues.
edit on 2017-8-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
"I read 1984"
"I went to a Nazi death camp"
"TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE NAZI-ERA JEWS!"

Meanwhile, Nazi's were actually able to "lull" people because they came in riding on a tide of nationalism, traditionalism (volkisch movements, look it up) and a common angst over losing in WWI. At the time, throughout parts of Europe, politicians were asking "the Jewish question." Nazis were able to blame a minority for all the problems of "real Germans." If you read up on "Blood and Soil" (Blut und Boden), you'll understand the strategy of identifying rural Germans, living agrarian lifestyles as the lifeblood of Germany.

There parallels here, despite the OPs absurd non sequitur, are quite obvious.

What has Trump done? Trump has:

- run on a platform of extreme nationalism

- demonized minority groups (Muslims, illegal immigrants from South/Central America, legal immigrants and to a lesser extent, blacks)

- pushed the narrative that the GOP long has, that rural whites, particularly in the agrarian Mid-West, are the "real America." You can even see it in that creepy Miller clown's blather about "cosmopolitan bias."

- Trump's whole shtick is to appeal to irrational traditionalism with golden age fallacies

- finally, he invents a crisis (America is in shambles! SHAMBLES!) and dog whistles the white nationalist "white genocide" meme which is used to make his base feel like they're victims, under attack by all these external forces.

He's followed a playbook closer to Hitler and than Nazis than any President I can think of.

I don't expect diehard Trump fans to see any of that because they're caught up in a cult of personality. Something else that is reminiscent of Der Fuhrer. Anyone who isn't part of that cult, who is capable of objective thought, can't help but notice those commonalities.

And don't argue with me. I consulted many statues.

I have family that did all you did and some that survived the holocaust......They all voted for Trump!!

Are they Nazi's too?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am a Nationalist. I love my country and I hate my corrupt government who stomps on the Constitution like Gay ISIS burns the American flag. Does that make me a Nazi?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I didn't call anyone Nazis so spare me your disingenuous whining.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I didn't call anyone Nazis so spare me your disingenuous whining.

You're implying that anyone who supports Trump supports Racist beliefs and are Nazi's.

Why not grow a pair and call every person who voted for and support Trump what you apparently think they are. Racist, bigots, Nazi's...

Or are you scared to label them outright?? It's only cool to do it in a lumped together passive aggressive style I see.....

We have a brave one here folks!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am a Nationalist. I love my country and I hate my corrupt government who stomps on the Constitution like Gay ISIS burns the American flag. Does that make me a Nazi?

Yes!!! and that's just the beginning....You're also a Islamaphobe, misogynist, Nazi, Bigot, and cheeto lover....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I didn't say that all.

Why don't you grow a pair and quit being a self-victimizing whiner? I say exactly what I mean and if that's what I actually thought, I wouldn't have a problem saying it in the slightest.
edit on 2017-8-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Remember that the Nazis were some of the worst censors in recorded history. Besides the propaganda, they eradicated dissent through harsh censorship. By keeping the readers uninformed, suppressing the other side of the story, todays media has engaged in the same type of propaganda, and it has led to misinformed miscreants rampaging throughout the streets so that they may protest their little bogeyman.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I didn't say that all.

Why don't you grow a pair and quite being a self-victimizing whiner? I say exactly what I mean and if that's what I actually thought, I wouldn't have a problem saying it in the slightest.

Really then what exactly did you mean by this statement at the end of your rant?

I don't expect diehard Trump fans to see any of that because they're caught up in a cult of personality. Something else that is reminiscent of Der Fuhrer. Anyone who isn't part of that cult, who is capable of objective thought, can't help but notice those commonalities. The pattern is quite distinct.

And don't argue with me.

I guess you just meant hypothetically....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory misinformed miscreants

a star for the splendid alliteration

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join