It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Money Just Got Dirtier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
In the news today:
"Officials expressed concern over the possibility that terrorists might be using our money to transmit deadly diseases and infections to the populace."

"Money that has been contaminated with a virus; it’s a whole new possible direction for bioterrorism. It is a case that the FBI terrorism unit has taken over from state police that involves several cities, including Philadelphia."

freeinternetpress.com...
"Earlier this month, Pennsylvania State Troopers intercepted $250,000 dollars during a routine traffic stop. The alleged drug money, which had been sealed in plastic, was being driven from Columbus, Ohio to Northeast Philadelphia."

"According to law enforcement sources, after counting the seized cash, troopers began feeling ill and one trooper was even hospitalized with flu-like symptoms."

"Sources say that tests on the cash counter revealed the presence of a toxin derived from the bacteria staphylococcus."

Whether this is a legitimate new concern or just more fear mongering I couldn't say for sure. I do have to wonder just how mythical al qaeda boogeymen are supposed to have gotten their hands on Ohio drug money.

I've known for some time that money is one of the best ways to catch other people's illnesses. It's common knowledge how dirty money is..but this is a new angle entirely. Who would have thought terrorists would have the gall to use our own GOD against us.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Whether this is a legitimate new concern or just more fear mongering I couldn't say for sure. I do have to wonder just how mythical al qaeda boogeymen are supposed to have gotten their hands on Ohio drug money.

Fear mongering and cover-ups - a) staph is totally common; b) there already are some hellacious diseases floating around this country - they take years to incubate, then cause decades more disability before they kill. People are starting to catch on. Time for some counter spin.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
well considering staph is naturally on our skin and its extremely hard to get infected with unless you have an open wound or have injested it, i say this is not a valid threat.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well, I guess for our own good and safety they'll have to phase out paper money and we'll all have to have cards with Biometric data etc.

Oh!!!, hang on a minute, aren't they trying to introduce these already?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The officers claim they were sickened by the money, they felt nauseated and dizzy. I didn't think that matched well with the symptoms of staph, which is largely a post-op internal infection, but who knows.

Who would want paper money anyway. Not that digital money is any better, but paper money is worth less than the ink and paper it requires. It's based on supposed reserves that no longer exist, supported by a rigged stock market controlled by a central computer. The Fed is an illegal organization to begin with, so hell yeah, lets get rid of this monopoly money. I think we should start trading internationally using small pieces of string or something equally inane. If we're going to place all our faith in worthless pseudo commodities, let's go balls to the wall and be utterly ridiculous about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It was drug money right...

what if the money came from a "meth" lab or another kind of drug making lab and the chemicals used in that "lab" got on the money...

I don't think it's a terrorist threat... won't happen...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It is possible for money to be a vector of disease.

But isn't it also possible this is being presented as a means of trying to eliminate cash transactions. So everything becomes visible to Big Brother government?

Shaking hands with someone is probably even more infectious than money. Viruses exist more readily on a living host. Has anyone suggested no one shake hands? I didn't think so.

It could also be a ploy by the Credit Card Banks, which use every sleazy tactic in the book to drive up profits and acquire as many customers as possible. I wonder if that possibility has been examined in this case. The Credit Card Banks would love to have a totally electronic money system.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

"Money that has been contaminated with a virus; it’s a whole new possible direction for bioterrorism.

Or an episode of the X-Files from 1998.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Well, I guess for our own good and safety they'll have to phase out paper money and we'll all have to have cards with Biometric data etc.

Oh!!!, hang on a minute, aren't they trying to introduce these already?

Yeah, that is a part of their agenda of the "verichip" to make feared people accept it because "money is infected!" that is a way to create paranoia and control. The plan falls into place, the microchip is coming....

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I dont handle alot of cash anymore, but I am suprised they havent tried this sooner.

top topics

join