It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monument Riots Come To SCREECHING HALT In Texas After

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It´s not your personal property, it´s called public property.

but everything public...is created/errected by money taken from private citizens. In essence..it is private property..private by all citizens that pay taxes.

And you know what...I'm almost assured that these vandals...dont pay taxes. Probably their parents do.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
To be fair, I've read that Austin is pretty much an enclave for the Texan Liberals, so they might be safe there.

But, hell, I do love these Texas stories. Might just be my favourite state in the union to emigrate to. (Not that I would get let in, too white, poor and British

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I understand but does it justify self-justice? I like mind games today, so let´s do this:

Read it with this thread topic in mind.

What you call vandals, could be the refugees in my country. I say, we need a hard line, because our punishments are to low, would not fruit because there is no money to begin with (it doesn´t belong to them anyways) and we can´t jail a refugee...he has to be traumatized and helped. I still say, we need a hard line in the sand, traumatized or not, we need to throw those out of the country, fly them back near the war zone (where they supposedly come from). The order needs to be restored. Now please look at where I live.

surprise! Now the next thing: Imagine I say that in public in front of an ANTIFA crowd. I´d be lucky if I make it to the exit unhurt.

Or let´s use this:

How about the statues in Auschwitz that show soldiers pointing weapons at people on the ground, cowering down in fear.. I mean, it´s a statue(s) it´s portraying the evil side that lost the war.

Away with it or not? Reminder of the past or glorifying the power of the third Reich? There is a time and place for such thoughts but not now, not yet, in this world.

The sheer stupidy that comes from those self-centered "I´m a special unicorn, my color is red and I have four wheel drive and I want you to adress me as "SRJTweoiuögh" when you speak up to me." is endless. As if there are no other problems in the world but their comfort zones and safe spaces. I may be very generalizing here but it´s not my fault that the (I dislike the terms but everyone knows what´s ment) so called "SJW/LGQBT/us-liberals/extreme leftists" are all on the same side of the river when it comes to extreme bias, self centerism and generally, dictating others how they have to live (demanding a special pronoun or throw a tantrum is dictating).

I drifted a bit here... what I want to say, and this fits to this threads topic perfectly is that in the end, someone, somehow, sometime will find something that offends him. Those are the same type of people that endorse the extreme HOAs.

sorry for the BOLD, I did not insert any tag, must be a bug!!
edit on 23-8-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I understand but does it justify self-justice?

Equally on both sides...you cant justify vandals that started it to begin with.

What you call vandals, could be the refugees in my country.

For refugees I propose even harsher punishment. Just imagine...you escape from a war...a country takes you in...to save your life...and you start repaying them by destroying their monuments.

Drop the hammer. Nothing good comes off it when you show leniency to anarchists.

You kinda lost me here with this post...I was initially under the impression that you defended the "vandals".

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

but everything public...is created/errected by money taken from private citizens. In essence..it is private property..private by all citizens that pay taxes.

And you know what...I'm almost assured that these vandals...dont pay taxes. Probably their parents do.

But there is a very important difference:

private belongs to a single individuum or group
public belongs to everyone equally. It´s very important. You can take your private property and do what you want with it (most times). You can´t take public property and gain single ownership or do what you deem good with it.

So while the thought that public space is a extension of your private belongings is somehow true, it´s not really the case. That´s what I ment with the answer to tigertatzen and it co-related with the fact that theantejuvenile posted on page 1, that although it´s "somehow your property" it´s not the same as "private property", thuss, she can´t opt on the "I´m texan, I can shoot any trespasser." Because in this case, the one that spraypaints is as much a trespasser as she is, following that logic. The though in it self is rather silly, that would either mean everyone would be considered a trespasser on everyones ground if walking in public.

Justifying it the way she did is clutching at straws, at best.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Nah, I didn´t defend but I´m switching seats here and there to take a perspective from equal sides and show each side their fallacies.

It prints a big crosshair on your head from both sides but you "gotta take the heat". Coupled with my "excellent" grammar and writing style, I´m able to confuse most of the members here that won´t take the time to read (not directed at you).

It happened just a page ago, I think it was this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Defacing public property is a felony
Destroying property worth over $1500 is a felony
They should go to prison for a long time
One more and a person goes to prison with a life sentence

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks for the fake news.

Glad you're all frothing at the mouth of the idea of murdering people over statues erected by completely white local and state governments in public spaces at a time when these same politicians were trying to preserve segregation and oppressive laws to keep subjugated, former slaves and their descendants.

But alas, you cannot just shoot vandals of statues on public property. Not even in Texas.

KHOU

We turned to KHOU legal analyst Gerald Treece for answers.

"That's just not the law," said Treece. The Texas Penal Code allows for the use of deadly force when protecting people's private property.

"I can used deadly force against you if you're using deadly force or if there's a fear of deadly force against me," said Treece. But statues in public parks aren't private property.

"If the question in a classroom came up, 'Professor, can I shoot someone at night putting magic marker on a statue?', I would say no, a thousand times no," said Treece.

Texas Penal Code 9.43 clearly states the private property being protected with deadly force needs to be "tangible and moveable." A statue doesn't meet that qualification either.

"It's not tangible, moveable property, owned by anybody, but the government," said Treece.

You can’t shoot Confederate statue vandals, Granbury police warn

GRANBURY

Online chatter about a Confederate statue in Granbury led police to issue a warning on its Facebook page this week: You can’t shoot people for vandalizing a statue, in particular the one of Confederate Gen. H.B. Granbury on the lawn of the Hood County Courthouse.

The warning came as residents have debated whether the statue should remain standing in wake of the deadly protest over a Confederate monument in Charlottesville, Va.

At some point during the online discussion, “a person claiming to be a police officer” posted inaccurate information about a state law that allows the use of deadly force to stop another person from committing criminal mischief, Granbury police posted on Facebook on Monday night.

Now let's all go to a thread about how evil liberals want to destroy everything as you all get excited at the prospect of murdering your countrymen over stupid statues that shouldn't be there anyway. That's the moral high ground?

Ok. It qualifies as 'fake news'. However, it seems fake news does dictate policy and public opinion these days. At least this 'fake news' will give pause to some who would otherwise take liberties.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I agree the first three sentences, no arguing here.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It always amazes me the amount of cognitive dissonance it takes for so many ATSers to cry about how authoritarian the Left is when they support shooting vandals of public property on sight.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

If I came home late at night and found a bunch of people armed with things capable of destroying something as solid as a statue wrecking my property and I ordered them to leave or face the risk of being shot and they refused to comply, I would be perfectly within my legal right to use force to neutralize the clear and present threat to both my property and any living thing that happened to be on it. It's my personal property, I'm outnumbered by people with the means to harm me and others in the vicinity, and as long as I don't just shoot without warning and don't give them opportunity to comply with that warning or shoot anyone in the back, I have the right to defend my property under the law.

Your own home, your own property and your self are a whole different matter. Did you not read that in my reply?

This is about people potentially destroying the personal property of Texas citizens, and how we aren't going to allow that to happen. I am a Texan, and it's my personal property, too.

So, killing someone over a statue in the local park? Do you really want to test that idea in court against a murder charge?
edit on 23-8-2017 by DAVID64 because: damn my fingers are tongue tied today!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is disturbing disinfo to have been spread by a police officer.

I wonder what his motivation really was.

Agent provocateur? It's as likely as any other reason, IMO.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

But the left still keeps being authoritan and knows what´s best for everyone, even after the insane voices screaming for murder silence down.

How about the left ones screaming for the extermination of the current president of USA. Cognitive dissonance?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Look the police officer might be wrong about that particular law but he knows his citizens. They won't put up with that # and someone is crazy enough to shoot someone over it. He might look the other way and not see it too. So, personally, If I were a snowflake, I would take that threat pretty serious.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah you can shoot ppl no problem for that.

I remember a few years ago some crack heads were stealing from a mans work truck.

He shot 2 of 3 of them dead.

No charges against him.

Have fun in Texas.

edit on 23-8-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

So the punishment for every crime should be death? How about teenagers? We'll just paralyze them a little maybe? Catch some kid tagging? Bullet to the spine?

This is all about politics. What this really demonstrates to me is that some fringe wingnuts fantasize about murdering people over politics.

But we get a bunch of OPs lately about "liberal extremism."

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

As much as I disagree with on Everything, you are right on this one. I would never shoot anyone over a statue nor would 99.99999% of the people living here.
Just leave the damn things alone. I laughed when the church of Satan tried erecting their Baphomet statue in Oklahoma. They were in the right as well, and it should not have been tore down if allowed.
On another line from the article, Texas was way behind on the open carry law, not even close to being the first. Bad reporting on this article.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

This is disturbing disinfo to have been spread by a police officer.

I wonder what his motivation really was.

Agent provocateur? It's as likely as any other reason, IMO.

It's also really disturbing to me that this thread has 46 flags and a bunch of frothy mouthed nuts who think the punishment for any crime should be death. Some dumbass bored kid spray paints a statue? Kill him. What about maybe changing some lettering on their schools sign as prank? You know what fixes that right? A bullet to the head.

It's disgusting. I will never find common ground with people who think that petty non-violent crimes are a justification to shoot somebody. And these are often the first to flap their gums about "backwards Muslim countries."

But yes, this is an example of fake news that could kill. Hopefully the mods trash bin it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: UKTruth

I think I saw you stepping on the lawn - forbidden! *shakes with uncontrollable anger*

I SHOOT YOU NOW!

Yes, this whole thread is ridiculous. Who would *kill* a person for vandalism?! If you think that would be a good move, you have some serious selfcontrol-problems..

Well in Texas you can...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join