It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Gods plan because it all looks like pure chaos to me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What could Gods plan possibly be? People who are evil become filthy rich. People who have nothing but piety become destitute. It seems the more evil you are the better you do in government and business. Nice guys always finish last. Crime seems to always pay more than hard law abiding work. The sex industry is rampant because nobody wants to work and McDonalds at minimum wage. Every year the rich get richer and the middle class takes it up the butt.

So what could Gods plan be? I'm thinking all this chaos is designed to really find out who among us has real faith. Not the NFL like fandom faith of putting a Jesus on the dashboard and mindlessly repeating the words of the Bibe. I mean real faith that comes in spite of all the forces in the world driving you to become defensive and selfish you still find the strength to be selfless and help others who are in need.

I think this World and this life is God's proving ground for faith. People who are angry, hateful, and say other groups of people are the causes for all their problems have turned away from God. Scapegoating other people for your problems shows you have no faith. Raising your voice and bullying your opinions means you have no confidence in your ideas or your faith in God. A strong person not only can take care of ALL their own personal needs but they have enough left over to selfless help others. A person with strong faith in God doesn't complain about other people.

Having real faith means you are confident in God's plan. It means not only do you accept the World is nothing but Shiite, but you don't let the Shiite rule your life. You concentrate on not being selfish, and instead, devote yourself to having faith in God by committed selfless acts in the service of the people around you and in your life. It doesn't matter if the people you help do not deserve your help. But that's the point of faith. Having faith means you are hoping for a better life and better future for everyone. The way to be happy in this World, in my opinion, is by facilitating other people's happiness.

Many people believe their is virtue in selfishness. I say exulting selfishness is turning away from God.

I'm not saying selfishness is to be avoided. By all means put your own oxygen mask on first. However, there has to be some balance between selfishness and selflessness.

But when it comes to criticizing other people, I think too many people pretend to be the Almighty himself casting down judgments on other people. People have all kinds character flaws. I think if you really want to emulate God you would be little bit more humble and forgiving of other people. Everyone is just trying to make it through this life as best they can. That's the way I see it.

edit on 23-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Having faith means you are hoping for a better life and better future for everyone. The way to be happy in this World, in my opinion, is by facilitating other people's happiness.

although i don't believe in god (and therefore i don't believe in god's plan either), i do believe this is the point of life. to be kind and try to help each other out. what did [redacted] say on game of thrones the other night? the enemy always wins, and we still need to fight him...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I somewhat envy people who have faith in a god; that peace of mind must be comforting, especially in times like these. I used to ask the same questions: how is it possible for there to be order in chaos? What people were saying about god/religion versus what I was seeing in a chaotic, uncaring universe with my own eyes were two completely different things. Ultimately, I chose to believe my own perception, rather than have others tell me what my perception should be. I don't consider myself an atheist, per se; if anything I'd just call myself an existential nihilist. I don't know for sure if a god does exist, and it's not something I think about very often, because in all honesty I don't really care.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Being confident in Gods plan or holding on with every last drop of faith
You cant qualify everyone with a broad smere of a brush

Jesus taught two laws to christians, no other laws matter.
Love God, love each other, love covers many sins

Gods plan is simple, for a short time, live, love, hold on through the pain and he will set those who choose Him free forever

Christians make the worst christians

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

There are many gods. Each cult has a main deity and each sect of each cult may have a slightly different view of what the god or goddess has planned. Here is one Psalm that describes the problems you mention and a way of coming to terms with them.

Psalm 73
1Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.

2But as for me, my feet were almost gone. My steps had nearly slipped.
3For I was envious of the arrogant, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4For there are no struggles in their death, but their strength is firm.
5They are free from burdens of men, neither are they plagued like other men.
6Therefore pride is like a chain around their neck. Violence covers them like a garment.
7Their eyes bulge with fat. Their minds pass the limits of conceit.
8They scoff and speak with malice. In arrogance, they threaten oppression.

9They have set their mouth in the heavens. Their tongue walks through the earth.
10Therefore their people return to them, and they drink up waters of abundance.

11They say, "How does God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High?"
12Behold, these are the wicked. Being always at ease, they increase in riches.

13Surely in vain I have cleansed my heart, and washed my hands in innocence,
14For all day long have I been plagued, and punished every morning.
15If I had said, "I will speak thus;" behold, I would have betrayed the generation of your children.

16When I tried to understand this, it was too painful for me;
17Until I entered God's sanctuary, and considered their latter end.

18Surely you set them in slippery places. You throw them down to destruction.
19How they are suddenly destroyed! They are completely swept away with terrors.
20As a dream when one wakes up, so, Lord, when you awake, you will despise their fantasies.

21For my soul was grieved. I was embittered in my heart.
22I was so senseless and ignorant. I was a brute beast before you.
23Nevertheless, I am continually with you. You have held my right hand.
24You will guide me with your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

25Who do I have in heaven? There is no one on earth who I desire besides you.
26My flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

27For, behold, those who are far from you shall perish. You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to you.

28But it is good for me to come close to God. I have made the Lord Yahweh my refuge, that I may tell of all your works. A contemplation by Asaph.

Well, that's one version.
edit on 23-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
One of the previous episodes of Game of Thrones

Bran said " Chaos is a ladder"

Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish said earlier " Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

Well every civilization in the past has had a time of Chaos and a new beginning with new direction. Time we live has yet to reach it´s lowest bottom but i think that era is not far away. Banking is failing, resources are diminishing, there are going to be time when masses are facing the 1% ... and new beginning what ever it might be.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There isn't a God.

There is only spiritual people of one flavor or another who will claim there is. Some more extremely than others. Until any number of these alleged Gods can be proven to me to exist through means other than pure subjective evidence, I will remain firm in my stance. As it stands, it is far easier to disprove all of the claims.

Let me know when there is something other than feelings involved.

edit on 8-23-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Until any number of these alleged Gods can be proven to me to exist through means other than pure subjective evidence, I will remain firm in my stance.

So much depends upon how a god is defined. If the definition is:
1) what keeps me alive.
2) what receives me upon death.
3) what has been long before me
4) what shall continue long after me

Take the classic four elements; fire, water, earth, air.
Call them elementals and give them names.

Sun (for fire, the visible and invisible(ultraviolet, infrared))
Earth (containing the minerals, building blocks of life)
Sky (for air, the breathable and the dome shield against harmful space)
Rain (for water. Spring, River, Lake, Ocean also acceptable. I like rain at the moment)

I live in the gods and the gods in me. See?

Now, we can get all pentagram-y.

Moon (exerts a force without which the Earth would be different, maybe not even habitable). But I don't live in the moon, and I don't think the Moon lives in me. So Moon is different. But I like 5 more than 4.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Let me throw my two cents in here. This is purely my opinion and subject to change as I am just another ignorant child trying to understand the world around themselves.

The idea that "evil" always gets "rich" or "succeeds" in life, more-so than the "nice guy/girl" is very accurate. This is because our systems (mankinds systems) do not in the least, approach the human condition from Gods point of view. Our systems are designed to reward "survival of the fittest" which is not a mechanism of human development; a mechanism of nature yes, but humans are not animals, as much as TPTB (the powers that be) would like you to believe.

Yes our flesh, our bones, the makeup of our physical manifestation, is all derived from the "animal kingdom" but "who we are" is something beyond flesh and bone. You could say that we're here to shed this skin; this mortal coil. We are here to figure out "who we are" and so this idea that we must pit ourselves against one another is the very antithesis of our God-given nature; the spirit of who we are.

You ask, "why all the Chaos if this is all part of Gods plan?"
If God is to succeed in his plan of "salvation", free-moral-agency must be assured. This is most definitely a world created by God, but run by children. How can you expect any semblance of cohesion or consistency when dealing with children? As much as we would love to think that we're "evolved" or have reached a level of "maturity" or "adulthood" I guarantee we are puerile in every fathomable way. We never stop playing with toys, they just get bigger. We never stop making bad decisions, they just become more painful. We never stop asking for help, purpose just becomes more relevant. It's like watching a Fractal come to life; a cycle that continues to repeat itself over and over again, on larger and more complicated scales, yet always the same.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

This is the same reason history repeats itself generation after generation, because there is nothing to learn; we have only to be who we are. We are all that matters and nothing we engineer is of consequence. Our efforts are meaningless, unless they help us with our condition. Seeking to perpetuate our systems only further separates us from ourselves as well as God. God is not on his thrown dolling out judgement, we're judging ourselves as beings barely worthy of the skin we walk around in.

Only when we make each other important, do we change the world. The human system makes slaves of the meek and only serves those whose sole joy in life, is depravity. That depravity has made them numb and therefore insatiable. That is the world we live in and God has let us decide it for ourselves. God will not let this last forever; there will be a time when we are given the opportunity to love or to cower.

No, there is no hell, nor is there a devil. It's so easy to cast blame on some unseen and unfathomable figment by which humanity would deem "the root of all evil", rather than realizing the devil is inside us all. We are all capable of depravity and even enjoying depravity, but it's the choice that sets us apart. Do we seek out love or do we hide in fear? Do we take responsibility for this world we've allowed to exist; that we've perpetuated? Or do we simply blame the devil and hope that God saves us from ourselves?

No one wants to ask the hard questions or solve the obvious problems. It's just too easy to play the blame-game, walking right into the hands of those who develop our governmental/corporate systems of depravity and enslavement.
edit on 23-8-2017 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Well, there is no plan if people don't believe in God.

But, in saying that, the amount of Doom prophecies on ATS may relate to God's prediction but which flamin god?

Strewth mate!!! So much doom stuff. Is there anything positive? Which god is witch?

Yeah Nah/

bally

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
There isn't a God.

There is only spiritual people of one flavor or another who will claim there is. Some more extremely than others. Until any number of these alleged Gods can be proven to me to exist through means other than pure subjective evidence, I will remain firm in my stance. As it stands, it is far easier to disprove all of the claims.

Well, row row row that boat, gently down that stream.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Excellent comment from your part, couldn't agree more.
The only hell there is or heaven, is what we ourselves perpetuate or allow by inaction.
It is a pity 'the system' only supports the 'survival of the fittest' scenario, what wasted insight & talent must already have been lost to the aeons...
On top of that we have built our hedonism supporting culture with fire and dead materials, oil, steel, stone (concrete).
At one time, a primitive culture would have considered this kind of rape of natural resources practicing of black magic.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I'll chime in,

Being of a Muslim faith - I ask myself this everyday even though I know the answer personally.

I often question Gods plan when life hits me hard despite me doing my best, being a charitable person, being the nice guy, trying live my life by a strong moral code. Yet... others around me prosper by doing the opposite. They have less obstacles in their path to desire and wealth

So what is Gods plan?

Well first off, I figure if we have a bunch of wise people in a room and the activity was to define a tough moral guide for life we can all agree on a few things.. there will be some grey areas.

And for the sake of argument let's say that an individual who is classed as 'Believer' in the context of faith and worship, abides by such a moral code for the entirety of their life.. making some mistakes here and there but making an strict oath not to repeat and to show remorse.

Given the above... Allah poses a question to the 'Believers' in the Quran -

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe’, and will not be tested? And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make known, those who are true, and will certainly make known those who are liars

Along with other parts of the Quran, the point being made here is that believers... or people that do good in life according to a moral code will face hardship and pain... as a true test of their resolve. And others that do bad in life will be given it easy because they are despised in the eyes of Allah so much they he will let them throw themselves down a slippery slope of sin... deceit.. karma... emptiness because hoarding wealth dishonestly, committing violence and cheating etc wont get you far in the long run...

And when it's all said and done, and each person has had their chance to live out on earth.. all evidence is gathered and played back on judgement day... not an iota is left out. God is making it easy for them to go on the endless road of sin and desire leaving a trail of indisputable evidence along the way, think hillary clinton, rothschild, all the really, repeatedly bad people that we know have a trail.

Thus the wrong doers get the illusion of happiness and a lifetime of emptiness in this world while also getting an eternity of pain in the next.

The good doers, believers, those that remained patient when afflicted with hardships, those that chose the tough but honest path in life, giving in charity, standing by others, and not turning to booze or murder when things got tough. By this, they ultimately prove that they deserve an eternity of whatever they desire in the next life. Because they went through the pain, and showed resolve. This can be said for lots of things in life when you want to be successful at something by not taking shortcuts.

So much more to be said, as it's a deep topic but this enough for a long post.

Anyways, this is what the Quran says on God's plan, and the the more you believe, the more you continue as a good person, the harder you will be tested. Just to see how long you can hang in there but there is another statement to give you hope:

"A believer will not be tested with more then they can handle in life"

I'm still grasping this statement in the Quran, I mean how much do you take till you stop 'living' per se, and just exist... that's a complex one.

This is the only thing that has stopped me from being a bad person when things got tough, and from taking my own life, otherwise I would have done it ages ago. Believing that I'm making a long term investment with my actions in life. If it's not true then at least I've life a life of good, and didn't cheat anyone.
edit on 23-8-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
You won't like my answer ...
Luke 17:28-30 ...'Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.'
That's the scenario to happen at the Second Coming.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

God's plan, the nature of reality... Whatever you want to call it.

It appears to be evolution.

From the smallest combined comes the largest.

From the first atoms, the simplest atoms, we've come to uranium and other heavier elements. Gravity pulled them together, the more they clumped together the more they attracted other atoms. Eventually sun's were born.

Suns died, spewing forth heavier elements, more complex atoms. This will be repeated till the end of time...

Our Sun, Sol. Is a third generation star, meaning two stars lived and died using the exact same materials as our sun.

As for what we consider as life, it hasn't been so different. From the simplest organisms has evolved us, organic materials such as amino acids eventually became singular under the guise of a lifeform, eventually these evolved. As they absorbed the molecules of those before and a little of the inanimate material around them they kept evolving.

Always using materials that have been recycled before and will again.

Where does it all end?

We'll I guess two theories exist, for matter that is.

1. With the rate of expansion in space, eventually all matter will eventually be spread out so that gravity can no longer hold it together. Meaning, there will be no more stars. Everything will be so far away that it could never be detected nor effected by anything else. Eventually the last of the matter in existence will simply not have the energy to exist anymore. A limit exists to recycling...

2. All matter will eventually return to a singular. Gravity will slowly but truly gather up all materials in existence, it'll be gathered up in what we call black holes.

Personally I feel the second to be true. I also feel like everything that's existed is akin to a Pandora's box. From a single point all spewed forth, eventually to be put back into the box again. I consider this to be a repetitive action.

God's plan?

It planned itself. Existence is God. All is one.

That's my take on it anyways. I do wonder if it's all played out the same on every re-run, or if it's possible to "escape" the movie and watch it for the first time again from the beginning, but with full knowledge of what will happen... If you catch my drift?

Probably stupid... I know.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Einstein once said "Strange is our situation here upon earth."

I could never understand the conflict we have among other nations. It seems like when people are given the position of power, they use it to control people for their own self-serving and power ego agendas. They no longer listen to the majority, and create more conflict for society than bringing humanity together in the name of peace and prosperity. The majority of people just want to get along with each other. When you travel around the world, people who don't even know you are friendly. The perspective of our government leaders no longer come into the picture. So why do the masses bow to the few? We sacrifice our children for a chess game played out by the rich and powerful and don't question it or demand accountability. It occurs not only in government but also in the work place.

Just imagine how humanity would prosper if countries around the world put their brightest minds together and greed was no longer a deciding factor in innovation and helping out your fellow man. Just imagine how countries around the world could provide a better life for their citizens, focus more on curing sickness and protecting the environment if they didn't feel the need to feed a military machine. It seems like evil was meant to rule and to keep humanity from achieving love, peace and prosperity throughout the world.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
One of the previous episodes of Game of Thrones

Bran said " Chaos is a ladder"

Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish said earlier " Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

Well every civilization in the past has had a time of Chaos and a new beginning with new direction. Time we live has yet to reach it´s lowest bottom but i think that era is not far away. Banking is failing, resources are diminishing, there are going to be time when masses are facing the 1% ... and new beginning what ever it might be.

I love the GOT reference. I think my OP was about what is waiting for you at the top of the ladder and why it is important to make the climb. Again, I love the Chaos is a ladder line from GOT. Bran rocks! I can't wait to see how Bran finishes.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You won't like my answer ...
Luke 17:28-30 ...'Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.'
That's the scenario to happen at the Second Coming.

They way I understand the scripture it wasn't so much about anal sex but more about being nice to strangers is why they received the shaft of God.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

I can confirm Hell exists. I live in New Jersey.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
There isn't a God.

I will prove to you God exists. God is just a word. What the word means is defined by every sentence using the word. God as a word has one more special meaning no other word in our language has. God is a container word for every possible idea and reality along with every possible future idea and reality. God is a container word for every possible thought and experience. So unlike every other word, with Gods alpha-omega meaning, sets it apart. There's nothing special about the letters. You could make up a whole new word for God but there is only one true God word in our language.

So where does God exist? God exists in our spoken and written words.

Now some people have their own cult definitions for the word God. And those are perfectly fine as long as you accept their axioms of belief. You obviously choose not to accept certain axioms of belief. There's no right or wrong here. In my belief system, everyone is saved by God and will experience eternal heavenly bliss.

According to the Pope, as long as you are a "good" atheist you are in:

Francis explained himself, "The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart, do good and do not do evil. All of us. 'But, Father, this is not Catholic! He cannot do good.' Yes, he can... "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ, all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone!" We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: we will meet one another there."

edit on 23-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join