It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri senator who wanted Trump assassinated now booted from committees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Should of booted is ass straight to jail for terroristic threats.

She didn't make threats.

She hoped he would be killed. I heard worse from people back when I was in high school.

She's also an idiot who deserves the consequences for voicing that opinion, and already is. Those people didn't, because their targets weren't the POTUS.
edit on 16Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:37:38 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

(post by Knight77 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Knight77 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Knight77

Are you threatening to harm an elected official with this post?

edit on 25-8-2017 by randomtangentsrme because: clarity.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Hoping someone gets killed means she is not fit for her office.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: DBCowboy

In What happened is that she exercised her right to free speech in a very obnoxious way and now she's suffering the consequences.

So now it's acceptable to expect consequences from anyone if you offer an opinion.

Sounds not very free to me if anyone can punish you if you say something wrong.

Of course it is. There has always, from Day 1 of this country, been the possibility of consequences for exercising free speech. If I tell my workplace I hope someone shoots the boss, I can expect to get fired. If I tell my neighbor he's a fat lazy # who smells bad, I can expect to get punched in the face. What I should not have to worry about is being forcibly prevented from speaking, or risking being arrested if I speak. And once again no one is actually stopping her from saying what she did again and again if she wants, nor has she been arrested.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

So we have (according to you) the same speech freedom that North Korea has where they can say anything they want also, they just have to suffer the consequences.

Only difference is that some consequences may differ.
edit on 26-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
a reply to: Greven

Hoping someone gets killed means she is not fit for her office.

What makes her not fit for office is not having the desire but being stupid enough to say it publicly

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So we have (according to you) the same speech freedom that North Korea has where they can say anything they want also, they just have to suffer the consequences.

Only difference is that some consequences may differ.

So (according to you) there should be no standards applied to elected officials and what they say, and there should be no consequences of any sort for bad behavior as long as it's only speech?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I think the same standards should be applied equally.

If I can say it without recourse, then why can't she?

We don't have a double standard in the US, we have a hecti-deca-standard that gets applied based on who said it, what color their skin is, their religion, their nationality, and who it is said about.

We don't have freedom of expression in the US if it is accepted that you can be punished if someone doesn't like what you said.

Might as well just bring in thought police and have done with it. Because all most are doing is paying lip-service to free expression.

Too many don't give a flying #### any more about freedoms or even defending unpopular speech.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But that's the thing. Maybe I'm not expressing myself clearly enough. I'm saying that freedom of speech always--and always has--come with the possibility of consequences, depending on what we say and to whom, and that having that freedom and using it means being willing to accept the consequences.

For example, I absolutely have the right to say to my neighbor, "Bob, you're a fat lazy #. I think you're a piece of trash and you should gtfo of this neighborhood because you suck." He doesn't have the right to stop me from saying it. But if I do say that to him, and he hauls off and punches me for saying it...well, that's the consequences, and if I had half a brain I should have been prepared for them. The same with the whole "boss" scenario. Nowhere does it say that there won't be consequences for free speech, that everyone who hears the speech must shrug it off and not react in a negative way.

I mean, we do have the whole "fighting words" aspect of free speech. And we do, legally, hold some segments of society to higher standards. Police officers, for example--they're held to a higher moral standard, legally, when it comes both to their use of words and their reactions to words.

Now, if this senator's FB account had been banned, that could be viewed as FB suppressing her right to free speech. And if she were facing legal consequences for her statement, it would be state-sponsored retaliation for speech and thus suppression of free speech. But in my opinion, this is no different than my boss firing me for saying I hope he gets shot.

I hope I explained myself more clearly this time. And if it wasn't just a matter of miscommunication, well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. You're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine
Thanks for the civil discussion, it's all too rare on ATS these days.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: xuenchen

She needs to be removed, and she ought to be arrested, and jailed, for her promotion of violence against a siting president. It's a CRIME, after all. She's not the only one that needs jailed, either. I could name some celebrities who are in the same boat!

Want to see how dysfunctional this country is?

Allies of the state senator in Missouri fighting to keep her seat after saying she hopes President Trump is assassinated set up a website and encouraged people to donate money to the embattled Democrat.

Full Article: www.foxnews.com...

Why haven't charges been brought against this evil bich? Is it because she's BLACK? So what! She broke the law.

Yes, in my opinion, that's exactly why no charges have been brought against her. Same as employees who don't get fired when they screw up, which I have seen, and heard about from others. Same in the military, too, as far as that goes. Some folks would be stunned at how much anti-white racism there has been in recent years. We saw people who committed armed robbery, and got a slap on the wrist, because of their skin color,w hen a white guy doing far less would have been booted out and imprisoned.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Oh so white people can't get fair treatment in the criminal justice system because they are treated worse then minorities? Yeah right here's an idea stop being so concerned with race or gender. See secret service would have talked to her to access if she was serious. They do this to hundreds of people every month. If they deem your not a credible threat you don't hear from them again.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Oh so white people can't get fair treatment in the criminal justice system because they are treated worse then minorities? Yeah right here's an idea stop being so concerned with race or gender. See secret service would have talked to her to access if she was serious. They do this to hundreds of people every month. If they deem your not a credible threat you don't hear from them again.

It's more a matter of whether or not the person is even charged, oftentimes. I was very serious about the military case. Four guys committed armed robbery, guys in the same unit as my husband at the time, and basically got a slap on the wrist. Had they been white, they'd never have gotten off so lightly. Similar things happened if there were fights - a white guy could be attacked, defend himself, and be blamed, with the black guy who started it getting off completely. I KNOW these things happened; they happened in his unit.

This woman should have been interviewed. Whether or not she was serious, what she did was incite violence against a sitting president. There isn't really leeway for that. Add celebs like Madonna to that list, too. Why did she get a free pass? Celebrity status? Do we know of the Secret Service talked to her?

It's not a matter of me being "concerned" with color, but a matter of seeing what happens, and being concerned that equal treatment isn't the reality, and that's a concern no matter what group is targeted. Shouldn't that be for all of us? What if some white state senator has said the exact same thing about O?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: dragonridr

It's more a matter of whether or not the person is even charged, oftentimes. I was very serious about the military case. Four guys committed armed robbery, guys in the same unit as my husband at the time, and basically got a slap on the wrist. Had they been white, they'd never have gotten off so lightly. Similar things happened if there were fights - a white guy could be attacked, defend himself, and be blamed, with the black guy who started it getting off completely. I KNOW these things happened; they happened in his unit.

This woman should have been interviewed. Whether or not she was serious, what she did was incite violence against a sitting president. There isn't really leeway for that. Add celebs like Madonna to that list, too. Why did she get a free pass? Celebrity status? Do we know of the Secret Service talked to her?

It's not a matter of me being "concerned" with color, but a matter of seeing what happens, and being concerned that equal treatment isn't the reality, and that's a concern no matter what group is targeted. Shouldn't that be for all of us? What if some white state senator has said the exact same thing about O?

I agree that all of the celebrities who talked assassination should have gotten visits from the Secret Service too. (And in all fairness, maybe they did? We wouldn't know unless they told us in an interview or on social media, would we?) In their case, it was our job to present them with consequences, by not buying their records/paying to see their films/ etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
doesnt matter what context she used it as....a threat or a wish. She is obviously too unstable to serve in a public office. her non apology whacked out justification just confirmed it more. She is a looney.

She should have just apologized... said she was caught in the moment... gave a sincere apology to Trump and said i will accept the consequences of my fellow representatives. If that means she is forced out so be it but at least she leaves with some dignity.

But NOOOO ... she attacks Trump and goes full tilt coo coo for coa coa puffs. Sure is a lot of nutty people in government these days. i blame news and the internet. its making people crazy.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

I agree that all of the celebrities who talked assassination should have gotten visits from the Secret Service too. (And in all fairness, maybe they did? We wouldn't know unless they told us in an interview or on social media, would we?) In their case, it was our job to present them with consequences, by not buying their records/paying to see their films/ etc.

f they did, the media failed in not reporting that. They ought to have been arrested, publicly, I think. That would sure slow that stuff down. Now, we hear that "comedian" woman saying she's not sorry about the fake severed head. These people are pushing for assassination, and oping someone succeeds. Only very fir action is going to slow that down.

I agree. I won't give then a cent for anything. Most of those, didn't anyway, but if I did, that ended. For example, we skipped the latest Pirates movie, and I've been a long time fan of those. The jerk said he didn't want my money. Fine with me!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join