It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri senator who wanted Trump assassinated now booted from committees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you ever notice mistakes and stupid actions by republican conservatives, btw?

I was just wondering

Ever notice how you never stick to the straight OP of a thread ?
Give me an example of Conservative Republicans "wishing anyone to be assassinated" . One.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

There's no place for that kind of talk with any elected official. She should have stepped down.

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Should of booted is ass straight to jail for terroristic threats.

It was a she and she didn't make a threat. She said she wished he get assassinated already or something. Would it be rude of me to say that you and a dozen others aren't familiar with what you're commenting about?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is an elected government official saying she wished President Trump would get assassinated.

Some would probably said she just issued an order to one of her goons to make it happen. She needs to be investigated bigly...or big league.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree that it is inappropriate and perhaps criminal behavior. I do find your reply quite hilarious in its internal inconsistency leading to an enormous dose of hipocrisy.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Doubt she has goons. The overwhelming majority of elected officials I've met are incompetent boobs. The ones at the state level even more so.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Elected officials or no? Because Ted Nugent has said all sorts of wonderful things on various stages.

Fox News contributor and former editor of the Washinton Times, Line Trotta:

Trotta: "And now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama, uh Obama. Well, both, if we could."

Here's a GOP politician:

Kansas GOP House Speaker ‘Prays’ That Obama’s ‘Children Be Fatherless And His Wife A Widow’

ThinkProgress reported last week that Kansas House Speaker Mike O’Neal (R) was forced to apologize to First Lady Michelle Obama after forwarding an email to fellow lawmakers that called her “Mrs. YoMama” and compared her to the Grinch. Earlier that same week, the Lawrence Journal-World was sent another email that O’Neal had forwarded to House Republicans that referred to President Obama and a Bible verse that says “Let his days be few” and calls for his children to be without a father and his wife to be widowed.

Let his days be few; and let another take his office

May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.

May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children.

O’Neal forwarded the prayer with his own message: “At last — I can honestly voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up — it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray. Brothers and Sisters, can I get an AMEN? AMEN!!!!!!”

Massachusetts sheriff defends Obama assassination joke

PLYMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — A Republican sheriff in Massachusetts is defending a joke he told at a St. Patrick's Day breakfast in which Abraham Lincoln visits President Barack Obama in a dream and suggests he go to the theater.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

She has goons?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

She has goons?

*probably.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Good.

She needs to go. I don't support the PoTUS and I feel like he's a bit of...a PITA, but to type the words out that she did...whilst holding a public office...She needs the march of shame, right out the door.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
For every Trump supporter rallying behind this, just remember the left will use this against you someday. And it won't even be someone saying "assassinate." It'll be much more tame.

I don't think she actually meant this. My guess is she was in a spurt of anger and wasn't thinking coherently. She DID delete the entry, so she had some presence of mind.

A lot of twitter and bloggers and other should be weary what they say. This could easily be a free speech issue. Also remember Trump's wife has spoken about "bullying". I would be very careful what this because it could balloon into something very scary. And I was bullied growing up. These people will go too far, mark my words. The road to hell is...

.....paved
.....more pavement
.....still more, so much you lose your sense of direction
.....all this with good intentions.
edit on 8/22/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
For every Trump supporter rallying behind this, just remember the left will use this against you someday. And it won't even be someone saying "assassinate." It'll be much more tame.

I don't think she actually meant this. My guess is she was in a spurt of anger and wasn't thinking coherently. She DID delete the entry, so she had some presence of mind.

A lot of twitter and bloggers and other should be weary what they say. This could easily be a free speech issue. Also remember Trump's wife has spoken about "bullying". I would be very careful what this because it could balloon into something very scary. And I was bullied growing up. These people will go too far, mark my words. The road to hell is...

.....paved with good intentions.

The left has no ground to stand on this topic.
But by all means use this to take a stand.
I do not think the right will take a hit on this.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

How great would it be, if people who advocated for free speech (especially in these times) fought for her to stay?

Yeah, she'll carry that stigma for the rest of her life, but the right to speak freely is a cornerstone in a free society.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How great would it be, if people who advocated for free speech (especially in these times) fought for her to stay?

Yeah, she'll carry that stigma for the rest of her life, but the right to speak freely is a cornerstone in a free society.

Trouble comes when someone acts....charles Manson never actually killed anyone. It's a fine line and calling for assassination is a bit over it.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No one is depriving her of her free speech,
just her free ride on a State Senators salary.

Her term is up, she is not eligible for re elect anyways.

Threats of violence are not protected speech.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

She "wished", she didn't compel.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I would have a hard time comparing her to Manson.

Is she a few cards short a full deck?

Absolutely.

Was it in bad taste?

Absolutely.

Was it mean? Hateful? Nasty?

Yes. Yes. And yes.

Was it illegal?

Mmmmm, not so sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She hoped.

Trump is under a special counsel for the same.

He hoped.

Apparently hope was hijacked by Obama.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

"Hope" should never be uttered by a politician.

I leave "Hope" to Christmas Eve and first dates.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is the liberal way.

They will come for Santa and first dates next.

In any case, she is done, it's only a matter of time.
And she deserves the vacation.

She gets paid for her "free speech".
Elected officials paid with tax payers money are
as they should be accountable for every word they speak.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I see your point. Hell, I see everyone's point here.

I will not defend the content.

But I will defend her right to speak her opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join