It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Personal liberty is a toxic discussion.

So you say a child cannot decide their gender on their own?

What is your opinion of other things?

If they were born without arms and legs, what age can they request assisted suicide? Because so far according to you they aren't even a gender until around 10.

You might not think suicide a relevant topic, but to quote some famous people:
"Give me Liberty, or Give me Death."

You see, Transgender is especially concerning because they are killing themselves in high rate over lack of liberty. So any caution about rejection of such over their personal choice for their benefit is a null argument if they kill themselves later. This is the core issue in the conservative side of the argument, and one they better sort out fast, because transgenderism is an issue, but ignoring it will lead to backlash from the left even greater than what was intended. Like removing "Girls and Boys" as words all together, as such ludicrous suggestion.

But you might find yourself still in disagreement, that's fine, just know it places you as opposition. The "My Children" argument is always one of hilarity anyway, no one that discusses this has transgender children ever.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlsBad

You see, Transgender is especially concerning because they are killing themselves in high rate over lack of liberty. So any caution about rejection of such over their personal choice for their benefit is a null argument if they kill themselves later. This is the core issue in the conservative side of the argument, and one they better sort out fast, because transgenderism is an issue, but ignoring it will lead to backlash from the left even greater than what was intended. Like removing "Girls and Boys" as words all together, as such ludicrous suggestion.

And this is why I do it. And I will keep doing it. A 50% rate of attempted suicide in adolescent trans kids.

These are the casualties that some are willing to accept in their attempts to defend the gender norms. Even against the rebellious children who dare challenge the silly limitations that some adults seem to want to impose on them.

They are often vulnerable, isolated, ridiculed and harassed. Most of you can barely handle a little online wedgie without whining. You are effectively challenging the right of these children to their own identity and well-being.

Don't care if you think I come across rude. This is bigger than internet butthurt (:

edit on 28-8-2017 by melatonin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Seeing you seemed to really want my attention earlier, and I now have time. Just for you (:

Because he/she/it is not better than the people she is preaching to. Hypocrite and such just they are that high on their moral throne, they do not even realize..

He/she/it?

That's nice. You're a real charmer. Bet you're a hit with the girls, mein leibschen.

Seriously? I mean, seriously? This can´t be a honest question. Are you that brainwashed / misguided? Because it´s nature, although you don´t like it, it has been this way forever.

Yes, kayla asked it as a real honest question.

Are you so limited by your own bubble that you can't approach a relevant question, one which motivated you to intervene into kayla's conversation, without suggesting someone is brainwashed? A bit rude, no? Manners, darling.

And your response: because nature. lol

No, it isn't. Boy and girl labelling imposes pretty robust gender policing beyond the simple biological definition of male/female.

I´m now speaking for myself, I knew and also had the impression others did, already in kindergarten the difference and the meaning between the word "boy" and "girl".

It started when we (the boys) were teached not to visit the girls bathroom.

So adults impose gender policing via toilets. It was imposed on you by an adult.

Not nature. Make up your mind, lol. I'm getting confused. I'd almost think ya'll just throwing together half-assed arguments in defence of some vacuous concept.

Of course. But I say, as in most cases, let puberty sort it out. I´ve no problem with transgenderism per se, just the way it´s pushed on small children. I also had a "tomboy girlfriend" that sometimes complained she wanted to have a penis (girlfriend as in, classmate who I used to spend time with), guess what, that changed suddenly when she became 14.

So a tomboy, a pretty well-accepted concept which often attracts little more than a 'she'll grow out of it', is fine and dandy.

And your friend did grow out of it. Cool - bet she was happy to be able to explore her gender identity unhindered.

However, if a boy does the same that is suddenly a massive problem and must be due to adults 'pushing' a gender expression on them. And waiting for puberty does help 'sort' some trans children out. It is devastating for them. Good to know you care.

Hmmm, overall, it appears your bias is showing - girls expressing masculinity = fine; boys expressing femininity = adults pushing agenda.

And given your terminology earlier I have a hard time accepting you are fine with individuals who are gender variant/transgender.

Don´t confuse your kind with the rest of the world.

You really are a charmer. Your 'kind'? Jeezus...

Sorry if I take no lessons in social skills and everyday manners from your good self, mein leibschen (:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: melatonin

And this is why I do it. And I will keep doing it. A 50% rate of attempted suicide in adolescent trans kids.

Don't care if you think I come across rude. This is bigger than internet butthurt (:

If you are sincere in your concern for the number of trans children that attempt suicide, you may want to reconsider your approach.

Being rude and snarky does very little in getting people to listen to what you say, or to be more accepting of trans children.

Trans children are not the only children that are committing suicide in record numbers. Many psychiatrist think that there are neurochemical components that can make adolescents vulnerable to mental illness, and more vulnerable to suicide ideations.

I am amazed and perplexed at the number of children that are on antidepressants, mood elevators, sleeping aide, and brain stimulants. I deal with children that have been victims of violence, assaults, and abuse. More than half have had episodes of suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and or episodes of self harm. The numbers of children with these thoughts are staggering.

Our children whether trans or not, are dealing with life challenges that have no precedence, and parents that are turning to the enemy for advice on how to help them. The internet and social media is exacerbating the problems that both parents and children face. SJWs may mean well, but they are often more hurtful than helpful.

I have no reason not to believe that you are legitimately concerned, but rude posts are not going to help them. Everyone is not going to agree with you, and it is okay. You don't need everyone to agree with you, because it is not about you or me.

Sometimes I have to walk into the belly of the beast and I go in armed with nothing but my love and dedication. My only concern is the safety and well being of the children. As long as I leave knowing that the needs of the children are being addressed, I don't have to win every battle. I just need to keep on working to win the war.

I sometimes have to fight those that mean well, but have allowed their attention to become fixated on the problem and away from the purpose of the fight. It is easy to stray when you are passionate about something.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: melatonin

If you are sincere in your concern for the number of trans children that attempt suicide, you may want to reconsider your approach.

Being rude and snarky does very little in getting people to listen to what you say, or to be more accepting of trans children.

Please. I've been following these threads for a while. Don't tone police me, lol.

Herr Not Amazing Manners jumped into both mine and Kayla's discussion throwing he/she/it around. Excuse me if I can't be bothered engaging with them beyond winding him up. I bothered pulling apart his inane arguments just now.

Again, I'm sure Kayla faces down these sort of discussions regularly and does it exactly how you want it.

Makes no difference against a tide of backwardness arguing against the rights of people to freely express themselves. Sometimes a bit of spice is the best response to bigoted fools.

Not including you in that, though. I went purely for humour D:

Did you see the article that discusses the threats and abuse the charity Mermaids are receiving in the UK? This issue is not even that funny. This is affecting the well-being of children and adults in the real world.

Trans children are not the only children that are committing suicide in record numbers. Many psychiatrist think that there are neurochemical components that can make adolescents vulnerable to mental illness, and more vulnerable to suicide ideations.

True, the mental health of young-uns is pretty awful these days.

However, where trans kids are attempting suicide at rates of 50%, this is down at 7% for the general adolescent population.

That's one hell of a difference which has little to do with neurobiology.

So as I outlined - we can attempt to handle gender variance by maintaining the status quo and giving these kids some room to exist with support from all. Or maybe we could do away with gender labelling all together? Or we can ignore these children, decide it's just SJWs forcing it on kids, and make them conform to gender policing against their wishes.

I prefer the first. We likely all agree the second won't work. And some seem to think the third is the best option.

At the moment we have a mix of the first and third. The third will not help trans kids but will be an attempt to ensure that boys will be boys :/

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
splinternews.com...

Oh noes. The apocalypse is upon us D:

people wont know boys from girls and cats will be sleeping with dogs. Whatever next?

Won't someone think of the children? *clutches pearls*
edit on 2-9-2017 by melatonin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join