It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: seasonal
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

Gender identity has nothing to do with sexuality.

Here we go again.

You'd think with the multitude of threads on Transgender - - the "I really don't want to know" participants would learn something.

But, NO!

You mean biology? Speaking from a parent's perspective there's nothing to learn.
If my child's teacher attempts to push some irreversibly stupid agenda onto my child because of his imagination there's going to be a problem, especially when a "teacher" is of age to know better. Just because my boy puts on his Mom's flip-flops and reaches for the door handle, doesn't make him gender confused. If he's 16 and turns out to be a weirdo that thinks he's a girl, fine. But I want it coming from his mouth, not anyone else.
edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago1905699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Why don't we start at the VERY beginning: Teaching kids about the alphabet -- before you start FORCING your 'LGBTQ' ADULT sexual preference/PROPAGANDA in their lives? Yeah??? How about you leave kids OUT of that. YEAH??? Great idea.

FIRST GRADE: THE ALPHABET.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Why don't we start at the VERY beginning: Teaching kids about the alphabet -- before you start FORCING your 'LGBTQ' ADULT sexual preference/PROPAGANDA in their lives? Yeah??? How about you leave kids OUT of that. YEAH??? Great idea.

FIRST GRADE: THE ALPHABET.

Some people want to watch the world burn and will happily hurt our kids anyway they can .

Its some weird screwed up mindset that is very similar to the whole lets bomb them into submission for their own good and our safety.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: interupt42
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

Gender identity has nothing to do with sexuality.

Here we go again.

You'd think with the multitude of threads on Transgender - - the "I really don't want to know" participants would learn something.

But, NO!

You mean biology?

She means the brain. We all have a conscious awareness of self. That awareness comes from the brain. Part of that awareness includes what gender we are. The vast majority of the time, that conscious awareness of gender matches the physical body, but on rare occasions it does not. Sometimes the brain's wiring goes a different way than the rest of the body.

We don't know yet exactly how that happens, but check out what all the major healthcare organizations have to say about gender dysphoria.

Children's brains develop this self awareness starting at around age 2 or 3. They know they exist, they know they are a person, and they know they are a boy or a girl. The brains of children with gender dysphoria tell them they are a girl when their body tells them they are a boy.

Sometimes a child will show symptoms of gender dysphoria when there is really something else going on. Maybe they've been traumatized in some way, or maybe they are gay. That's why it takes time and a good therapist to figure it out.

I know I'm wasting my time here, and people will just respond with "penis = boy and "vagina=girl", but in reality the brain is just more complicated than that.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Jesus, trying to quote the person that said it isn't child abuse to teach these kids those things but the formatting is all over and the wrong quote only shows, so you have to just imagine someone said "This is not child abuse".

Wanted to read the whole thread first but have to say something about this. You are talking about a minuscule minority that MAY get confused at some point, compared to a major majority which will be just fine, but got intentionally confused because of the minuscule minority.

It is child abuse to take the norm [yes, as in normal, as in the majority of creatures living on this planet] and make small children think it isn't.
Child abuse just like forcing religion on naturally neutral children [i.e naturally atheist, like everyone that has ever been born].

edit on 23-8-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2017 by Hecate666 because: stupid formatting

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Kids don't know anything about gender? According to everyone in here.

Going to call bogus on that. I've been friends with several teachers in Kindergarten, and little boys all have crushes on them.

I remember myself having a crush on the Kindergarten teacher. My next door neighbor was also a tom-boy, playing rollerskate hockey since kindergarten. You think she didn't know what that meant? Maybe you were just a stupid kid. She knew what that meant.

Science suggests kids learn gender identity after 3-5, the age they would be in kindergarten.

At what age is it acceptable to educate someone about Transgender? 30? The earlier the transition is, the more smooth and successful it is if necessary.

All I see is bigoted fear and bad parents. Obviously you will blame the establishment if your kid is gay, because you're so insecure and pathetic about both what that means, and how much of your 'responsibility' that actually is. None, is the reality. You only care because you're prejudice.
edit on 23-8-2017 by Who2Trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Who2Trust

How dare you call a normal majority bigots? You are the bigots wanting the tail wag the dog, so much that you can insult what is clearly working just fine in nature?
Transgender kids are rare, they can be taught at home if they think something is different about them. You don't have to teach children that just grow as they should that they may be this or that. They are not. Most will be either male or female.
Stop the insults, it's getting really lame and they mean nothing to anyone apart from that you have no decent argument to give.

These parents are not bigots. You are, by ignoring the majority and making them feel bad about something they don't have to.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

How dare you call a normal majority bigots? You are the bigots wanting the tail wag the dog, so much that you can insult what is clearly working just fine in nature?
Transgender kids are rare, they can be taught at home if they think something is different about them. You don't have to teach children that just grow as they should that they may be this or that. They are not. Most will be either male or female.
Stop the insults, it's getting really lame and they mean nothing to anyone apart from that you have no decent argument to give.

These parents are not bigots. You are, by ignoring the majority and making them feel bad about something they don't have to.

I wasn't even talking to you psycho, you're the one getting all personal angst and calling ME out, when I'm speaking to the narrative.

You would love Transgender kids to be rare, you say this like they don't exist, and when you later acknowledge they do then you place it in the back of your mind like it's not reality and then don't even address what a proper protocol would even look like anyway. Did you not read the story? She read the book for a specific reason, not to indoctrinate you, or them, but because of a specific transgender feeling student.

And part of education of Transgender is important for acceptance, not souly to turn your child against their normal sex, but to help other students understand them and how they feel. It might help if others know a thing or two about it if, instead of constant fear your child is so dumb this argument they will falsely change their gender is relevant. None of you are nice to Transgender once they're actually transgender, so what difference does it make? When the idiots in Government were dealing with the bathrooms, you don't think there were Transgender children put at fault by their peers for this and bullied because adults like you find it so easy to call it wrong, and they copy them? Something that is absolutely not their fault?

You don't know much about kids or this issue is reality, just a bunch of unjustified fear that makes everything 100x worse, like always with everyone that has right leaning ideology.

Ps. Calling someone a bigot is similar to calling someone ignorant. Get off your high horse, not every bigot knows they're a bigot. This includes you, and I don't hate you for it, I don't hate mentally handicap people for being stupid either. It specifically means intolerant, and I use the word prejudice in conjunction with this. And you are intolerant. No question there with a reply like that(Transgenders should stay home!!! lul.). Not that I even care or was talking to you.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I believe the teacher was trying to help the other kids understand why one of their classmates was struggling with gender identity.

This is a fairly complex subject to explain to a kid who doesn't have gender dysphoria, but I think it could be done in an age-appropriate way. It may not totally explain it, but it could help them deal a little better with the child in question. Otherwise, without any explanation at all, the other kids are really going to be confused as to why their male classmate is all of a sudden growing long hair, wearing ribbons and dresses, and changing his name to Susie.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

You learned the alphabet in first grade?

What a noob.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

5 year olds have no idea about gender ID. This is their parent/s pushing an agenda and the stupid ass teachers carrying the touch for the liberal agenda.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: notsure1

5 year olds have no idea about gender ID. This is their parent/s pushing an agenda and the stupid ass teachers carrying the touch for the liberal agenda.

Ok smart guy, you're the teacher.

One child asks you why another is wearing the wrong gender clothing.

What do?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

First take a breath.....

I would do as I did with my kids and say tommy wants try girl cloths on and perhaps make a game of it. Simple. No trans talk, no ID talk and no big deal in the media because I am a responsible adult who knows how to deal with children.

My kids both sexes did all sort of zany things.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

So you're going to do this individually with every child in the class of 35?

Or you could read them all a short book. I've actually read this book in question. Have you?

How much similar it's purpose could be, I can't really spell out any clearer. You said it for me.

"Take a breath"

fft

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I wonder why a child was changing clothes in a classroom. This was a set up to push a liberal agenda on to little kids.

And I support people who are trans, but the trans gender ID issue should not be pushed on kids. They are too young.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Let them be individuals. Every barrier that already exists on transition only hurts them.

You act like the flip side of the coin is a place where they're being FORCED to be transgender. That's ridiculous, the only force is from the other side, that if you're not normal, they will persecute you for it.

I even hear such trash nonsense that some of the people that are against transgender do it because they want to save them from the persecution of being transgender. Jesus, how dumb to not realize they're their own enemies. /s It's an agenda? Prove it. The book choice was perfect for the situation, you need to get over a person trying to find acceptance. Is the kid supposed to quit school? Be force to dress as the gender they are biologically? What bigoted compromise is it for you? Because it obviously isn't let the kid be in school and teach other peers about them. That would be horrible. /s

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I wonder why a child was changing clothes in a classroom. This was a set up to push a liberal agenda on to little kids.

And I support people who are trans, but the trans gender ID issue should not be pushed on kids. They are too young.

Ps. I addressed you perfectly, and you completely deflected to this.

Can you resubjugate yourself to anything in my previous reply?

Can you not rationalize the logic of using a book verses explaining 35 times why Johny is Sally?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The kid is 5.

The kid should be loved and let them move on to wanting to be a school bus or a puppy.

Kids at the age of 5 do not have gender ID issues-their parent/s do. It is an agenda to have a child of that age used as a prop in class. It is indecent and boarders on criminal.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I already told you I've read this book, and you still claim some part of this is propaganda. You better point to it now, and it better be fire for me to believe a shred of that. Because you keep deflecting your position back to an unprovable statement of how you feel now verses how you felt when you were a child. And why do your feelings matter and not this kid again?

Kids at 5 now are smarter than you were when you were 5, start with this thought and go from there about how bad of an idea it is to even attempt to decide for someone else something that should be their choice alone and how they should feel.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

"My daughter came home crying and shaking so afraid she could turn into a boy," another parent said.

This should be all that anyone needs to see.

A little girl comes home that upset because she's now afraid she'll somehow become a boy because of this. This is what it can do to kids. It doesn't "help" them. It upsets them. It scares them.

If you had one who thinks they are having confusion issues, then that's what the school counselor is for, but you don't involve the other kids in there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join