It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: seasonal

Exactly. They know the difference. If it was a "pretend" like you said it wouldn't last long. Like the other poster said children at that age could pretend to be batman or superman. But that wouldn't last long.

How do you view the fact that the vast majority of children diagnosed with gender dysphoria come to accept their birth gender by adulthood if left without treatment (somewhere between 80 and 95%). How does the increased rate of childhood sexual abuse found in those with gender dysphoria correlate with the idea of the transgender brain? How does the fact that male-to-female transgenders are drastically biased towards those who grew up without a father figure for with the transgender brain? How do the inconclusive results of twin studies support the concept of the transgender brain?

It doesn't matter whether the confusion last for a week during kindergarten or goes all the way up to graduating from high school; they are still children. Their bodies and brains are still developing chemically, physically and psychologically. They don't fully mature (the brain in particular) until around the mid-20s.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Sounds like brainwashing to me.

I truly feel there is some sort of LGBTQ+ agenda being pushed...

That is not to say I don't think it's all BS or anything like that.

But kindergarten? Come on...

Agreed nothing against the LGBTQ+ community, I can't imagine what they go through.

But when I was in kindergarten, I was more worried about what kind of juice I wanted, or jelly on my pb&j... Maybe I was a dumb kid, but I had no mental cognition of what gender I was feeling... I was just living.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

If it was a "pretend" like you said it wouldn't last long. Like the other poster said children at that age could pretend to be batman or superman. But that wouldn't last long.

Thats not true . There are people that believe and feel like they are warevolves into adulthood (lycanthropy).

I am sure you have source for that.

Google is your friend
www.livescience.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This does scream agenda.

The timing was at the end of the school year.

If it was as she said one child then talk to the parent don't make it a classroom issue.

Kindergarten for f'ing sake. Teach them the alphabet, numbers and how to interact with each other in school. Issues like gender identity is only going to confuse them.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten.

I'm personally outraged by this.

I read the entire article and nowhere did I see anyone getting grilled. I was expecting to see parents grilling actual members of the school board, preferably over a mesquite charcoal fire, but no human beings were actually cooked.

False advertising.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

If it was a "pretend" like you said it wouldn't last long. Like the other poster said children at that age could pretend to be batman or superman. But that wouldn't last long.

Thats not true . There are people that believe and feel like they are warevolves into adulthood (lycanthropy).

Google is your friend
www.livescience.com...

Google is always our friend but this time apparently it isn't your friend. Nothing in that article is about children.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It seems one student did in fact feel they had a gender ID issue.

But I know what you mean. As a kid I watched loony tunes (from the 1940's-50's) with Buggs Bunny and those cartoons were racist, sexist and I never realized that when I watched them on Saturday mornings. Wonder if there is a statue of Buggs that needs some social justice?

But I digress, you are correct in most cases. But in this case there is a bit more going on.
edit on 22-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh come on now! 5 year old's being taught about this is so far outside the lines of proper conduct by a teacher, it's barely worth arguing. Question is, who taught these teachers to teach about gender and sexual identity in Kindergarten?

Where in the heck do they find these people?

It may be perfectly appropriate at an older age, but this is a step too far.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Google is your friend
www.livescience.com...

Google is always our friend but this time apparently it isn't your friend. Nothing in that article is about children.

The point was not about children . It was about people feeling like they are something they aren't even in adulthood.

Should we start to encourage a child that feels like a werewolve in kindergarten to dress and act like a werewolve and expect the class to encourage their delusion?

I'm not saying an adult transgender is delusional , but I'm saying an adult encouraging a 5 year old to be a transgender might be delusional. Its way to young to commit a 5 year old to such a drastic change in their life at such a young age.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I never agreed with encouraging kids to be who they are not. Gender dysphoria is real. Children with gender dysphoria will exhibit behaviors that are opposite of their sexes without encouraging, even with parents trying to convince them otherwise. If there is any "encouraging" then charge the with child abuse.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I never agreed with encouraging kids to be who they are not. Gender dysphoria is real. Children with gender dysphoria will exhibit behaviors that are opposite of their sexes without encouraging, even with parents trying to convince them otherwise. If there is any "encouraging" then charge the with child abuse.

far more often than i see kids being encouraged to explore, i see kids being told 'boys don't do that, girls don't do that' and discouraged from exploring. this is just the same old trumped up right wing hysteria, imo.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I agree with all you said.

The problem I see here is that the teacher and parents jumped the gun in encouraging or supporting a 5 year old to come out to the class as a trans gender.

The child is way to young to understand the ramifications of what they are doing. If that child in 2 years no longer feels like they are transgender he/she will have a hard time changing back and possibly won't under peer pressure having already come out as transgender.

I also don't think it was fair to the rest of the parents and children to have been exposed to such a complicated subject matter without parental consent.

Like I said I have no problem with transgenders. As long as people are happy and they don't hurt anyone else I don't care if you feel like your are a warevolve . Just don't dictate by force when parents decide to have such talk with their kids.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"They" (the state) actively recruit these people.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the "education" system is a cult of leftist ideology, from the top down.

They want these people in the classroom for the express purpose of indoctrinating your kids into loathing their own traditions and culture. I don't see how it could be any more obvious.
edit on 8/22/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

5 years old is too young to be a SJW. And feeding these kids adult content is bordering on criminal.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

5 years old is too young to be a SJW. And feeding these kids adult content is bordering on criminal.

I wonder if they told MLK that he was too young to be a SJW at that age.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Give the group of educators a pink slip......wake up call, huh!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don't think MLK was fighting for civil rights at the age of 5. but if he was it would be prompted by his parents just like the gender ID 5 year old was.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"They" (the state) actively recruit these people.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the "education" system is a cult of leftist ideology, from the top down.

They want these people in the classroom for the express purpose of indoctrinating your kids into loathing their own traditions and culture. I don't see how it could be any more obvious.

Yep, no doubt.

Not only that but a segment of society is really sick in the head and they want kids to grow up screwed up and confused so that they can point them out and say "see its normal to be #ed up in the head "

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I would lose my mind if this was my kid's teacher. Who gave her permission to teach gender studies? This is pretty hard stuff to understand, and their minds are very suggestible.

Honestly, have you talked to a kindergartner?? They believe everything! I can recall many things my sons thought were true when they were young that were absolutely absurd! And not because they are not smart, it's because they believe what people tell them! Especially people who they see as leaders, or are supposed to be knowledgeable...aka teachers!

She's a kindergarten teacher, pretty sure this is NOT in the cirriculum! Talk about confusing the heck out of these little ones!

I have to stop thinking about this before I go off the deep end....

edit on 0814008201708America/ChicagoTue, 22 Aug 2017 21:14:00 -050068 by misnomer68 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Geez...to think when I was in kindergarten my worst fear was nap time.....and a passing grade in sandbox engineering...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join