It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Teaching opportunity for parent (from article):

"The kindergartners came home very confused, about whether or not you can pick your gender, whether or not they really were a boy or a girl," said England.

I'm sure the parents made the best of this teaching opportunity (NOT).

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You asked:

Just like sex education.

Leave it to the parents.

I answered:

You understand that sex ed is a planned part of the curriculum?

The transitioning student that changed in the closet and used as a prop was the genius teachers idea. No informed consent from the parents. Want to know why? Because the teacher knew the liberal agenda would be shut down cold.

Answer this post please.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The problem is it is unnecessary.

And if it is necessary?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You and I disagree that a 5 year old should change from a boy to a girl in a closet in a class room. Then be used a prop by a psychopathic teacher to further a very liberal cause.
I do not think a 5 year old is ready to trans. You do. And research has shown most "grow out of it".

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The transitioning student that changed in the closet and used as a prop was the genius teachers idea. No informed consent from the parents. Want to know why? Because the teacher knew the liberal agenda would be shut down cold.

Answer this post please.

"Genius teacher's idea"

No bias in that statement.

What I see from you, is you could not argue my simplicity of "using percentage as an argument" or any of the other points I made.

Only then - - did you refer back to the article - - which I never mentioned.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The teacher should not use students as props. I hope we agree on that.

Sex ed is a part of the curriculum, trans is not. I hope we agree on that.

The fact that most kids grow out of this by 13 is telling. Perhaps it is a phase for most?

edit on 24-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
People should take their finger off this liberal agenda, these are impressionable children who have to decide for themselves what they are but first and foremost these kids are at the time when they should be having FUN, pushing this crap on them because you the teacher are in to it is WRONG, anyone doing it is WRONG.

To be perfectly honest I'm fed up of hearing about gender, I talked to my daughter who is almost 18 about what is going on and she is just as fed up as I am, her so called friends go on about being gender fluid etc etc etc, all this nonsense is doing is confusing people even more by nearly every day making up a new name for it.

But the bottom line is that a person should NEVER be pushing their personal views on kids, I'm not religious and my wife is a Muslim (a normal non mad one) and we decided early on that we will let Serena decide if she likes religion but only when she is able to understand all the negatives and pluses, mostly what its really about. When you are young you MUST enjoy as much of growing up as possible and certainly not by some nut jobs agenda.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Mclaneinc because: Spelling...again...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cheesyleps
This article has glossed over the bit that particularly enraged the parents and affected the kids. The teacher literally sent the boy into a closet to change into a girl and then reappear to the rest of the class to be 'baptised' with a new, suitably female name.

WTF? Holy # please excuse my cursing BUT WTF?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc
I hear you.

My nephew who is a male, that is not transgender, but prefers the company of a male partner, says that he thinks that this is insane.

His opinion is that a child of that age should never be cornered into making a gender choice.

He said that he didn't question his sexuality until he was about 13 or 14, because he was taught that love had little to do with gender.

He had friends he loved that were male and female, when he realized that he was "in" love with a male friend, that is when he realized that he may be homosexual. He is still close friends with this male friend from childhood, that is married to a female, and he has been in a monogamous relationship with a male partner for over six years, and they seem to be very happy together.

He says that that at the age of 5 or 6 that he didn't have a clue about gender or sexuality and that this is just plain wrong.

Not saying it is the same for all. Just sharing what he had to say.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

At 5 years old, we aren't talking about making any physical changes to the body. We are talking about allowing them to dress as the gender they say they identify with, and maybe change their name (not legally). That is not the same thing as any of those examples which have permanent consequences.

Ah, but that can have permanent consequences. Allowing a child to behave that way in school, and demanding that other students treat them as something they are not, can have profound psychological effects on a child. What happens when said child would be growing out of this phase, and wants to be who they actually are, and then their classmates are already used to treating them as something else? What if they aren't that way, and are not afraid to go back to being normal, because of all the pressure placed on other students?

This is nothing short of child abuse, and recruitment. These kids do NOT typically decide, on their own, at that age, to be so different it confuses their classmates. They just don't. Parent push this to be able to claim to have a trans child, as some sort of fad. It's sickening.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is not about the kids it is about a liberal ideology that some are willing to push no matter what.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Matthew 18:6 - 7

But whoever shall cause one of these little ones who believe in me, to sin, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

How terrible it will be for the world due to its temptations to sin! Temptations to sin are bound to happen, but how terrible it will be for that person who causes someone to sin!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

This is not about the kids it is about a liberal ideology that some are willing to push no matter what.

Some of both, in this case. If they can get enough people to believe that kids can make this sort of decision, how far is that from kids being able to consent? Think about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
her so called friends go on about being gender fluid etc etc etc, all this nonsense is doing is confusing people even more by nearly every day making up a new name for it.

Oh noes... those pesky kids with their new fangled confusing ideas... makes my ears bleed D:

Give 'em a stick and a ball and get them back to a real childhood, lol.

If a boy wants to wear a dress and have bows in their hair, who cares?

I find it hilarious that these BS discussions generally focus on boys expressing femininity. You'd think some people view femininity as the lesser, huh? Gotta alpha male those little whippersnappers D:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Kind of solves the problem of dress for both sides.

It is not about the dress or about the children. It is about the adults.

This new trending of aggressively trying to get people to go along with your beliefs is not working. It is only causing both sides to dig in their heels, which leads to division, friction, and hostilities.

There is not need to make this an issue among children. I am around enough children to know that gender is not anything children that are kindergarten age even think about, unless it is being pushed by an adult.

Let the children be children, they will have enough time to have to battle the ills that the world is ready to throw at them. At least let them have time to grow up before we start labeling and categorizing them.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Let the children be children, they will have enough time to have to battle the ills that the world is ready to throw at them. At least let them have time to grow up before we start labeling and categorizing them.

Yup. So if a boy wants to wear a dress and bows in their hair, we should let them without it being shamed and ridiculed.

We just need to sort the problematic adults whom seem to find such expressions conflict with their petty ideologies (:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: melatonin
There are many cultures where young boys wear bows, feathers, multicolored thread, etc., in their hair.

What a child wants to wear displays his imagination and creativity. It is the adult that wants to label and categorize what that means.

Adults are the ones with the problem, and we need to stop spilling it all over the children.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

There are many cultures where young boys wear bows, feathers, multicolored thread, etc., in their hair.

What a child wants to wear displays his imagination and creativity. It is the adult that wants to label and categorize what that means.

Adults are the ones with the problem, and we need to stop spilling it all over the children.

Whether the adults label or not, the main issue is that the child is free to express themselves in any which way they like, no? Without ridicule or shaming.

We already label them 'boys' and 'girls' with all the baggage that clearly entails. If you're suggesting we also do away with those restrictive labels, I'm on board (:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No I am not advocating for doing away with the terms boy and girl.

Children are comfortable with differences. They know that mommy and daddy are different in some ways and sometimes they play different roles. They may not fully understand what those roles are at that age, so it is not unusual for them to alternate from wanting to be and look like mommy, to wanting to be and look like daddy.

It is not unusual for a child to say at that age, that they are going to grow-up to marry mommy or daddy. It is just the child trying to determine what their role is in the family, using mommy and daddy as guideposts.

What ever hangups we have developed over the years while we became adults, we should not be using as an excuse to try to mold a child's mind to our way of thinking.

Children will develop their sense of identity associated with the terms boy and girl. Adults that have scars and have problems dealing with these terms, should not inflict those feelings onto a child. They may think they are helping. I don't think they are.

edit on 28-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Children will develop their sense of identity associated with the terms boy and girl. Adults that have scars and have problems dealing with these terms, should not inflict those feelings onto a child. They may think they are helping. I don't think they are.

Oh, I see.

So some labels are for some reason protected and adults are allowed to impose all the baggage associated with such a label on children?

I thought that was a bad idea?

I'm now getting confused, must be my adulting status :/ I'll be railing against those pesky kids with their new fangled ideas next D:

There's a massive inherent contradiction in your position. But what's a massive inherent contradiction between friends...
edit on 28-8-2017 by melatonin because: getting confused by massive inherent contradictions

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join