It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So only discuss it when there is a student that thinks they are trans or discuss it to all kids regardless?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Apparently not announcing and discussing the one trans child in a classroom with the entire classroom is akin to locking a disabled child in a closet.

That's not a false narrative or a false equivalence.

Still the same 3 or 4 people.

There has to come a point when you realise you are outnumbered by such a huge margin that you begin to question your position.

Surely?

The lengths this same few people are going to, the circular arguments, the insane double-standards. It really is pointless, these people are so hellbent and driven to push this crap, and it is crap.

Every thread on this issue they're there, it's almost as if they lay in wait - just hoping for the opportunity to leap in and continue to push their sordid little interests. They will never give up...these threads are always the same.

I absolutely detest these people, I can't even pretend or try to hide it any more. It is a completely corrupt and perverted mindset. Trying to reason with them is impossible, best just be blunt and call it as it is.

It's perverted, and when the majority have had enough and they snap they're going to start being more and more vocal about it...then they'll know what it truly means to be persecuted and it'll be entirely deserved. Most of us know who and what they are.

They know who and what they are...and I'm sick to my damn stomach of them.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

So only discuss it when there is a student that thinks they are trans or discuss it to all kids regardless?

Only when it is appropriate. Nobody is forcing this on the children.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Oh goody. A threat.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I have seen no proof to prove or disprove that kids are ready to state they need to transition at 5 years old.

I have seen theory that trans feeling go away around 10 -13 years old.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

How is it a threat?

You see the tactics they use?

When you break down the veneer and speak your mind...they pretend it's a threat. I'm threatening to what, exactly? Be honest? Speak my mind?

Do you wish to exert control over me?

Do you have a problem with honesty or free speech?

It's control, isn't it? That's how this works...that's why we're where we are now. You found a mechanism by which you and your ilk can control people.

Problem is, it's wearing thin...I ain't being controlled or bullied by you and your mates.

Like I said in a previous post, you ain't half as smart as you think you are. Your cheap little tricks and mindgames won't work forever.

you're beginning to lose now, and I'm glad you are.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
Apparently not announcing and discussing the one trans child in a classroom with the entire classroom is akin to locking a disabled child in a closet.

"Closet" in quotes.

Guess posters who use percentage as their argument should re-think that.

And society acceptance of many things has evolved over the years. They can just evolve some more.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This is what you are more comfortable with and choose to believe.

Statistics do not support your opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

"Closet" in quotes.

Guess posters who use percentage as their argument should re-think that.

And society acceptance of many things has evolved over the years. They can just evolve some more.

Or what...is that a threat?

What if they don't...will there be consequences?

So you're comparing trans kids in modern classrooms to disabled kids being locked in closets in the 50's?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That's not a false narrative or a false equivalence.

Still the same 3 or 4 people.

There has to come a point when you realise you are outnumbered by such a huge margin that you begin to question your position.

Surely?

The lengths this same few people are going to, the circular arguments, the insane double-standards. It really is pointless, these people are so hellbent and driven to push this crap, and it is crap.

Every thread on this issue they're there, it's almost as if they lay in wait - just hoping for the opportunity to leap in and continue to push their sordid little interests. They will never give up...these threads are always the same.

I absolutely detest these people, I can't even pretend or try to hide it any more. It is a completely corrupt and perverted mindset. Trying to reason with them is impossible, best just be blunt and call it as it is.

It's perverted, and when the majority have had enough and they snap they're going to start being more and more vocal about it...then they'll know what it truly means to be persecuted and it'll be entirely deserved. Most of us know who and what they are.

They know who and what they are...and I'm sick to my damn stomach of them.

To clarify, I highlighted my specific threat

If you're gonna make wild accusations and claim you're being threatened. Saying you've been threatened in some way is ambiguous...a threat doesn't necessarily mean you're being threatened with harm or violence.

People use the word threat all the time because, like racist, it's one of them words that shuts people up and controls them. So be clear...yes - I'm threatening to stop skirting around the bull# and be honest...that's my specific threat.

And nobody has the right to deny me that option.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Parents, if any of you are one, know that 'the talk' is hard enough without the little butt heads at school saying things. It is usually the 'parent' who wants their child to be a free spirit and not keep anything from them that allows there kid to talk about sex and reproduction. Kindergarten is NOT the normal age for ALL kids to learn things like this. It is not.

As a parent, you have the right to give them a book or have the talk. It is not a schools choice. It is as parents choice.

I am not afraid to talk to my 5th grader about changes or people he sees in movies or TV shows who are different. I am not a backward thinker but talking about transgender or sexual dysphoria with kids who cannot even write there name is wrong. I will not use the word sick, although I am close to, because I do not want another label but there is not ONE good reason.

When my was son in 1st grade was bullied. He had long hair and was so attractive people called him a girl all the time. At the store. Baseball games...and at school. We never minded it. Then a group of older kids started calling him faggot. A lot and we did not know till a teacher caught them. He did not understand what the kids were saying and I can remember him asking me why kids called him fat? He associated faggot with fatter ( he is a beanpole btw). I asked him what he meant and he said "they said I have long hair so I am a faggot cracker'.

So i had to discuss the word with him then so he would not say it again out of context. Kids can be cruel for a variety of reasons not just because a parent or a teacher thinks the kid is 'trans-gendered' .

There is NO good reason to have a teacher talk to kids about anything sexual. Not one!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have seen no proof to prove or disprove that kids are ready to state they need to transition at 5 years old.

What part?

The kids at 5 not being ready to state they are ready to transition. -Or- That the feelings go away around 10-13?
edit on 24-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Don't be coy.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If, as you said, the "trans feeling" go away around 10-13 yeaers old then what is the problem?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'm being the exact opposite of coy.

It's pretty clear what I meant...even if it wasn't for you, I've addressed what you quoted and been very clear on what it means.

Your feeble attempts to turn it into something more are hilarious. You'd really like to be a victim, wouldn't you?

I see something far more vile and sinister than a victim. I can only imagine the internal dialogue when you're alone, and all that you are left with is the knowledge that there's something rotten inside you.

G'night.
edit on 24/8/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The problem is it is unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The problem is it is unnecessary.

Glad it doesn't affect you.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The teaching of this in schools is not the place. Now it a student decides to transition at 5, that is their choice, but the whole class is not a participant. There of course would have to be respect and dignity given to the transitioning child that I am still convinced is not ready to make the decision.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The teaching of this in schools is not the place.

Just like sex education.

Leave it to the parents.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You understand that sex ed is a planned part of the curriculum?

The transitioning student that changed in the closet and used as a prop was the genius teachers idea. No informed consent from the parents. Want to know why? Because the teacher knew the liberal agenda would be shut down cold.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join