It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You have no idea that the parents of transgender children do not want this? Absolutely no idea?

Then they should maybe allow their child to be who and what they are instead of labeling the child and trying to force it into what they thinks is "normal" behavior.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You have no idea that the parents of transgender children do not want this? Absolutely no idea?

Then they should maybe allow their child to be who and what they are instead of labeling the child and trying to force it into what they thinks is "normal" behavior.

As I have said over and over and over again they are letting them be who and what they are.
And you keep mentioning "force". You haven't given me any example of that. I asked ketusko to stop creating false narratives. Now I am asking you as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

As I have said over and over and over again they are letting them be who and what they are.
And you keep mentioning "force". You haven't given me any example of that. I asked ketusko to stop creating false narratives. Now I am asking you as well.

Okay, I concede.

Then they should maybe allow their child to be who and what they are, instead of thinking the child's behavior is not normal and labeling the child.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Actually transgenderism is not normal. The word "normal" is a statistical term.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Actually transgenderism is not normal. The word "normal" is a statistical term.

I agree.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Kindergarten is way to early to broach this subject, we should all be in unanimous agreement there. It blows my mind that's not the case.

It blows my mind that many people do not understand gender dysphoria and refuse to learn anything about it.
]

A good wide brush primer for those who want to do some light reading.

www.lgbthealtheducation.org...
Gender Dysphoria: Clinical Issues
in Children

Peer problems & anxiety common

Goals: reduce ostracism, support mental health

Most gender dysphoria found to fade around age 10

Early gender transition may relieve immediate distress, but
complicate transition to former gender role later on

How to affirm both current & later gender identity?

Best therapy debated

Limited information to guide clinical judgment

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't think there is any five year old child that is obsessed with their genitalia, unless there is something going on in the child's life that is, or borders on being criminal.

You've obviously never been around a child with gender dysphoria.

Personally, I believe there is something wrong with an adult that looks at a child kindergarten age, and wants to label them gender dysphoric instead of seeing the child as being a child.

Who said a child with gender dysphoria is not a child?

Adults have to stop trying to make a perfect child, by society's standards.

Why don't we just leave them alone and let the ducklings turn into the swans they are meant to be?

Agreed. The worst thing a parent can do is force the kid to live like a boy, when the kid KNOWS they are a girl, regardless of what their physical body says. Just let them be who they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So if there is one black kid in the class should the teacher call out that kid and explain that he is different because of his skin? The teacher is singling out the child at a very young age. I do not think it is appropriate for the other kids and now the child who is suffering from gender dysphoria is marked as different by those children. Kids that age can be very mean.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It was never talked about before, and trans kid were some of the most bullied kids out there. So, not talking about it obviously didn't help.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: matafuchs

It was never talked about before, and trans kid were some of the most bullied kids out there. So, not talking about it obviously didn't help.

It would be awesome if every parent discussed gender variant with their child.

But, just from the posts on ATS relating to gender variant - - we know how that would go.

There are still parents who refuse to allow their child to attend sexual education.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Discussing gender variant for what purpose?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Discussing gender variant for what purpose?

Is there really any point in responding to this question, asked by a poster who repeatedly questions the validity of gender variance?

edit on 24-8-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Read my posts, I support a person being who ever they want to be. The facts are not kind to people who transition though-suicides and reversing back.

So what is the point in discussing gender variant with 5 year olds, for what purpose?

edit on 24-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Read my posts, I support a person being who ever they want to be. The facts are not kind to people who transition though-suicides and reversing back.

So what is the point in discussing gender variant with 5 year olds, for what purpose?

Gender awareness begins around age 3.

5 year old's are aware of gender.

The only real issue here - - - is adults.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Why discuss something that only pertains to such a small percentage of kids?

There are tons of other rare behavior things that affect kids that age, where should we draw the line?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There are tons of other rare behavior things that affect kids that age, where should we draw the line?

The right-wingers are the ones who complain about this all the time. You'll have to ask them.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So you do not have a good reason to discuss this very confusing rare issue with healthy "normal" 5 year olds?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

So you do not have a good reason to discuss this very confusing rare issue with healthy "normal" 5 year olds?

If there's no good reason then don't discuss. If a transgender child goes to a kindergarten school after 6 years old then perhaps it's a good time to discuss with classmates?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

When I was in school in the 50s, they shoved the kid with Cerebral Palsy into the "closet".

Only one in the whole school. Why should she matter?
edit on 24-8-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

When I was in school in the 50s, they shoved the kid with Cerebral Palsy into the "closet".

Only one in the whole school. Why should she matter?

I've actually seen that in the 80's. Nothing changes.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join